Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: MTW XL Mod

Wow....this guys is what all we need.
    VikingHorde you should be the CEO of Total War!!!
    fantastic job!

I don't know, but you should be a great game designer.

In Italy, you add the Genoese and the Venetians, which is just right.
    What happend with the "Italians"....Milan, Tuscany Sardegna, Corsica? I guess they should be also separate, historically speaking. Ar them still considered as "Italians" faction?

Venetians and Genoes should have the most superior vassels, there's any way that you can improve the galleys produced in Genoa and Venice?

Can you add more default ports? or even just made tham as a default? sounds to me pretty ridicule to build a port in a province with goods.

There's any way that rebles ca even attack other provinces? should they?

Pavia is in Lombardy, the provionce of Milan.....since Pavise units are originally from there can you add +1 valor to those Pavise Crossbowers and arbs?

Sorry if I storm you with all theses "italian" things! I try to make it more accurate and....well easier for my Italian campaigns!

6......Fantastic job!!!

Hmm... I'll have to think about this for a while before I download it, I already have BKB's Supermod and aside from the lack of a Late Era I'm VERY happy with it, I'm not sure if it'll be worth having both or not but playing as the Golden horde does certianly sound enticing...

VikingHorde's Avatar Tiro

Wow....this guys is what all we need.
    VikingHorde you should be the CEO of Total War!!!
    fantastic job!

I don't know, but you should be a great game designer.
    Im glad you like the mod, but don't wan't to CEO. To much work

In Italy, you add the Genoese and the Venetians, which is just right.
    What happend with the "Italians"....Milan, Tuscany Sardegna, Corsica? I guess they should be also separate, historically speaking. Ar them still considered as "Italians" faction?
    There are sadly a limit on numbers of factions. The max is 30, and I have allready used 2 "spaces" for Italy. I gave the Milan and Tuscany to the HRE, but maybe they should be given to the Genoese and Venetians or made rebel..

Venetians and Genoes should have the most superior vassels, there's any way that you can improve the galleys produced in Genoa and Venice?
    Do you mean higher level shipbuilding or..?

Can you add more default ports? or even just made tham as a default? sounds to me pretty ridicule to build a port in a province with goods.
    Hmm.. I think that ports should be bulid in most provinces, but some will get port when I remove the landbriges.

There's any way that rebles ca even attack other provinces? should they?
    The rebels can attack other provinces, but don't do very often. They will have to be very strong in order to attack. I think they should be able to, becouse they are "minor factions/states".

Pavia is in Lombardy, the provionce of Milan.....since Pavise units are originally from there can you add +1 valor to those Pavise Crossbowers and arbs?
    I did not know that, could be a good idea..

Sorry if I storm you with all theses "italian" things! I try to make it more accurate and....well easier for my Italian campaigns!
    I like getting some responce on how to make the mod better. I have a very long list on improvements for the 2.0 version, making gameplay better and hopefully the AI more agressive

Hmm... I'll have to think about this for a while before I download it, I already have BKB's Supermod and aside from the lack of a Late Era I'm VERY happy with it, I'm not sure if it'll be worth having both or not but playing as the Golden horde does certianly sound enticing...
    All I can say is try it. My mod is not a beta and has no problems as far as I know. Im a graphics freak and I have put a lot of work into it (Try out the GA mod or see the prebattle shields). The goal with this mod is the same high graphics level as in the Original (or even better).
    The 2.0 version that im working on will have new improved units stats and hopefully a more agressive AI like in MedMod.

*cheers*

Damn it XL won't work on MTW my VI game bugged up then broke compelety
    and i'm dying to play this Mod.
    I am on fire, but an extinguisher is not required.

Viking horde, my super early and high isn't a beta either mate. They are called Beta's incase anything drastic is wrong with them but i put a vast amount of work into them to ensure that problems are minimal and judging by the responses they are. The problems that have occured are due to people installing incorrectly.

The reason why the pre batlle shields don't work for my mod is due to the fact that i have different factions in each period, whereas your mod just has the same factions in each period.

I also strive for a high level in graphics also. There are certain problems in the game that prohibit from this being displaced( certain review panel pics). Problems go with every mod such as the med mod, hellenic mod and many others. I'm not insulting those mods in any way, all i'm saying is that problems will always rear there ugly head.

At the moment i'm working on a map of Eastern Europe, the middle east, africa and northern india and that has kept my hands tied, but my super late will be out by late July, and apart from a few patches that will eventually follow, it will be finished.

Our mod's are very different. Your's offers GA's and new music, while mine offers over 80 new units and new agents and my new map has been released. I know you are in the progress of yours and good luck with it, both maps differ completely from one another, so no comparisons can be made and that has to be good for both of us

BKB
    [In the women's room, which Larry had to use, he puts his water bottle in his pants instead of the trash to avoid being recognized]

Producer's daughter: [enters] Hi mister. Thanks for fixing my doll.

[hugs him]

Larry: Aww, don't worry about it sweetheart.

Producer's daughter: [looks at him, scared, and runs out] Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.

Curb Your Enthusiam

Viking horde, my super early and high isn't a beta either mate. They are called Beta's incase anything drastic is wrong with them but i put a vast amount of work into them to ensure that problems are minimal and judging by the responses they are. The problems that have occured are due to people installing incorrectly.
    Sorry about that, I just had the impression that it was :sad:

The reason why the pre batlle shields don't work for my mod is due to the fact that i have different factions in each period, whereas your mod just has the same factions in each period.
    I didn't imply about your prebattle shields or any problems in your mod. I have not been reading your supermod topic for some time becouse of lack of time ( I sadly do not read much at all, got a new job last mounth). I have not played your mod either, so can't say anything about it.
    What I was saying is that my mod is not a cheap copy of your mod, but a good alternative to yours (don't know why he writes about your mod, off topic IMO). I know how much time you use on yours (a year or so) and I respect that a lot, like I respect wes and other modders. My mod has different factions setup and is made the way I think It should be made. Im danish and see history in another light, thereby giving the mod another focus.

I also strive for a high level in graphics also. There are certain problems in the game that prohibit from this being displaced( certain review panel pics). Problems go with every mod such as the med mod, hellenic mod and many others. I'm not insulting those mods in any way, all i'm saying is that problems will always rear there ugly head.
    Again, I was not refering to your mod. I know all moders use lots of time on there mods and I respect that. Most of my "know how" comes from pioneers of modding, like you and wes. Without guides, no modding for me.

At the moment i'm working on a map of Eastern Europe, the middle east, africa and northern india and that has kept my hands tied, but my super late will be out by late July, and apart from a few patches that will eventually follow, it will be finished.
    Sounds like you have your share of work cut out for you. I have seen the new topic you have made. Cool!

Our mod's are very different. Your's offers GA's and new music, while mine offers over 80 new units and new agents and my new map has been released. I know you are in the progress of yours and good luck with it, both maps differ completely from one another, so no comparisons can be made and that has to be good for both of us
    Jepp, our mods are different and it's good. That will not change with the 2.0 version comming out some time this sommer. The units will be different from yours with other stats ect. Good luck with you projects!

Sorry mate. All of that post was rude and uncalled for. Personal probs have left me in a pissed off mood. No insult towards you or your mod. Good luck with it. Again apologies
    [In the women's room, which Larry had to use, he puts his water bottle in his pants instead of the trash to avoid being recognized]

Producer's daughter: [enters] Hi mister. Thanks for fixing my doll.

[hugs him]

Larry: Aww, don't worry about it sweetheart.

Producer's daughter: [looks at him, scared, and runs out] Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.

Curb Your Enthusiam

Originally posted by BKB@Jun 16 2004, 12:56 PM
    Sorry mate. All of that post was rude and uncalled for. Personal probs have left me in a pissed off mood. No insult towards you or your mod. Good luck with it. Again apologies
    No offence taken. After reading my own post, I have found that some of my writing could be misunderstod.

*cheers*

I mean can you add +1 valor to ships in Genoa even though they have already
    a +1 valor for Genoese Archer.

a.
    Venice it was probably the biggest Salt trader in Medieval times can you add salt to that Province.

b.
    Tuscany Priovince is more famous for Wine then cloaths can you switch it?

*out of ideas*

Thanks....you are also very professional.

Originally posted by S.P.Q.R.@Jun 16 2004, 03:01 PM

I mean can you add +1 valor to ships in Genoa even though they have already
    a +1 valor for Genoese Archer.

a.
    Venice it was probably the biggest Salt trader in Medieval times can you add salt to that Province.

b.
    Tuscany Priovince is more famous for Wine then cloaths can you switch it?

*out of ideas*

Thanks....you are also very professional.
    Great info, thanks!

I will write it down on my list of changes for the next release

*cheers*

Sorry if you took what I said to imply that your mod is cheap, I've done some modding myself and know that theres no such thing as a cheap Mod. I just wanted to know if they were different enough to have both... which I now do, I downloaded it earlier today and it is certainly worth having. again, my apologizes if I offended you.

*gun* hmmmm sorry for my idiocy. but I cannot install it.

1. WHen I open Winzip the files are already there, then a copy and paste them in the Medieval Total War folder, so I have all those files outside there. Is this correct?

2.I've been asked if replace some files I choose yes all them.

Please Help!

Sorry if you took what I said to imply that your mod is cheap, I've done some modding myself and know that theres no such thing as a cheap Mod. I just wanted to know if they were different enough to have both... which I now do, I downloaded it earlier today and it is certainly worth having. again, my apologizes if I offended you.
    It's Ok, I proberly had a bad day or something

hmmmm sorry for my idiocy. but I cannot install it.

1. WHen I open Winzip the files are already there, then a copy and paste them in the Medieval Total War folder, so I have all those files outside there. Is this correct?

2.I've been asked if replace some files I choose yes all them.

Please Help!
    Is it a english version of the game you have and with VI?

Some of the files are in rar selfextracting files (.exe and lots of .rar) and needs to be unpacked. The main mod is in zip format and only needs to be unpacked with winzip, then copy and paste it to the main MTW folder. Please remember to install the update to, becouse it fixes a problem with units (makes a extra custom folder in textures folder). I hope this helps...

do i need the vi patch too?
    Bad Feeling Like Horse Cannon

Originally posted by Rupertel@Jun 17 2004, 10:49 AM
    do i need the vi patch too?
    Jepp, I think so but don't know for sure. It's proberly best to install it.

*cheers*

done, thx

AAAAAH the serbs' colour hurts my eyes
    Bad Feeling Like Horse Cannon

Originally posted by Rupertel@Jun 18 2004, 02:25 AM
    done, thx

AAAAAH the serbs' colour hurts my eyes
    lol, they do have a nice green colour

Ps: Viking, watch the double post
    Let mods mod. No need for civilian arrests here

Looks like a great mod Viking! I'll definately check it out. Thanks for sharing it with the whole forum.

Can you play as the Knights Templar? After all my favorite corperation of all time was quite formidable and very rich... certainly more than those wimpy Hospitalies (course malta is cool...)

NM
    Former Patron of: Sbsdude, Bgreman, Windblade, Scipii, Genghis Khan, Count of Montesano, Roman American, Praetorian Sejanus

My time here has ended. The time of the syntigmata has ended. Such is how these things are, and I accept it. In the several years I was a member of this forum, I fought for what I considered to be the most beneficial actions to enrich the forum. I regret none of my actions, and retain my personal honor and integrity.
    Fallen Triumvir

Originally posted by VikingHorde@Jun 17 2004, 07:41 AM

Yes I got them all, VI updated and in English.

still I don't understand how.
    I extracted all the files in the MTW folder and nothing happend :sad:

Originally posted by S.P.Q.R.+Jun 18 2004, 04:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (S.P.Q.R. &#064; Jun 18 2004, 04:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-VikingHorde@Jun 17 2004, 07:41 AM

Yes I got them all, VI updated and in English.

still I don&#39;t understand how.
    I extracted all the files in the MTW folder and nothing happend :sad: [/b][/quote]
    Try and check if there are a MTW folder inside the game folder, could be it.
    (Medieval - total war&#092;Medieval - Total war)

Can you play as the Knights Templar? After all my favorite corperation of all time was quite formidable and very rich... certainly more than those wimpy Hospitalies (course malta is cool...)
    There are no Knights Templar in this mod as a faction, only Teutonic Kights. I do however plan to make the crusaders a faction that can build Templars, Order footsoldiers and order footknights. The crusaders will still be a kingdom where the templars serve the king. Hospitalies will be an order faction like Teutonic Order.

*cheers*