Thread: Trade Income 0 (Zero)

Icon8 Trade Income 0 (Zero)

My trade income, from being huge, is now 0. Nothing. Zip. Nada.

I've lost half my wealth. For no reason.

I'm in the late game, playing as Britain. Huge empire. All trading spots around the world owned with full stacks of indiamen.

Now, suddenly, no trade income. No pirates or raids on any ports anywhere. No reason at all.

Trade income zero.

Of course, that bankrupted me in one turn flat. One turn.

Now my armies are half strength because I never have any money. All my regions are being captured because I have no full strength units. I can't disband enough of them to ever get positive income.

Trade income...it's all gone. It's vanished. Vamoosed. Disappeared.

What....the...fudge?!

Why has this happened, and what can i do about it?

Default Re: Trade Income 0 (Zero)

Either you or your trade parter has a port that is being occupied.

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

1 Port?
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

All it takes is the nation capital's port to be occupied.

drake546's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Corinthian View Post
    My trade income, from being huge, is now 0. Nothing. Zip. Nada.

I've lost half my wealth. For no reason.

I'm in the late game, playing as Britain. Huge empire. All trading spots around the world owned with full stacks of indiamen.

Now, suddenly, no trade income. No pirates or raids on any ports anywhere. No reason at all.

Trade income zero.

Of course, that bankrupted me in one turn flat. One turn.

Now my armies are half strength because I never have any money. All my regions are being captured because I have no full strength units. I can't disband enough of them to ever get positive income.

Trade income...it's all gone. It's vanished. Vamoosed. Disappeared.

What....the...fudge?!

Why has this happened, and what can i do about it?
    Open up the main info screen, the big button. Click on trade. If your trade partners are in red, they're blockaded and cannot accept trade to their main ports. Go to war with whoever is blockaded them, try and draw their ships out, and destroy them.

Alternativly, get some other trading partners. The more the better.

At this stage, if you occupy all of the trade nodes (that is how I'm interpreting your posts), you should by this stage be steamrolling the rest of the world, and not have to worry about one or two trade ports being blockaded.

But that's just me.

I would concur with drake546. Identify the trade lanes that are being disrupted, and secure them yourself.

Foederatus

I had exactly this issue after using a mod, but I don't remember wich one. Try disabling all mods and resume your game, go for 1-2 turns - or maybe even try loading an older savegame. Worked for me.

Thanks for the advice, Drake.

The Netherlands are my ally and only trading partner. A sneaky bunch of Poles have occupied their capital city's port.

Right.

The Poles have a fleet IN the Dutch port. Sitting in it. The Dutch could easily evict them by sending a single guy to the port. But, of course, they never do. They just let them sit there.

So I sent a fleet to kill the Polish fleet. But I can't attack the Polish fleet because it is IN the Dutch port. Actually in it.

Ok, so I sent an army to move into the port and evict the Polish fleet so I could sink it. But even though the Dutch are my allies, I cannot send my troops into their port.

So the situation is that there is an enemy fleet sitting in my trading partner's port, which I cannot attack and cannot eject and my ally won't bother to get rid of.

Thank you CA, another wonderful gameplay feature.

What can I do to kill this ridiculous Polish fleet sitting in the Netherlands and destroying all my trade?

Check your ministers, sometimes your get a minister who's a complete Imbecile and can't work out how to do his job.

drake546's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Corinthian View Post
    Thanks for the advice, Drake.

The Netherlands are my ally and only trading partner. A sneaky bunch of Poles have occupied their capital city's port.

Right.

The Poles have a fleet IN the Dutch port. Sitting in it. The Dutch could easily evict them by sending a single guy to the port. But, of course, they never do. They just let them sit there.

So I sent a fleet to kill the Polish fleet. But I can't attack the Polish fleet because it is IN the Dutch port. Actually in it.

Ok, so I sent an army to move into the port and evict the Polish fleet so I could sink it. But even though the Dutch are my allies, I cannot send my troops into their port.

So the situation is that there is an enemy fleet sitting in my trading partner's port, which I cannot attack and cannot eject and my ally won't bother to get rid of.

Thank you CA, another wonderful gameplay feature.

What can I do to kill this ridiculous Polish fleet sitting in the Netherlands and destroying all my trade?
    To fix this situation: Abandon all defense of London's port. Make sure you're at war with Poland. I've found the AI will usually prefer to mess with me than with another AI, so he'll probably attack your port. Blockade him into your port with ships, and move troops to retake the port, forcing a battle.

Now, just place a fleet just off from their harbor, and you should be able to intercept anyone heading to blockade it.

if they won't come out to fight, you can't force them. If necessary, reduce the size of your fleet in the area to encourage them to come out to play.