Thread: Calling All Kergits to the Steppes!

Icon4 Calling All Kergits to the Steppes!

I for one have no problems switching maps as some others have complained. I'm totally disappointed to see kergits getting their hind ends mashed in the ruins and castle maps... that's why I'm hosting a large random steppes map so please join it when you see it! I'll probably have it up for another 10 minutes.

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Calling All Kergits to the Steppes!

I've sugested improving their archery proficciency or the strength of their arrows.

there's an 11 page long thread about the khergits in the apothecary ovr at taleworlds; at first I argued they where fine as they where, but after getting my buttocks handed to me by the swads 7 times in village I decided they need to be buffed

I think the shot could be a little more powerful, but what we really need is our own flat map to play on. I hate riding around in ruins or villages......

problem is, the other team will just vote that map away as soon as it starts

That's why we need static maps a couple of each for everyone to try out and a few that can be changed.

Actually, khergits have a new advantage with the new flag system.

Witht he new patch they spawn randomly, we just trapped the nords (well took time before every khergit was willing to be patient and work as a team) we camped spawn, because the nords constantly hide in buildings (ruins map) and then when the flag appeared some guys ran there and dismounted (this starts raising the flag) so the nords where forced to come out in the open where they are vulnerable, and they did it scattered, wich made them easy pickings for those of us still on horse!

You can force the ennemy out in the open now, except in village

EDIT: here's something you'll like, it's a good read and makes valid tactical points:

the secret history of the Khergits
    Last edited by sabaku_no_gaara; September 18, 2009 at 04:13 PM.

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

They just need a footman class with a bit better shields, 2-hander swords, and better agility stats.

Not sure about two handers that just seems like too much balance for balance's sake. Maybe a good heavy spear troop like STW Korean skirmishers or something?

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by sabaku_no_gaara View Post
    Actually, khergits have a new advantage with the new flag system.

Witht he new patch they spawn randomly, we just trapped the nords (well took time before every khergit was willing to be patient and work as a team) we camped spawn, because the nords constantly hide in buildings (ruins map) and then when the flag appeared some guys ran there and dismounted (this starts raising the flag) so the nords where forced to come out in the open where they are vulnerable, and they did it scattered, wich made them easy pickings for those of us still on horse!

You can force the ennemy out in the open now, except in village

EDIT: here's something you'll like, it's a good read and makes valid tactical points:

the secret history of the Khergits
    you don't always need to force them into the open. If they hold up in a house then you get your team to circle around counter clockwise and fire into them. kind of like an old western movie. It only works though if you entire Khergit team goes along with it. I found out that if you circle around on your own you only end up with a bolt to the brain. Likewise you could circle clockwise in front of an entrenched arean and fire when you approach, circle out of range and then return.

Blue circles are horse archers
    Red circles are lancers
    Last edited by Wild Bill Kelso; September 25, 2009 at 10:19 AM.
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

That's exactly what I do, but unfortunately many times my team wants to stay in close range, but loosing one or two arrows at a time just doesn't fulfill the need for instant gratification. Hopefully we can get to together and put the dazzle on em!