Thread: Attention Everybody! Stop pestering the developers

Default Attention Everybody! Stop pestering the developers

So as you know there are requests for every city imaginable, please stop trying to coerce the developers into preferring your city idea and requesting every city on the face of this earth, if you really really want a city to be included use the battle editor to make it yourself. As you will all understand that there are only a few developers working on this project and they can't magic cities out of thin air. So please please stop.

ps. This is a pre-emptive message since once people start requesting more and more settlements this forum will be swamped with those aforementioned requests
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity." -Anonymous

Meister Röhrich's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Attention Everybody! Stop pestering the developers

Seconded, it would help much more if you would use your passion to create them by yourself, especially as it isn't that hard!
    Last edited by Meister Röhrich; September 21, 2009 at 05:41 PM.

don't worry, i will be making some by myself. However i just post them in the research area not to loose them. You don't have to make every settlement i post down, nor every recomendation for they are your work. i am sorry if you thought that for it wasn't my intention.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Personally, I'm not annoyed in the least by your posts, Spainish_Emperor. On the contrary, I find your research very useful. I think what Sutman is talking about is the "Plz m4k3 Unimportant City X" requests that might start appearing soon.

yup, that's what i meant, like it says pre emptive it's not meant to insult or discourage anyone but just a warning since i'm sure these messages will pop up sometimes
    and as i said once before my pc at the moment is absolute crap, i'm working with an old celeron laptop on which rome total war doesn't even work, that's the problem with moving abroad to study no money to buy fancy new laptops, otherwise i'd love to make a couple of settlements, so since making one is not really an option for me i'm trying to contribute as much as i can

@ Spanish Emperor the comment wasn't meant at you but all mods have these people who come and say do this do that even though no one cares if "City X" is generic
    Last edited by Sutman; September 22, 2009 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spanish_emperor View Post
    don't worry, i will be making some by myself. However i just post them in the research area not to loose them. You don't have to make every settlement i post down, nor every recomendation for they are your work. i am sorry if you thought that for it wasn't my intention.
    Do you mean you also want to create some settlements or do you speak of maps only?

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Was my post that anoying?
    Miss me yet?

Not to my knowledge, pre emptive strike as stated above

Quote Originally Posted by IPA35 View Post
    Was my post that anoying?
    When you suggest a huge city that is on the list and you would really like to see in-game and you have good material to help us creating it, especially maps, we have nothing against it, what is really annoying are people who come up all the time with any settlement which they think is important, but is may not even planned to be implemented in Dots!

If this is your list, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...76#post5978676, the city I suggested (Thessaloniki) fits the second group (during the 12th century it became part of the huge city group).

If this is not 'the list' then I am very sorry...
    Miss me yet?

Quote Originally Posted by IPA35 View Post
    If this is your list, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...76#post5978676, the city I suggested (Thessaloniki) fits the second group (during the 12th century it became part of the huge city group).

If this is not 'the list' then I am very sorry...
    Yeah, you're right, I forgot to point it out, thanks for that! So I guess Thessaloniki is quite at the bottom of our list right now but when we have finished all the huge ones I'll create it.

Thank you very much indeed, but I hope you guys take the time you need...
    It is better to make a few good, detailed cities then alot of hasty ones!
    Miss me yet?