Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Rebellion's Shipyard.

Default Re: The Rebellion's Shipyard.

Hi!

Thank you! that is the funniest post I have ever seen

It makes me fee like

Today I will test some changes ralated to moral, and receive feedback from the Continents in Conflict:1809 team. I will ask them to see if you can test it too as you are so interested in these changes.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

That will be the greatest mod ever.

Hi!

As I my last post said we, in CiC: 1809, have been experimenting with ships in battle. Results are:

We have had success in changing ship speed , turning speed, moral, hull strength, hull damage appearance.

We are now testing to place the best values in turning speed as the other values modifications seem to be satisfactory.

If anyone is interested in testing please send me a private message or post here and I will get in contact. We are satisfied with changes but it would be nice to count with other people opinion.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; January 04, 2010 at 12:50 AM.

intrepid's Avatar Civis
    where I live? I don´t really live, I dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    Hi!

As I my last post said we, in CiC: 1809, have been experimenting with ships in battle. Results are:

We have had success in changing ship speed , turning speed, moral, hull strength, hull damage appearance.

Can you post an image of this change? I´m quite interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
    Can you post an image of this change? I´m quite interested in.
    Bethencourt, you should show him the "cheese block" effect you described to me
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Hi!

What we have changed is to reduce the damage that ships shows by shot so hull integrity last more. we have not changed the visual effect we have made the hull last more so it does not get the cheese effect untill it has really received a lot of shots. What you will see if you want to test it is that initial visual damage designed by Ca, which is good, last more. So there is no new damage effect, we have retarded its evolution not to have that ugly cheese aspect from the beggining of the battle. Really it has to be a very hard battle to see that generalized cheese effect in the hull of the ship.

intrepid's Avatar Civis

But, isn´t it going to make battles too long?

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    Hi!

What we have changed is to reduce the damage that ships shows by shot so hull integrity last more. we have not changed the visual effect we have made the hull last more so it does not get the cheese effect untill it has really received a lot of shots. What you will see if you want to test it is that initial visual damage designed by Ca, which is good, last more. So there is no new damage effect, we have retarded its evolution not to have that ugly cheese aspect from the beggining of the battle. Really it has to be a very hard battle to see that generalized cheese effect in the hull of the ship.
    I think a simplified version of that would be: Hes edited the way damage shows on a hull. The hull doesnt look like a block of cheese after its taken a few shots anymore
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Hi!

Intrepid. The thing here is that there are different stats for hull strength and hull integrity appearance, they are independent, so you could increase the value of one and reduce the value of the other. It is so that you could see your ships sinking in five minutes with the hull brown new. Obviously this is just an example and not what we have done. About the length of the battles, what do you consider an adecuate length? Thank you for your interest. Here in this post you see the screenshots of vanilla damage appearance.

Hi!

Here are the screenshots of the test version. As you can see almost in the same time damage looks more realistic, despite the hull damage is the same.

intrepid's Avatar Civis

Thanks for the fast replies and explanations. I hope this discover will be integrated in future versions of your mod, which I can´t test due to my poor laptop (desktop at home).

Just another thing, next time don´t show us a swedish ship taking damage. It would more beautiful to see a british one. Thanks again.

The damages are exact how they should look like. I can't imagine more realistic. The cheese effect in reality happened so rare that it shouldn't even be in game.

Senator

This is very nice mod btw, but it would be better if there is such ships like on the picture
    Good luck, waiting update . +rep

Hi!

Dracula and Ciisar. Thank you for your posts. . I have spread the changes to all the ships and I am testing and balancing yet, I hope this changes are out next week if not sooner.

Senator

Ok, Waiting this ! Let me know when you are ready.

I need a XB2 mod combined with the last A13b . I am also very happy with the changes of the main folder that allows you to controll the protectorates from the very beginning. It is cool if you start playing as an Empire, not a young nation with nothing. In this connection I wonder could it be scripted that the major nations, Spain, GB etc start with treasure fleets - 20-30 ships sailing in one group but not raiding ports /guess 20 due to the game limit/ ? I mean for ex. 20 war galleons on course to Cadis which don't stop to fight your 2 brigs and something but are just there if you want to raid them /and if you can find them en route/ ? Same for Britain 20 light galleons in the early age etc ?

Hi!

Dracula. About versions XB2 with new values that is for sure to be done. And as I know you have got some preferences to A13b rather than A14b test version, which only are slightly different in turning speed, I will prepare a special version based on A13b turning speed for you. About Galleons fleets, I know, at least I think so, how to change AI general preferences when it manages its fleets but I do not know how to make it have direct orders that are not changed in next turn. Because AI takes decisions depending in how the empire world evolves and a fleet of galleons with initial order to sail to Cadiz may change next turn to fight against a pirates fleet that has got near, for example.

Thanks for your feedback again. I will send you a private message soon about your test answers and problably a full version to test.

See you soon.

Senator

When you are ready, I waiting this new mod ?!

Hi!

Ciisar. you really are the most demanding customer of the Shipyard. Today I have prepared the new 24 versions with the R concept which includes reduced speed, reduced turning speed, stronger hull, more realistic visual damage, moral adaptation to those changes. Tomorrow I will add the changes in hull strength, visual damage and moral to the original versions, so there will be 48 versions. Sooo, if not tomorrow the day after tomorrow I will post them all together in first post. This has been a very hard work as more than 2500 stats were balanced and changed, so some things may be adjusted in future. Once I release them I will make a slight change in main folder, and then I will have a rest in modding for some weeks, (I also want to play my mod ). Well thank you for your interest, I hope that new versions are what you expect, if not post your feedback too.

Senator

But what about ship colors around the guns and you know? You made or you try to make these ship looking like these are? If you can do like these are then this modification is awsome! I like your modification so much. And I hope you can do ships more good looking and more realistic, ship stats are awsome, maybe they are too expensive,
    but this is quite realistic. If you release new mod then i just delete old one and replace there new and then i can play it with my old savegame or i need to
    start my campaign from beggining?
    Here they are!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Ciisar; January 13, 2010 at 08:55 PM.