Thread: Spartan: Total War Preview

Mithras's Avatar Missing in action

Default Spartan: Total War Preview

IGN has put up a single page preview for Creative Assembly's upcoming console game Spartan: Total War. Here is a bit from the preview:

Players will assume the role of "The Spartan," a hero in the Spartan army who must defend his city from legions of Roman invaders. And by legions, it should be understood that you, the player, will need to butcher thousands of soldiers in real-time before game's end. Every swing, thrust and parry will be entirely up to you
    They have also got a couple videos of the game in action, head on over to take a look.
    "You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake."

Ex-Ogresnet Administrator & Server Manager.
    Private in the Canadian Armed Forces

Wow, the game is shaping up very nicely. Battles look very good. IMO I think the player was moving way too fast and was too strong, running around killing enemies with one hit. Hopefully this is just for demonstration because it looks like the player will be doing all the killing while allies and enemies are just fodder. Would be nice to feel like just a normal soldier taking part in a massive battle instead of a godlike warrior killing everyone by himself. Sound FX needs a lot of work too.

In one of the videos they said that the closest thing to a action game with massive battles on a console was "Dynasty Warriors", which I think doesn't have any real battles in it. They should of said "Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders" which has great battles with massive amounts of soldiers. Too bad it's only for the Xbox though.

I wish some company would make a action game with massive battles for the PC...

Default Isn't it Total War(rior)

Not to be nitpicky, but isn't Spartan the first title in the Total Warrior lineup?

Indefinitely Banned

Ugh, another game where one "hero" kills 50 Million "bad guys" - I'll pass.

I think its great. The bad think for me its because I have no any consoles
    I am not sure to buy a playstation 2 because in 6 months playstation 3 will come out. Or X-BOX the same.
    New pics on 24/4/2007

Quote Originally Posted by bestantreas
    I am not sure to buy a playstation 2 because in 6 months playstation 3 will come out. Or X-BOX the same.
    wait until ps3 comes out belive me!

Quote Originally Posted by bestantreas
    6 months? Try 2 years. I heard it was pushed back until 2007. The Xbox 360 is coming out either this year, or early next. Probably this year, Microsoft has to release before X-mas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylver
    6 months? Try 2 years. I heard it was pushed back until 2007. The Xbox 360 is coming out either this year, or early next. Probably this year, Microsoft has to release before X-mas.
    What!!! noooooooooo........ why? why?

finally, CA are doing sometihng for us console lovers. IF it can match dynasty warriors in any way, it'll be awesome. Killing exactly 1103 on Chi Bi on very hard in DW3 was one of my favorite achievments - If only the series would change a bit... Still, Spartan loks amazing, definetly gonna get it