Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: The Rebellion's Shipyard.

Default Re: The Rebellion's Shipyard.

Hi

I've been looking for a smallish mod that nerfs the Marathas (aka "the Orange Menace of the East") in the vanilla campaign. I was sick and tired of seeing them overwhelm the Mughals and then start invading Canada, the Caribbean, and Europe. So I tried out your Main folder Mod 1.6.4.b.

It certainly did a job on the Marathas. It's 1770 in my French campaign on Hard. The Marathas have not expanded at all. They briefly went to war with the Mughals early in the game to break their protectorate status, but quickly made peace and have remained so since. I've been very pleased by the nerfing of the Marathas. (Although early in the game they did load up an army onto a fleet and sent it to the coast of Newfoundland- a definite sign of an oncoming declaration of war. Thankfully, I had taken the precaution of giving the Marathas infinite military access to my lands which is a cheesy, but effective exploit to keep an AI nation permanently at peace. So that Maratha fleet with its armiy has been sitting off the Newfoundland coast for decades.)

The Poles surged early in the game at the expense of Prussia, but then got beatdown badly by the Austrians who eliminated them in the 1760's.

I noticed that your mod zaps the starting right of access agreement between France and Spain. Since the Spanish couldn't move across France, they lost Flanders to the UP pretty early in the game. Of course, as France I benefitted because it allowed me to quickly take Flanders away from the UP. Still Spain should not be hamstrung in its ability to defend Flanders.

Did you make any other changes to the startpos? The removal of the right of access agreement between Spain and France was not mentioned in your notes, but it's clear that your mod did it. So I'm curious if you made any other changes because I saw a bunch of stuff that I've never seen the CAI do before.

1) A powerful Austria. Still controls almost all of its starting territories plus most of Poland and some Ottoman lands.

2) A powerful and expansionist Russia. The Russians have practically eliminated the Ottomans: control Constantinople, the Caucausus regions, and Eygpt.

3) Prussia wants an American empire? Early in the game, Prussia declared war on France despite not sharing borders and started shipping armies over to Canada and the Carribean (they briefly took Newfoundland and French Guyana from me.) This explains why they had such problems with Poland because they were wasting resources on a navy and fruitless invasions on the other side of the world.

4) A passive Great Britain. Since the 1.4 patch, vanilla Great Britain has been very expansionist and aggressive in the Americas. They would heavily reinforce their colonies there with troops recruited in the British Isles and simply overwhelm New France and the hostile AmerIndian nations. However, with your mod the British never sent a single reinforcing army to North America and, in fact, have been completely ineffective in launching any amphibious movements. They've recruited a ton of ships, but rarely move them away from the British waters. I'm currently overruning the British colonies with distressing ease. I've been very disappointed in Great Britain in my current campaign in comparison to how they behaved in my previous vanilla campaigns.

So did you make any other adjustments to than your claimed tweaks to the Marathas and Poland-Lithuania? Are my observations of Austria, Russia, Prussia, and Great Britain just a result of random ETW campaign mechanics or did you tweak them?

Hi!

Mkeogh. Thank you for your extense feedback on the main folder 1.6.4.b . I have been checking vanilla main folder, aslo main 1.6.4. b and main 1.6.4 a. About Spanish-French starting diplomatic relations, what I have seen is that I did not changed vanilla values, so in vanilla and the mod versions the two countries do not start with military access agreement. What I have seen in my campaigns is that normally Spain is attacked by Savoy, then is when activating French defensive alliance it makes automatic infinite military access. In some ocassions when Savoy has not attacked first, and time passes until Austria declares war on France, then if the defensive alliance is activated then again an infinite military access is agreed.

Please can you try to start a new Spanish or French campaign with vanilla main folder to see the starting diplomatic situation and check if what I have seen is the same that you have in vanilla?

About other countries behaviour:

Central Europe. This tends to be very different for every campaign, so in some campaigns Prussia rules as you can see in the first post screenshot, in other Austria or Poland Lithuania. In most of my campaign Austria tends to be the weackest faction but I am glad to see that you have experienced the contrary effects.

Great Britain. (and also France). I do not know Spain AI as I almost always play as Spain. In my campaigns GB tends to be the more active AI faction in America with big armies getting rid of French colonies and native factions so me as Spain have had to act to stop the GB imperialism, aiding France and fighting incoming British armies in Florida. I can remember twice that I had to prepare a new army in Cuba to remove the British invaders from Hipaniola that once came from GB and in the other ocassion were delivered from Jamaica in a fleet that had come from GB.

About AI fleet behavoiur, what I have seen is that France and GB start with a powerful investment in fleets but once the war among them beggins and first great battles happen, the loosser AI faction tends to get a deffensive strategy, even when then build ships enough to try a new offensive and even if war is over they keep the fleets defending the ports and the mainland from naval invasion through the ports. In some ocassions the AI changes its mind or I force the change of strategy by sending a small fleet, a sloop, so the AI decides to send the bigger fleet to beat me without knowing that behind that sloop there it is my big fleet so next turn a beautiful big battle is fought. I also remember a camaign when I had blocked all Bristish ports, the strategy worked very well for many turns but GB managed to build a strong fleet in America and then sent it to Europe and broke the blocade.

France due to normal GB naval superiority tends to build lots of big land armies in europe and forget about naval and its american colonies. That at the end is a very historical result but can be not too much challenging. I remember once that I aided France in naval campaign in its war against GB and the French AI build up again a decent fleet.

As conclusion campaigns may differ much in AI behaviour, so some can be somehow boring and others can be amazing, when an AI is getting boring sometimes you can use some tactics or strategies to make it work better.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post

About AI fleet behavoiur, what I have seen is that France and GB start with a powerful investment in fleets but once the war among them beggins and first great battles happen, the loosser AI faction tends to get a deffensive strategy, even when then build ships enough to try a new offensive and even if war is over they keep the fleets defending the ports and the mainland from naval invasion through the ports. In some ocassions the AI changes its mind or I force the change of strategy by sending a small fleet, a sloop, so the AI decides to send the bigger fleet to beat me without knowing that behind that sloop there it is my big fleet so next turn a beautiful big battle is fought. I also remember a camaign when I had blocked all Bristish ports, the strategy worked very well for many turns but GB managed to build a strong fleet in America and then sent it to Europe and broke the blocade.

France due to normal GB naval superiority tends to build lots of big land armies in europe and forget about naval and its american colonies. That at the end is a very historical result but can be not too much challenging. I remember once that I aided France in naval campaign in its war against GB and the French AI build up again a decent fleet.

As conclusion campaigns may differ much in AI behaviour, so some can be somehow boring and others can be amazing, when an AI is getting boring sometimes you can use some tactics or strategies to make it work better.
    That is absolutely astonishing ! I have never witnessed /playing Spain too/ that a single ship be launched in America by GB. Partly because most of amer provinces don't have ports, but still. You must be very lucky. An american fleet sent in help to europe ?! In my game France defeated GB and sent 2-3 ships which just occupy their ports in England and the AI can never lift it. Once defeated, even if an army drives the french out of the port, the single ship launched after that by the british is always captured by the 2-3 french ships nearby. It is practically unable to win. It is actually why I started to think this game is "unsaveable" . BTW I am playing AUM DM with Rebellion plus its main folder.

I never saw Prussia go in America, but Italy once landed 13 units on a large fleet that I couldn't sink before its arrival on Jamaica.
    Last edited by Dracula; April 17, 2010 at 11:53 PM.

Hi!

Dracula.. The american provinces normally build ports in long term so by 1750 they are building ships in my A normal cost and upkeep versions. When the situation in game is stabilized I send several sloops to see the other faction movements. This week I saw a Portuguese fleet in Caribean sea very early in the game doing? and I oftenly see GB fleets crossing the ocean. Another thing is that they do something practical, if we are in war I tend to get rid of them. By the way this week I launched Imperial Fleet for Napoleon Total War if you want to play with it.

By the way this week I launched Imperial Fleet for Napoleon Total War if you want to play with it.
    ?! Really ? And you didn't PM me ?! I've been waiting for this months now Rebellion for NTW, right ? Where ? I've been away from TW center playing MSTS /this:/

I am a screenshot maniac, sorry
    Last edited by Dracula; April 18, 2010 at 08:45 AM.

Hi!
    Dracula.. TNT train?! what or who are you going to blow up? I hope it is not me. This is The Rebellion's Shipyard (N) link where you can download the compatible version of Imperial Fleet :http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=349857

Hi!
    Dracula.. TNT train?! what or who are you going to blow up? I hope it is not me. This is The Rebellion's Shipyard (N) link where you can download the compatible version of Imperial Fleet :http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=349857
    I didn't say "blow up" anywhere in my post ?! Is that a request ? That was Microsoft Train Simulator /MSTS/ modded route-Gesause in Austria. Downloading Imperial Fleet right away. It's the reason why I stopped my NTW campaign because of lack of suitable mods to correct it, now I can resume.

Update April, 19th , 2010.

- Rebellion Drac Universal V2, which has been prepared by Dracula, now revised for it not to afect the land changes made in other mods. It is universal version because it is thought to be playable with vanilla and any other mod that do not have new ships adding the battle mechanics that has been created here in The Rebellion’s Shipyard. Dracula has done some slight changes in some stats so, for example, galleons have the same turning speed as the third rates instead of the first rate that have in standard Rebel Fleet mod. To be able to play in balanced way with mods that have added new ships a special version should be created.
    Download it from attached files.

Hi!

I highly recommend that if you have downloaded the lastest versions of this mods or you want to do so, that you also download the AUMRS versions as they add the AUM mod great work in a balanced way.

AUMRS. AUM The Rebellion’s Shipyard adapted versions.

These are AUM mod for vanilla adapted versions to play with The Rebellion’s Shipyard versions. So changes are related to campaign for all units and for ship battles. There are 12 AUMRS versions that are the next ones to play combined with the TRS versions. Follow the guide to combine the versions. Once selected place them in data folder as it is said in the versions 1.6.3. word document.

There are also two languages adapted packs, patch_aumrs_en_loc for English and patch_aumrs_sp_loc for Spanish. To install them you should place it in the data folder. This AUM languages adapted packs are compatible with vanilla and The Rebellion’s Shipyard languages pack so you do not need to remove them from data folder.

Of course credits for the great and awarded work in AUM mod goes for Swiss Halberdier and his team. So here you have got the link to AUM thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=250655, please visit the credit section to see how many good modders have contributed to AUM mod and have made me able to make these AUMRS versions.

AUMRS DOWNLOADS

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Any chance to get this models into Napoleon Total War?

Hi!

Yuri_ii. I am not sure what exactly you mean. Can you explain what part of the moded things you want in NTW?. And thank you for posting here , it was really a surprise to see this thread answered afters such long time. I even doubt if you have mistaken the thread.

Yeah, maybe I have mistaken the thread... however, I've never seen these ships in NTW (the two on the left side). They look so "pirate"-like and I would like to see them in NTW aswell.

Correct me if I have understood something wrong.

I also wanted to ask you if you can explain how to make a better hull? That it can resist more shots.

Ah, ok. It could be the trains models. I have never tried to move a ship model from ETW to NTW. Even I am not sure if it is legal and I do not know if it would work. Anyway those models are ships of XVII century, and would not match too well in the napoleonic period.

About making ships in general last more, you could reduce the damage of projectiles, in projectiles tables using db editor or PackFileManager, which is an easier way of doing it. But if you want to make differences betwen ships, so some of them last more than others, you have to change hull stats in the unit naval stats table using db editor or PackFileManager. The stats are explained here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=329169 in Battle stats, hull strength.

I hope it helps.

I know it's been a long time but can anyone tell me if I can still download Main folder 1.6.4. a. Is there still a live link?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/sau9j....a_bis.7z/file

Hi!
    There you have it. I hope it works fine.

Hi Bethencourt. I really want to play this but I have a couple of questions. (1) You say there are 48 versions. Where do I find them? (2) Where do I find download links for the TRS versions? (3) You say to combine compatible TRS with compatible AUMRS but how do I do this? (4) I have Windows 10 does this create any difficulties? And finally (5) Is AUM_EMP_3.7 - Vanilla version game compatible?

Sorry about all these questions but I really do want to play what looks like a fantastic naval mod.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112