Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murat

Default Murat

do u think they will add Joachim Murat as a cavalry general of france prince of france or king of naple ?

he was also married to the sister of napoleon .

I think he was one of the best cavalry general ever i really hope they will add im in NTW

do u think it could be a good idea ?

Napoleon made him a Marshal of France on 18 May 1804, and also granted him the title of "First Horseman of Europe". He was created Prince of the Empire in 1805, appointed Grand Duke of Berg and Cleves on 15 March 1806 and held this title till 1 August 1808 when he was named King of Naples and Sicily.

Murat commanded the cavalry of the French Egyptian expedition of 1798, under Bonaparte.
    Murat was equally useful in Napoleon's invasion of Russia (1812), and in the Battle of Leipzig (1813).

When the fatal moment arrived, Murat walked with a firm step to the place of execution, as calm, as unmoved, as if he had been going to an ordinary review. He would not accept a chair, nor suffer his eyes to be bound. "I have braved death (said he) too often to fear it." He stood upright, proudly and undauntedly, with his countenance towards the soldiers; and when all was ready, he kissed a cameo on which the head of his wife was engraved, and gave the word — thus,
    « Soldats ! Faites votre devoir ! Droit au cœur mais épargnez le visage. Feu ! »
    "Soldiers! Do your duty! Straight to the heart but avoid the face. Fire!"
    Last edited by igotballsofsteel; September 23, 2009 at 05:18 PM.

Patriotism... is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Murat

wasnt he the one that charged 12 times at Waterloo getting severely trashed about in every charge?
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

No that was Marshal Ney

Oh forgive my ignorance, not familiar at all with Napoleonic warfare

Quote Originally Posted by JerichoOnlyFan View Post
    Oh forgive my ignorance, not familiar at all with Napoleonic warfare

Napoleon made him a Marshal of France on 18 May 1804, and also granted him the title of "First Horseman of Europe". He was created Prince of the Empire in 1805, appointed Grand Duke of Berg and Cleves on 15 March 1806 and held this title till 1 August 1808 when he was named King of Naples and Sicily.

if u want to know more about the dude check here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joachim_Murat

if u understand french try the french link it as more info http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joachim_Murat

Patriotism... is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.

Thanks, but what you mean by created?? As in named??
    I will be sure to pay those sites a visit

Quote Originally Posted by JerichoOnlyFan View Post
    Thanks, but what you mean by created?? As in named??
    I will be sure to pay those sites a visit
    Its the term they use on wiki to say he was price i also find it sound weird mayb it was the term used in that time ?

in fact maybe he was created price cause he was no son of napoleon ?

Well Murat was a general under Napoleon during the Italian Campaign, so hopefully we will at least get to see him there. I am not sure if he was present for Egypt or not, and since the final campaign is more similar to the Grand Campaign in Empire, I am not sure if we will see him there or not.
    Forget the Cod this man needs a Sturgeon!

YD23's Avatar Cторожевая Cобака.

Murat was one of those colourful characters of the war. He was made King of Naples and tried to hang on to his kingdom after Napoleon's defeat but was defeated by the Austrians at Tolentino and shot by firing squad
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tolentino

they might enter him although i doubt it, if ca is smart they add ney then they have an excuse for their bad ai

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius Tosi View Post
    Well Murat was a general under Napoleon during the Italian Campaign, so hopefully we will at least get to see him there. I am not sure if he was present for Egypt or not, and since the final campaign is more similar to the Grand Campaign in Empire, I am not sure if we will see him there or not.

Murat commanded the cavalry of the French Egyptian expedition of 1798, under Bonaparte.
    Murat was equally useful in Napoleon's invasion of Russia (1812), and in the Battle of Leipzig (1813).
    Last edited by igotballsofsteel; September 23, 2009 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by igotballsofsteel View Post
    While we're at it why not add General Mineau? He commanded the force after Napoleon escaped Egypt.

Murat (with his awesome self-designed uniforms) must be in the game like all the rest of Napoleon's Marshals.

Salvo's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

I think he was one of the best cavalry general ever i really hope they will add im in NTW
    He was an idiot. But I like him...Well I like all marshalls and their adventures. For all who like it too I recommend this book:

One Polish historiasn said "He was the master of cavalry charges" and he was right. Murat was terrible commander but in driving at the front of cavalry charge he was the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvo View Post
    One Polish historiasn said "He was the master of cavalry charges" and he was right. Murat was terrible commander but in driving at the front of cavalry charge he was the best.
    ^This. The man was daring all right, nobody can deny him that.

Salvo's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

Yes And being daring is always similar to being fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvo View Post
    He was an idiot. But I like him...Well I like all marshalls and their adventures. For all who like it too I recommend this book:

yes he must be an idiot he conquered most of europe whit napoleon .

In the autumn of 1795, three years after King Louis XVI of France was deposed, royalist and counter-revolutionaries organised an armed uprising. On 3 October, General Napoleon Bonaparte, who was stationed in Paris, was named commander of the French National Convention's defending forces. This constitutional convention, after a long period of emergency rule, was striving to establish a more stable and permanent government in the uncertain period after the Reign of Terror. Bonaparte tasked Murat with the gathering of artillery from a suburb outside the control of the government's forces. Murat managed to take the cannons of the Camp des Sablons and transport them to the centre of Paris while avoiding the rioters. The use of these cannon on 4 October allowed Bonaparte to save the members of the National Convention.[1] For this success Joachim Murat was made chef de brigade (colonel) and thereafter remained one of Napoleon's best officers.
    Last edited by igotballsofsteel; September 23, 2009 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by igotballsofsteel View Post
    do u think they will add Joachim Murat as a cavalry general of france prince of france or king of naple ?
    Good point, ideally there needs to be some way of giving our generals titles that equate to their conquests, similar to the DVL mod.

Most generals of this period accumulated a number of different titles over the course of their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart View Post
    No that was Marshal Ney

Ney advanced with a large party but it was kellerman who brought his division in full who deserves blame

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast