View Poll Results: France

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Left Flag

    3 27.27%
  • Right Flag

    8 72.73%
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 324

Thread: EMPIRE TOTAL FLAGS V2.6 DISCUSSION THREAD

  1. #1
    JFC's Avatar Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    608

    Default EMPIRE TOTAL FLAGS V2.6 DISCUSSION THREAD


    Version 2.6

    DISCUSSION THREAD
    EVERY FLAG OF ETW
    (ETF2.5 + ETW VANILLA FLAGS)



    PROPOSED NEW FLAGS for ETF 2.6

    French Republic Land Flag
    New / Current


    Khante Khiva Faction, Land & Naval


    US Monarchy Naval Ensign

    (Current Download: ETF)



    Last edited by JFC; January 13, 2010 at 12:28 PM.

  2. #2
    EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Why do you want to know?
    Posts
    11,425

    Default Re: REGALIA OF SPANKY: A combination of Regalia Flags and Spanky.

    This crashes and I don't have RoN, so do I have to have RoN to use this?

  3. #3

    Default Re: REGALIA OF SPANKY: A combination of Regalia Flags and Spanky.

    Should make the land battle flags size back to vanilla. Size that spanky did made most land flags much more smaller.

  4. #4
    JFC's Avatar Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    608

    Default Re: REGALIA OF SPANKY: A combination of Regalia Flags and Spanky.

    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    This crashes and I don't have RoN, so do I have to have RoN to use this?
    You don't need RoN.

    Could you be a bit more specific? What other Mods do you have? Did you use the mod manager? What part of the game are you attempting ie campaign or custom battles?
    I have tested this mod and I have had no problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1in1class
    Should make the land battle flags size back to vanilla. Size that spanky did made most land flags much more smaller.
    Agreed that the flags spanky made are smaller. It takes time to adjust flags so that they remain 'in proportion' for a rectangle. It's not a case of simply widening the flag as that just looks rubbish and does not do the game justice. A number of Square flags have been replaced... I now want to see how popular this mod is first before I continue to make new flags. Especially as the other modders have worked so very hard with quality skins, etc.
    Last edited by JFC; October 04, 2009 at 07:11 AM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: REGALIA OF SPANKY: A combination of Regalia Flags and Spanky.

    Ya this mod in time will do good you should put it in the released mod threads so more people will see this. Also by making them land flags back to vanilla size will make it an vary well flag mod one reasion i did not dl spankys flags was because of the flag size. There are only 2 flag mods that are out. More flags, different flags. They are going to do good
    Last edited by 1in1class; September 19, 2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: need

  6. #6
    JFC's Avatar Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    608

    Default Re: REGALIA OF SPANKY: A combination of Regalia Flags and Spanky.

    Feedback please:
    France Battle flag

    or the spanky version.

    The Knights of St John
    Last edited by JFC; September 19, 2009 at 05:32 PM.

  7. #7
    SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    6,934

    Default Re: REGALIA OF SPANKY: A combination of Regalia Flags and Spanky.

    Ahhhhh Mate...that Maltese Flag wasn't used until 1964(independence!)
    Can't you see the British George Cross(awarded in WW2) on it??

    The Knights of St.John(Knights of Malta) Flag should be this :
    (Grandmaster Flag)


    Or This :
    (Order's Flag)



    Their coat of arms was :



    But Indipendent Malta wasn't until 1964

    19th Century Ensign(British Colonial Malta)


    -------------

    For a "Malta" I'd go with this
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

  8. #8
    ChrisJoker's Avatar Semisalis
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I live in the middle of the sea
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: REGALIA OF SPANKY: A combination of Regalia Flags and Spanky.

    Quote Originally Posted by JFC View Post


    Download here:

    http://www.filefront.com/14562637/regaliaofspanky.pack


    Download here:


    http://www.filefront.com/14562637/regaliaofspanky.pack

    And place file in data folder, then activate via modmanager
    (Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data)

    This mod aims to combine the work done by Regalia and Spanky, changing a number of faction flags. I have also submitted a few also.

    Included:
    56 Land Battles flags
    31 Naval Ensigns

    When I get the time, I'll submit a screen with all flags.

    NOTE: Nations/government faction types that were not included in the vanilla version of the game have been removed. This is so that it will remain compatible with other mods.

    Thanks to SPANKY and REGALIA TEAM.
    alot of this flags are so wrong ,Spain

    ,ottomans

    ,punjab(its white not orange and the triangular shape is wrong)
    Its whit not orange
    Safavids,

    Prussia,

    Malta,

    Greece

    ,Republics of France,Spain,Prussia and Maratha




    also US monarchy is wrong flag should stay the same US shouldnt became a monarchy
    and u guys havent changed the flags of Dagestan,

    Georgia


    and so many others
    "An army of sheep led by a lion can defeat an army of lions lead by a sheep".(Arab proverb)


  9. #9

    Default Re: REGALIA OF SPANKY: A combination of Regalia Flags and Spanky.

    Im liking your france flag as above. Keep it up

  10. #10
    ChrisJoker's Avatar Semisalis
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I live in the middle of the sea
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: REGALIA OF SPANKY: A combination of Regalia Flags and Spanky.

    Sorry Editing Mistake my post below this one
    Last edited by ChrisJoker; September 20, 2009 at 02:38 AM.
    "An army of sheep led by a lion can defeat an army of lions lead by a sheep".(Arab proverb)


  11. #11
    ChrisJoker's Avatar Semisalis
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I live in the middle of the sea
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: REGALIA OF SPANKY: A combination of Regalia Flags and Spanky.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1in1class View Post
    Im liking your france flag as above. Keep it up
    yeah i know the national flag of France since napoleons time hasn't changed its just some of the flags like battalian and royal flags were more fancy and royal looking like the flag of napoleon with the golden bees.
    EDIT:This should be the flags of Spain
    1700s Monarchy flag aswell as Royal flag

    Naval flag

    War flag

    1800s Flag STILL a Monarchy flag national,war and navy flag

    with the navy and war pennant

    Royal flag

    Flag of New Spain and war navy flag

    other flags used for other purpose in New Spain uses the Spanish royal flag
    1700s
    1800s
    Late Flag of New Spain 1800s

    Navy flag

    Also i suggest this as the war flag of New Spain the Mexican(Spanish) Royalists flag(IT WAS A MILITARY FLAG ASWELL AS NEW SPAIN ROYAL FLAG)
    "An army of sheep led by a lion can defeat an army of lions lead by a sheep".(Arab proverb)


  12. #12
    JFC's Avatar Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    608

    Default Re: REGALIA OF SPANKY: A combination of Regalia Flags and Spanky.

    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    Ahhhhh Mate...that Maltese Flag wasn't used until 1964(independence!)
    Can't you see the British George Cross(awarded in WW2) on it??

    The Knights of St.John(Knights of Malta) Flag should be this :
    (Grandmaster Flag)


    Or This :
    (Order's Flag)



    Their coat of arms was :



    But Indipendent Malta wasn't until 1964

    19th Century Ensign(British Colonial Malta)


    -------------

    For a "Malta" I'd go with this
    So in short.... Keep the flags that are already submitted.

  13. #13
    JFC's Avatar Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    608

    Default Re: REGALIA OF SPANKY: A combination of Regalia Flags and Spanky.

    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    Ahhhhh Mate...that Maltese Flag wasn't used until 1964(independence!)
    Can't you see the British George Cross(awarded in WW2) on it??
    Many thanks for the reply...
    So in short.... Keep the flags that are already submitted.

    @Chrisjoker..

    Thanks for the detailed reply,

    Just a few things though...
    Firstly and most importantly, the flags used at this moment are not meant to be 100% accurate for the following:
    Each Faction has 1 National flag, 1 Army flag and 1 Ensign, so I am limited and intend to make the flags 'generic' to the faction it represents as well as looking good. So some flags will be the wrong colour/wrong shape.
    Dagestan hasn't been done at all yet.
    I don't understand what you mean by the proposal that the US Monarchy is wrong, as the US has never had one anyway. The flags used are a variant of the Betsy Ross including a coat of arms from Gerorge Washington. What do you suggest?
    France republic is correct, as it hasn't been changed, just jazzed up.
    Prussia flags show an eagle and in the form of the flags used during the seven years war. This is how it will stay.
    Ottoman flags are correct, just the overall image I submitted is wrong.
    Punjab is a battle flag and you have suggested a state flag.
    The safavid flag is a battle flag and the lion is correct... the one you have suggested is the state flag, which I haven't done yet as I will be looking for a better lion image.
    Also would you be so kind as to tell me where your source for the Greek Flag is from. I have gone with the generic due to the popular demand for it... Any greek buffs around please let me know otherwise.

    Spain and New Spain... again I will have a look at.
    However the land flag of spain will not change. As I have said, it is a generic flag, a similar to the ones used during the seven years war.

    Ta!

    Edit... I do like the New Spain Monarchy Flag:
    Feedback Please.
    Last edited by JFC; September 20, 2009 at 10:29 AM.

  14. #14
    SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    6,934

    Default Re: REGALIA OF SPANKY: A combination of Regalia Flags and Spanky.

    Quote Originally Posted by JFC View Post
    So in short.... Keep the flags that are already submitted.
    Quote Originally Posted by JFC View Post
    So in short.... Keep the flags that are already submitted.
    Ummm, no
    The George Cross should be REMOVED
    After all, there is no Malta
    There are the Knights of St.John, who should have a White Cross on a Red Bacground or a White Maltese Cross on a Red Background

    If there is a "Malta Flag" It should be a PLAIN White and Red flag, with no George Cross on the White Part
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

  15. #15
    JFC's Avatar Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    608

    Default Re: REGALIA OF SPANKY: A combination of Regalia Flags and Spanky.

    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    Ummm, no
    The George Cross should be REMOVED
    After all, there is no Malta
    There are the Knights of St.John, who should have a White Cross on a Red Bacground or a White Maltese Cross on a Red Background

    If there is a "Malta Flag" It should be a PLAIN White and Red flag, with no George Cross on the White Part
    Malta is infact there. This is what Knights of St John become if there is political change.
    Malta will be changed to plain red white.

    Just to reiterate the current St John Flag is this:


    This is a slight exaggeration including both the Grandmaster cross and plain red/white cross.
    If it is hated/disliked, I will remove it.

    And Malta:
    Last edited by JFC; September 20, 2009 at 12:29 PM.

  16. #16
    SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    6,934

    Default Re: REGALIA OF SPANKY: A combination of Regalia Flags and Spanky.

    Yup, that is correct

    And having both the Grandmaster's and the Order's flags is a pretty good idea
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

  17. #17
    JFC's Avatar Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    608

    Default Re: REGALIA OF SPANKY: A combination of Regalia Flags and Spanky.

    Portugal Army Flag:

  18. #18
    ChrisJoker's Avatar Semisalis
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I live in the middle of the sea
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: REGALIA OF SPANKY: A combination of Regalia Flags and Spanky.

    Quote Originally Posted by JFC View Post
    Many thanks for the reply...
    So in short.... Keep the flags that are already submitted.

    @Chrisjoker..

    Thanks for the detailed reply,

    Just a few things though...
    Firstly and most importantly, the flags used at this moment are not meant to be 100% accurate for the following:
    Each Faction has 1 National flag, 1 Army flag and 1 Ensign, so I am limited and intend to make the flags 'generic' to the faction it represents as well as looking good. So some flags will be the wrong colour/wrong shape.
    Dagestan hasn't been done at all yet.
    I don't understand what you mean by the proposal that the US Monarchy is wrong, as the US has never had one anyway. The flags used are a variant of the Betsy Ross including a coat of arms from Gerorge Washington. What do you suggest?
    France republic is correct, as it hasn't been changed, just jazzed up.
    Prussia flags show an eagle and in the form of the flags used during the seven years war. This is how it will stay.
    Ottoman flags are correct, just the overall image I submitted is wrong.
    Punjab is a battle flag and you have suggested a state flag.
    The safavid flag is a battle flag and the lion is correct... the one you have suggested is the state flag, which I haven't done yet as I will be looking for a better lion image.
    Also would you be so kind as to tell me where your source for the Greek Flag is from. I have gone with the generic due to the popular demand for it... Any greek buffs around please let me know otherwise.

    Spain and New Spain... again I will have a look at.
    However the land flag of spain will not change. As I have said, it is a generic flag, a similar to the ones used during the seven years war.

    Ta!

    Edit... I do like the New Spain Monarchy Flag:
    Feedback Please.
    Thanx for using the royal battalion flag although i think vexiologists are not sure if it was a yellow color field or purple?(hence purple is a royal color)otherwise it can still be used
    still i don't know if the shields should be like the seal of the modern shield of Mexico city


    this soldier is of the Spanish royal guard(SPAIN NOT NEW SPAIN)carrying the flag of the the king's guard battalian(notice the new Spain royal flag shields on the corners of the cross are the blazons of Mexico city and the coronela(kings colors) flag of the guard has the blazons of Castilla-Leon)
    also are u guys saying ur going to use this flag?
    personal flag of napoleon
    or just with the colors?
    will u guys be using this flags of Venice too

    i think this was a terretorial flag or a flag of venice in the 1700s

    the two images are the same flag but the one to the right is a close up zome in more detail showing the lion over the sea land with representing Venice's rule over the sea and the land castle in the greek and island terretories like cyprus,crete,morea ect..

    there are too many variants and the flags u guys have for Venice are all wrong there to modern

    and come one 632 conflicts!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ChrisJoker; September 20, 2009 at 06:16 PM.
    "An army of sheep led by a lion can defeat an army of lions lead by a sheep".(Arab proverb)


  19. #19
    JFC's Avatar Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    608

    Default Re: REGALIA OF SPANKY: A combination of Regalia Flags and Spanky.

    One for the Hanovarians....



    The conflicts of a number such as 632 has nothing to do with this mod! I would expect conflicts to amount to the flags replaced. This depends on the mods that you are using.
    Also, I am a one man band with regards to this new mod.

    Chris, I also have to ask... have you actually downloaded this? The flags you are refering to have been changed and are as you are stating...



    This is the French flag... I know it might all be a bit off with wingless bees and a crest which is too new, but I think it looks better with than without. If common concencus is to have them taken away and use the square flag I will and replace with this...




    Also new version available first post.
    Last edited by JFC; September 20, 2009 at 07:32 PM.

  20. #20

    Default Re: REGALIA OF SPANKY: A combination of Regalia Flags and Spanky.

    Wow just love it Keep it going with the vanilla size and the french flag looks vary well done with the wingless bees and a crest. Vary nice keep it up.
    Last edited by 1in1class; September 20, 2009 at 08:33 PM. Reason: need

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •