Page 3 of 185 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 2 - Cumulative Thread

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Default Re: Mass Effect 2 - Cumulative Thread

Looks sweet, but does she not wear armor?

Blood Dragon armor looks cool.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Razvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Old news is old.
    No.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Razvus View Post
    Old news is old.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Pleasant news gentlemens and gentlewomens ().

Instead of a Feb/March release, ME2 will already arrive in late January!

When Mass Effect 2 was officially announced this past February, it was given an "early 2010" launch window. It turns out that should have been a "very early 2010" launch window, as Electronic Arts today announced it will arrive on January 26 in North America and on January 29 in Europe. Unlike the first Mass Effect, the sci-fi role-playing game will ship simultaneously for the Xbox 360 and PC and will likely have the same M for Mature rating as the original.
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6233351.html

Resistance is futile™

Bad news for me, I always love it when developers work logner on a game (Unless its something like over 5 years , thats just overkill for most games)
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by roy34543 View Post
    Bad news for me, I always love it when developers work logner on a game (Unless its something like over 5 years , thats just overkill for most games)
    Seems to me like this news says they have already spent enough time on the game and will have it completely ready before the publisher requires them to, rather than having to work to the last minute and miss some bugs.

Release dates being pushed up is usually a good sign.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus the Virus View Post
    Pleasant news gentlemens and gentlewomens ().

Instead of a Feb/March release, ME2 will already arrive in late January!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6233351.html
    Bioware is pulling a Mike Tyson a right then a left with Dragon Age in Nov and ME2 in January.....such goodness in such as short time period should be illegal!

Question: Where is that naked woman going to put her magazines, or her keys for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by danzig View Post
    Bioware is pulling a Mike Tyson a right then a left with Dragon Age in Nov and ME2 in January.....such goodness in such as short time period should be illegal!

Hah, is it a financial issue for you? Because you should have finished DA by then.

Resistance is futile™

Spamostoc's Avatar Decanus

Finally some new stuff:
    ಠ_ಠ Oh hai

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Ferguson View Post
    Question: Where is that naked woman going to put her magazines, or her keys for that matter
    Remember the mass effect guns use element zero or something like that and they don't use magazines with ammunition.

Anyways, I understand the character. I probably won't use her, but the idea of having to recruit some squad of crazies to go on a suicide mission opens the door for the possibility of having a rich and diverse catalogue of characters mixing it up on your ship. Especially if you have these undesireables like her clashing with more refined or rigid military types, etc. While I don't find the 'bad ass girl' archetype to be that interesting, I don't mind the addition of her, especially if you can have up to ten.

Edit- I remember reading a little blurb about the collectors in the first ME. That's cool to see them added. And that Legion guy from the Geth seems interesting.
    Last edited by Captain Jin; November 05, 2009 at 02:45 PM.

Was the first ME any good? Not sure what the second would be like without experiencing the first.

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

It was okay. 7-8/10 from me.
    Try it, 50% off on steam this weekend, if I remember correctly. (8 euros or so)

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

Hotspur's Avatar I've got reach.
    Patrician

Yes, but it suffers the same plague that any first in a trilogy suffers from - too much exposition. It's also not very hard. I think I played for three solid hours before I had to do a quick-load. Clearly they have amped up the firefights for ME2, as they said they would.

Well almost all new games these days are too easy in general. The consensus seems to be that if you want a challenge, play multiplayer.
    Last edited by Spamostoc; November 05, 2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: grammars
    ಠ_ಠ Oh hai

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Its bad news that the game is pushed to an earlier release. Appearantly EA wants the game to be released closer to the holidays. If there are bugs I blame EA for it.

Then again, ever since they made the deal with EA, I blame them for pretty much everything since its usually their fault, such as pinnacle station.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Its bad news that the game is pushed to an earlier release. Appearantly EA wants the game to be released closer to the holidays. If there are bugs I blame EA for it.

Then again, ever since they made the deal with EA, I blame them for pretty much everything since its usually their fault, such as pinnacle station.
    This is senseless distaste for a company you already had a disposition towards disliking. Where do you get the idea that EA wants to push it closer to the holidays? Why would you even think that's a good idea? Releasing in January right after people dumped all of their money on Christmas in December isn't going to get them a big bone in customer purchases. This is clearly a choice of the devs, and you shouldn't jump to such conclusions unless you have some kind of proof of that.

Hotspur's Avatar I've got reach.
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    This is senseless distaste for a company you already had a disposition towards disliking. Where do you get the idea that EA wants to push it closer to the holidays? Why would you even think that's a good idea? Releasing in January right after people dumped all of their money on Christmas in December isn't going to get them a big bone in customer purchases. This is clearly a choice of the devs, and you shouldn't jump to such conclusions unless you have some kind of proof of that.
    But it does put it in prime lets-spend-my-giftcard season. I don't think EA wants to kill the franchise with an early release, but pushing product out early understandably makes some (most?) gamers....jittery.

I was under the impression that Bioware, not EA, were the ones pushing for earlier release.
    ಠ_ಠ Oh hai

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Regardless of who wants what for the release date, I want a good game from this...as I am sure everyone does. One small move better not kill the hype for this game, as I would say it is well deserved, and expected.