Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your petty kingdom

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Default Re: Show your petty kingdom

XC4 Alpha with the new economy settings.
    Believe it or not all factions are still alive, I turtled in the first turns and proceeded with a slow but steady expansion after.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

It's 234 now and the only one faction (the poor seleucids) died, two years ago.
    As you can see I'm not swimming in money despite having all of gauls very well developed and only two armies plus some extra garrisons on the eastern front.

On the other side, AI seems well able to field armies of the same quality as mine, just in reasonable numbers now.

The Best Is Yet To Come:

Wow, that's a halfway decent Iberian stack. Well-balanced,
    and everything. Almost never see that in any mod, let alone
    Vanilla.

Not a bad Gallic kingdom/nation you've got there, either.

BTW, what are the new economy settings you mentioned?
    Does it have to do with your old "slow mod?"
    Because that would be awesome.

Yes, the new economy settings are basically a much improved and structured version of my slowmod, which coupled with the new unit balance helps in providing a much better experience imho.
    In the next beta it will shine even more when coupled with Suppanut's ET3.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Here is my burgeoning Roman Republic.

I just recently moved into Illyria. Although it was controlled by Thrace, I had too good an opportunity to pass up. I took control of Italy except Patavium fairly early, but I waited until later to fight the large Celtic stack there. I've been at war with Carthage for about 25 years now. I just recently took Carthage from the Senate and am about to move into other Carthaginian holdings.

I currently have one army in Carthage with a division on Palma, one in Massalia, and my third in Aemona. I'm currently trying to standardize my armies to a degree, but it is difficult when I have enemies on two sides.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

@CV - How did you manage to subdue Palma? It's going to rebel for second time in my roman campaign, before i manage to build the colony. I have diplomats and full stack but nothing helps.

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

Did I say I subdued Palma?
    In that image, I had just conquered (and exterminated) it. It rebelled a few turns later, upon which I reconquered and re-exterminated it. Now it's beginning to come under control.

There was a Carthaginian colony there (and in Sardinia), which meant the culture was at 100% Eastern, but when I took control, the culture was set to Barbarian, causing 100% unrest for a while. Now it's down to about 70%.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Here is the status of my GCS campaign. I secured Greece and Macedonia relatively easy. Macs gave a fight in the beginning, but then remained pretty passive (one of Mac’s stacks took Sardica and then stayed there until I came some turns later to finish it). So, I left Mac’s alone and moved against indi-GCS and then turned against Mac’s again.

Then I raised a stack of infantry and sent it to Italy, to conquer the Greek cities in South Italy and then move to Sicily. But expedition was a disaster: I failed to ship cavalry in time, and my infantry-only stack was destroyed. That was a very intense battle, but in the absence of a hammer … I seized the hostilities in Italy, but managed to keep Croton (as a base for future operations). Surprisingly enough, Romans lost interest in further confrontation.

In the mean time I took Rhodes and Halicarnassus, and then continued with conquest in Anatolia, fighting mostly Pontus. Thracians gave me some troubles around Sardica and in Macedonia.

I’ve just sent another stack to South Italy to push Romans a bit and then march to Sicily. And, I think I'll keep it quiet in Anatolia for a while to build up a bit and prepare for a blitz to Silicia.

Last edited by Stilgar CG; November 12, 2009 at 09:12 AM.

TM Is Back's Avatar Campidoctor

Carthage H/H
    Senate: Off
    Alex.exe
    Normal Movement
    Land Bridges On
    Reduce AI Bonuses: Off
    Loyalty On

Version 4.

I started this campaign with a plan: Unite Afrcia while holding Lilybaeum on Sicily and my two Iberian cities Gadir and Carthago Nova in Iberia with the soldiers I have there at the start of the campaign.

Therefore I needed to keep my Alliance with The Independent Greek City States. However, the Indie Greeks hate Carthaginians and will attack me at any possible time even though an alliance with Carthage would give them some respite in their own Great War against Rome.

Very well, I started in the assumption that if Rome conquered Tarentum and the Roman Rebels, the Indie Greeks would not betray on me. I therefore created a small stack in Africa and conquered it with relative ease. While I was doing that, the Romans destroyed the Roman Rebels and were besieging Tarentum. However Tarentum did not fall. It managed to survive until 260 BC. In the years between 270 and 260 BC, the Romans tried to attack me and Syracuse. I had built a fort on the border between me and the Romans, so they could not advance that way. They therefore had to come through the Syracusian lands.

Syracuse had one and a half stack standing there. A dozen times the Romans marched into their lands, and a dozen times I marched my stack there and in a combined attack by me and the Syracusians we destroyed them time after time with minimal losses to the Carthaginians and the Syracusians. I had to make sure I was out the Syracusian territory the same turn, or they would make war on me, even though we had alliances and military access.

It went wrong once. The Romans marched into Syracusian lands. My own stack was at that time inside Liliybaeum. I had a dilemma: March towards Syracuse and defeat the Romans, but then Syracuse would make war on me, or let the Romans destroy the Syracusian stack. I choose the first option, destroyed the Romans and was out of movement points. I therefore moved my fleet next to it, hoping for a miracle. It never came. Syracuse attacked me and I retreated to the ships. However, next turn the garrison script fired…. For my fleet was next to Syracuse. As it was never my intention to invade Syracuse and we both needed an alliance, well not entirely true I do not need an alliance I can easily hold them off on my own, but it’s more fun this way, I forced a ceasefire and alliance.

Now we are here. The Romans have conquered Tarentum and march all their forces to Sicily. They besiege my northern fort and have marched into Syracusian lands. They already destroyed half the garrison script, on the cost of two stacks.

Just a year ago I finished the conquest of Iberia, which I did in five years.

In Carthage and Hadrumetum some new units are being created to reinforce Sicily.

As you can see here, my entire diplomacy is determined by the enemies of IGCS. I barely can make any alliances. What you can also see is that the IGCS was until recently a very strong nation. It held the western Adriatic, also Syracuse, Tarentum and Cyrenaica, a strong foothold in the Crimean, the western shores of the Black Sea and also 5 cities in Asia-Minor. Now however, they are reduced to three in Asia-Minor, two in the Crimean, the western shores of the Black Sea, Syracuse and Cyrenaica. Their Adriatic cities are all under siege by Macedon, or already captured.

Statistics:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by TM Is Back; November 15, 2009 at 07:34 AM.

What version of XC is that?
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Version 4. Why?

Alpha or beta?

Mostly curious on how your economy is going, although the new system should be fairly well balanced I still need lots of feedback to see if adjusments are needed...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Alpha, with the alpha v2 patch.

Well, I like the economy system. I've played a Syracusian campaign, I liked it. Here with Carthage it is good too. In the first years I got 6000 each turn, now it is around 15000 each turn. Which is, for a empire like mine, not to much I'd say.

Yes, the aim was to focus the player on development before going on the offensive.
    You can still blitz but you better have a large treasury as it won't turn a profit for a while...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Hmm... this isn't good. It crashes, had it with Syracuse also, on the Indie Gaul turn.

Maybe try the beta version.

Can you post the details in the bug reports thread so we can investigate?
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Sure no problem.

In my last 3.3.5 campaign (which was great) I was also getting frequent crashes on the Indie Gaul turn. I was able to go back a few turns a number of times but it finally became so unstable it would ctd anytime I clicked on a settlement.

That should be solved with the latest beta, it was due a weird occurrence with hording.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

great, thanks