Thread: Difficult enemies/calvary

discet's Avatar Tiro
    If your a cop Im in micronesia if your not you dont need to know

Default Difficult enemies/calvary

this mod is difficult for many reasons, but by far the resistant of enemie troops is rediculous. I had 2 spear war band and a swordsmen unit (as gaul) against one spear warband unit. they surrounded them on three sides and then I had my calvary hit them from behind, AND NOTHING. Even experianced templars would have run after that Also it seems like calvary are EXTREEEEEEMLY slow. I mean I know in vinilla it was inaccurately fast but comparred to their slowness in this it makes it feel even more inaccurate.

Is there ways to fix this

BTW love the map even with the odd lack of factions

~Discet~
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon. ~Napoleon

A great war leaves the country with three armies - an army of cripples, an army of mourners, and an army of thieves. ~German Proverb

Everyone's a pacifist between wars. It's like being a vegetarian between meals. ~Colman McCarthy

Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them. ~Pacifist Badge, 1978

Default Re: Difficult enemies/calvary

It takes a while to get used to Extended Cultures' battle system. One thing I would recommend is reducing the difficulty by one level from how you played vanilla. So if you played on h/h (hard campaign/hard battles), you might want to try h/m or m/m.

Zarax will probably chime in about the battle system, but we are (well, he is) in the process of reworking it, so it isn't completely balanced yet. As for unit speed, there is an option to return the values to vanilla levels when you install.

BTW, welcome to Extended Cultures, discet. I hope you enjoy your time here. And please, feel free to ask anything.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Default Re: Difficult enemies/calvary

Reduced lethality might have an effect on cavalry charges, I'll see if I can find a way to improve the situation without creating unbalances.
    The Best Is Yet To Come: