View Poll Results: would you like governors

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

8 44.44%
  • no

8 44.44%
  • yes(restrict their number to one for every faction,2 for romans)

2 11.11%

Thread: governors

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Default governors

the recruitable governors is something i love in this game.in rs2 there are not going to be in the game. what is your oppinion
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Default Re: governors

unfortunately whatever the outcome of this, it's not something we're in a position to change anymore as they used a whole load of unit slots, which aren't available anymore

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

ok
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Also it'd be a huge amount of work to add them back in now....we're wanting to get this thing finished and delivered to you guys! You do get recruitable generals though.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Just rename the recruitable generals to "governor-generals" - they function in the same way, only their bodyguard is mounted, right?

I actually try to avoid using the foot version, even if it means I can only train them (mounted version) from 1 city.

Hakomar's Avatar Ordinarius

Governors are a nice thing - but not a priority I am afraid. No from me.

Gaius Omarius's Avatar Libertus

I get the feeling with this thread that there's been a bit of a misunderstanding re the governer/general issue; you're just not able to get the foot versions, clone, you still have recruitable generals that also work as governors.

I know what you mean

i know. but i like the foot governors.my favorite is the roman governor with pretorians
    Robert E. Howard

Gaius Omarius's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    i know. but i like the foot governors.my favorite is the roman governor with pretorians
    Ah, well in that case, I'm preeetty sure I read somewhere on here that some of the generals you can recruit will be on foot and not mounted, but I can't verify that of course.

As for your idea of limiting it to 1 or 2 governeror units per faction, I don't think that's the problem there, from my understanding it's not an issue of how many you make of them in your game but rather how many of the unit slots are used; once a unit is in-game it takes up a unit slot, regardless of how many you recriut, and these unit slots are needed for more important units.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Some factions like Sparta will have there generals on foot, but most of them will be on horses.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Some factions like Sparta will have there generals on foot, but most of them will be on horses.
    Spartans don't need horses to kick Greek ass is why

<<Un collègue; un ami.>>

so will rs2 still have all the different types of governors still just mounted ? such as proconsul, or praetor vicus?

This simply means that the mounted generals are all you recruit (few exceptions), but can be used for governing and another cav unit. That's how I think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by sithlord447 View Post
    so will rs2 still have all the different types of governors still just mounted ? such as proconsul, or praetor vicus?
    no

Atheist
    Quantum physics
    Paleonthology
    RSII Betatester
    Ultimate irony Quote by total relism:
    -this is the number one tactic of evolutionist hand waving they close there ears and eyes to any evidence they do not want to here.

Indefinitely Banned

As interesting as it was to have different govenor units, to be honest so long as the recruitable generals are good enough, you don't need them. I don't know how they generals in RS2 compare to 1.5, but I think the team shouls try to just merge all those governors units with the general to make it a decent all rounder.