Thread: Cavalry charge

Default Cavalry charge

Shouldnt cavalry charges be more effective when it charges into the rear side of a hoplite unit?

i mean i was playing with Persia,n i was holding a hoplite unit with my Immortals ''arstibara'' so i took my cavalry around the busy hoplites and charged them from the back and hoplites didnt eveb break formation or rout even not taking heavey casualties,instead my cavalry unit was the ones who took heavey casualties ,isnt that abit unbalanced? ''Correct me if im wrong''

Default Re: Cavalry charge

Which cavalry did you charge with? Historically, ancient cavalry would never charge infantry formations and without a spear it wouldn't be that devastating in the charge.

(I'm assuming you charged with asabari because my game experience has the higher levels of cavalry doing a noticeable amount of damage)

persianfan247's Avatar Senator

yeah but he charged in behind while they were ingaged. thats when they are ment to be vulnerable, spearmen or not.

I understand that. What I'm saying is that you won't get the same effect with axes as you will with spears.

If it was a spear charge then we'll have to look into it but I've not experienced this problem before. Its pretty easily solvable though if needs be.

persianfan247's Avatar Senator

Oh sorry, thought you meant something else.

the cavalry i charged with had spears...

hmm, not what I would have expected. Was it the family member bodyguards or the anusyia asabari? Not that it matters too much but what type of hoplites were they?

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Same prob a lot of mods..regardless of cav type. There is a Spear prob during charge when the spears are not lowered and the cav just slam into infantry and get trashed. I was told charge has to be 1 higher than secondary weapon charge or not work???? I changed it in TE Gold and seems to work better. Also Cav vs Inf depends on 'difficulty' setting...using VH is way dangerous even if you attack from behind as the infantry do a balerina spin kick with their spears all in the blink of an eye even if facing away at the time of charge-that is they recover quick to face you! Check you cav charges in custom battles and use 'pause' before the impact to see if spears are lowered or not????

i tried with both ,the body gaurd and the anusya asabari,the hoplites were spartans ,but no matter what the hoplites were,they should break formation if they had such a charge from the rear while busy from the front

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrus View Post
    i tried with both ,the body gaurd and the anusya asabari,the hoplites were spartans ,but no matter what the hoplites were,they should break formation if they had such a charge from the rear while busy from the front
    I think I know the anser!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

:sparta::sparta::sparta::sparta:
    THIS IS SPARTA!