Thread: Religions and Temples?

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Religions and Temples?

What are the different religions and temples in this mod?

Like for example, in Barbarian invasion, the Romans have Christian (catholic) churches, Sol invictus temples and Mithras temples.

In this mod, will they get more choices? like temples to traditional Roman/Greek gods? I have read somewhere that there was a strong cult of Isis amongst many Roman women.

Default Re: Religions and Temples?

Quote Originally Posted by James the Red View Post
    What are the different religions and temples in this mod?

Like for example, in Barbarian invasion, the Romans have Christian (catholic) churches, Sol invictus temples and Mithras temples.

In this mod, will they get more choices? like temples to traditional Roman/Greek gods? I have read somewhere that there was a strong cult of Isis amongst many Roman women.
    Romans will stiill have the ability to worship the Pagan temples Sol invictus temples and Mithras temples. Also Arian churches that spreads the Arian faith are available to the Vandals and Visigoths as such they were historically. The Suebi were I believe Pagan at the time of the mod and soon after changed to the Arian faith. Although, like the Romans, other factions do have choices such as the Pagan faith with their advantages and disadvantages.
    Last edited by Riothamus; September 21, 2009 at 08:32 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

HIC SVNT LEONES's Avatar Senator

The only problem is, it is pointless to give each faction those temples if they can't use them. The conversion abilities of factions in M2TW are done through a set religion in SM factions. Every other temple will just convert to Christianity or whatever religion it is set to.

Try to create a script that allows one to choose 'state religion' upon the death of a faction leader and you'll be set to have different religion among factions.

Quote Originally Posted by HIC SVNT LEONES View Post
    The only problem is, it is pointless to give each faction those temples if they can't use them. The conversion abilities of factions in M2TW are done through a set religion in SM factions. Every other temple will just convert to Christianity or whatever religion it is set to.

Try to create a script that allows one to choose 'state religion' upon the death of a faction leader and you'll be set to have different religion among factions.
    The temples that are pagan do not convert into Christianity. They remain pagan and still have a pagan religous influence that will continue to rise in percentage with the production of higher level pagan buildings. Your faction leader will yes, stay Christian.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

sirfiggin's Avatar Senator

would be really awesome if the sol invictus and mithras temples had an elite unit with the final tier of construction. I know how ahistorical that is but, still, considering how hard it is to get paganism to come back as the romans.. also, is there any way to slow down religious conversion? Or will priests be included?...in fact, it's been a while, a long while, since I've played Kingdoms, do religious buildings spread faith as well as priests? could they just give settlement happiness and bigger bonuses to priests? would be really awesome to have multiple priest types for the different religions in each faction... and a bishop of rome unit! Oh, the possibilities...
    The Duke of Dunwich and surrounding fiefdom

For any who are interested by my FF on occurrences in Rhun and beyond; I have begun a new project (not because the old one is finished, just opening more room for ideas) about one of the minor characters, Rankal. It is in the Third Age AAR index and here is the link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=376994

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

I was under the impression that the religous system in M2 only allows a faction to have one religion (No more opportunities for tolerance line in BI) and the only way to change it is to have a script like the one Lithuania has in the Teutonic caompaign.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'