Thread: Strategy for Takeda?

Default Strategy for Takeda?

I've got Hojo and Mori bearing down upon me with large stacks of low quality troops that I squash easily with my naginata heavy cavalry. But it's taking it's toll. Large sums of money are going into retraining each turn. Is it just a matter of enduring the onslaught until I have enough money to finance an invasion force of my own?

Default Re: Strategy for Takeda?

Yeah with the old campaign settings, the ai isn't too terribly intelligent they tend to mass troops and throw them at you... and as with all campaigns they gain money faster and easier than you do (They automatically get a base amount to counteract their poor management). There are tricks you can use to deal with it though, like building forts and baiting enemies around the towers... slowly cutting them down and saving some of your strength. certain troops are more cost effective, particularly ranged troops and strong foot infantry (because the current BoA has a bug with cavalry defense values... something from the original BoA and not unique to the campaign). In other words cavalry are very strong and will cut enemies down, but are also more vulnerable to attack, use infantry for "meat grinder" battles.

Cavalry defense values, as well as basic strategic settings for AI, have been adjusted for my next campaign fix release.