Thread: Genoa

Default Genoa

Situated on the Mediterrananean Sea, Genoa was a powerful city-state the competed with the likes of Pisa and Venice for trade across Europe and the Middle East. My Genoa is nowhere near as hard to assault as, say, Antioch or Ani, so playing there merely adds a whole new aesthetic level intstead of a whole new strateigc level. This representation of the city was done with very few sources, and thus relies a bit too much on guesswork. It is also probably a bit advanced for 1080...but....

City overviews:

A view from across Genoa's piers:

"Urban Sprawl:Medieval-Style!" Genoa's wharfs.

"I wish there was a port texture..." A close-up of the piers.

"Boring, but necessary." Farmland. I couldn't have too much of it, though, because of those !@#$, *****, #$% cliffs that tend to appear whenever I try to add hamlets or farms.

Battle tests forthcoming.

Meister Röhrich's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Genoa

Man, you're a machine! Have you already tested all your created settlements? I have some serious problems with Jerusalem and I have no idea why, I simply can't get it started.

Quote Originally Posted by DerÄrzteFan View Post
    Man, you're a machine! Have you already tested all your created settlements? I have some serious problems with Jerusalem and I have no idea why, I simply can't get it started.
    I'm testing right now.

Senator

I have posted a link to contemporary map of Genoa in 1490 in the research thread - check it out...
    Edit amn it, Sutman got there first!

The tests were...funny. On one hand, everything worked. The ram battered through the gates, the siege towers dropped men off on the right place on the wall....on the other hand:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'll let the images speak for themselves. The odd thing was that it worked. After the ram got to the gates, it turned, went into the wall, and executed that animation. Then everybody got out of the wall, parked the ram, and stormed the city as per normal. As for the siege towers...they were parked, and units went through them, but came out fine and in the right place. Fighting occured as normal.

The only way that I can think of to fix these animation bugs is to revamp the entire city. All in all, I think it might actually have something to do with where the units are placed before the battle....

I'm not going to go through and revamp the map yet....further testing required.

Ok, that's kind of weird, but even in vanilla, there were sometimes such things...not enemies going right through the wall but part of units and siege engines I have experienced, we'll see if XAI makes any difference.
    Last edited by Meister Röhrich; September 20, 2009 at 02:34 PM.

Woah, ive only just seen this one. its boodiful
    I love how all your citadels have suburbs on the outside, such a good idea but never really included in many mods if any.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
    Woah, ive only just seen this one. its boodiful
    I love how all your citadels have suburbs on the outside, such a good idea but never really included in many mods if any.
    Yeah, that's why we have so many problems testing them!