Thread: State titles and whatnot

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default State titles and whatnot

In the time I've spent away from this mod, I got to thinking, do the state titles die with the bearer, or are they tied to particular settlements (For example, if a position becomes vacant can I just send a general to a particular city, for example, Alexandria for the Comes Aegyptus, to get the title).
    If they do die, how can I keep the titles safe? there's like 35 of them and I don't want to keep looking for the bearers to ensure they aren't being attacked or anything.
    Thanks.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: State titles and whatnot

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    In the time I've spent away from this mod, I got to thinking, do the state titles die with the bearer, or are they tied to particular settlements (For example, if a position becomes vacant can I just send a general to a particular city, for example, Alexandria for the Comes Aegyptus, to get the title).
    If they do die, how can I keep the titles safe? there's like 35 of them and I don't want to keep looking for the bearers to ensure they aren't being attacked or anything.
    Thanks.
    When a character dies, any titles that he may have had die with him, BUT, another character may receive this title if he satisfies the right conditions ala, command, influence etc.

In fact I'm finalising ALL roman administrative and military titles so that they are linked to their local provinces. So a character can only gain the title of Come Gallia if, 1) cetain Gallic cities are in roman hands and 2) the character resides in that particular city. This is to prevent a character who is in Antioch gaining the title of Dux Britainnae.

Of course you can exchange titles between characters but the characters have to be in the same city.

Hope this clarifies things

There is one error I have to report, I had a character receive the Dux Brittanicum ancillary in a city in the east, I think Antioch...

Yeah, me to. At the beggining of AD 365 campaign.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonius View Post
    Yeah, me to. At the beggining of AD 365 campaign.
    And that is why I am redoing the roman administrative and military titles so that they a re province specific. They will be available in a future patch sometime soon.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Ok then.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Anyway, it's not a big deal, especially if it gives you some good traits.
    Optio, Legio I Latina