Thread: Naval Battles

Icon4 Naval Battles

I'm just throwing out an idea!

What if instead of incividual control of ships with options such as broadside CA made the decision to allow control of the fleet. So for example I could choose my fleets formation and then once the battle has begun I could give them orders such as tack-in-succesion and stuff like that. In single ships battle you would get the individual control. Another thing in a fleet battle the admiral would have to signal the ship which is to perform the action creating a but of time lag which is historically correct. perhaps they would add a tech about flags to add more rapid communications. Just voicing ideas tell me what you think!

Default Re: Naval Battles

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=naval+battles
    there already is a thread about naval battles

ulan1990? did you even read what he said? this is an idea, not a general thread.
    Is she... you know...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ?

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

i think not.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Aubrey KB,MP,JP,FRS View Post
    I'm just throwing out an idea!

What if instead of incividual control of ships with options such as broadside CA made the decision to allow control of the fleet. So for example I could choose my fleets formation and then once the battle has begun I could give them orders such as tack-in-succesion and stuff like that. In single ships battle you would get the individual control. Another thing in a fleet battle the admiral would have to signal the ship which is to perform the action creating a but of time lag which is historically correct. perhaps they would add a tech about flags to add more rapid communications. Just voicing ideas tell me what you think!
    I like it.
    In ETW I miss some fleet formations in naval battles.

I know thiss wont happen but wouldnt it be interesting?

ssmarine's Avatar Biarchus

Sounds kind of like Take Command: 2nd Manassass where you could give general orders on a division, brigade, or regimental scale and the AI would carry out the orders based on the lower level officer's ability level.

Its a real good idea that worked great for land battles in that game. However, TC2M is a different kind of game than the TWs. TW games arent exactly complex wargames.

Quote Originally Posted by Obadiah Hakeswill View Post
    ulan1990? did you even read what he said? this is an idea, not a general thread.
    yes i read it and it fits into the thread. the thread was about discussing ideas and confirmed information about naval battles and since this is an idea