Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: White guilt, and the uncle tom syndrome..will it ever end?

DekuTrash's Avatar Human Directional
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: White guilt, and the uncle tom syndrome..will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Richard View Post
    Shouldnt feel guilty for what you havnt done. I feel bad about slavery but i dont look at myself as 'guilty'.
    Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by El Brujo View Post
    I've observed an interesting phenomenon over the years. The likelihood of someone feeling White guilt seems to be inversely proportional to the likelihood that their ancestors were slave owners. Those people I've known who can trace their ancestry back to slave holders don't have a drop of guilt in their bodies. Also ironically, the average black person probably has more slave owner blood than the average white person.
    Largely due to ''nutmegging'' I presume?
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

El Brujo's Avatar Campidoctor
    Texas. The greatest state in the C.S. of A.

Largely due to ''nutmegging'' I presume?
    Plantation owners were amorous fellows with a lot of power over their slaves and there was little society could do to reign in their less wholesome behavior. Common whites, especially women, were for the most part completely disgusted at the thought of miscegenation. This means that most of the white blood in Blacks today would probably be that of slaveholding planters.

Also, Americans don't generally recognize mulattoes; if you have noticable black features then you're black(An exception to this is traditional Louisiana law, which recognizes such classifications as quadroon, sextroon, octroon, etc. Louisiana law is French rather than Anglo-Saxon). This means that most mixed race people born to planters were then and are now lumped into the same classification as purer blacks. This is why there doesn't appear to be a huge number of mixed race people in the U.S.. There are a large number of mixed race people, but Americans simply don't bother distinguishing them from genuine negroes, even if they have predominently white ancestry. This also has the side effect of keeping the white population purer than it is in Latin America, where race is more of a spectrum than a series of distinct classifications.

Jexiel's Avatar Biarchus

I wonder how those 5-10 genes that determine skin color feel like?
    Signature misfiled. Please use this one instead.

Quote Originally Posted by scheuch13 View Post
    I am assuming you are not American. White guilt is quite big here, and as the videos above explain, expects whites and blacks negatively.

But if your a brit of course you should not feel the effects of white guilt, your nation never had slaves ( or should I say you never had jesse jackson)
    Just remember this THE UNDERGROUND RAIL-ROADS its something to be really proud of and yes I am a Brit and yes we had Slavery in this Nation I am quite sure the Romans had slaves also the Vikings the Normans and the many others who had Invaded these Isles
    Know where you're going in life . . . you may already be there!

What the hell is white guilt?

Quote Originally Posted by Pøntifex View Post
    Well to put it simply it "White people" who feel guilty about all the bad we all have superpose done

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

It's kinda depressing knowing that folks like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are the 'successors' to heroes like MLK. I'd happily bet he would've been pissed (kinda like how he was in The Boondocks ) if he saw what these bastards are doing today.

Quote Originally Posted by scheuch13
    So that this post has a topic to discuss besides the videos. Will blacks ever stand up for themselves and stop relying on white guilt to get them by? Thats what the videos above have to say. Will white be able to actually have mutual relationships with blacks without white guilt forever sitting on their shoulders.
    Well, that retarded 'whites are evil & blacks who nail us are Uncle Toms' mentality will have to go first.
    Last edited by Barry Goldwater; September 15, 2009 at 07:31 PM.

They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Claudius Gothicus's Avatar Petit Burgués

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    Gross oversimplification of the whole problem, I'm not an expert in the History of American society but I'm quite sure that it's not like that anymore. Back in the 50's and 60's it was exactly like it but right now there's a big stairway called equal civil rights which allows anyone from any race to go up, but it only works if you're conscious enough to use it and stop complaining.

Under the Patronage of
    Maximinus Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Gothicus View Post
    Gross oversimplification of the whole problem, I'm not an expert in the History of American society but I'm quite sure that it's not like that anymore. Back in the 50's and 60's it was exactly like it but right now there's a big stairway called equal civil rights which allows anyone from any race to go up, but it only works if you're conscious enough to use it and stop complaining.
    Sorry, civil rights don't apply to private corporations (for the most part). I.E. a resume from John Williams (white) is more likely to be accepted than one from John Williams (black), even if it is an identical resume. Racism is still an economic issue, and that little comic is still highly relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    As long as there is a Democrat party in the US no.
    That's a really scary statement...like, really, quite terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Richard View Post
    Shouldnt feel guilty for what you havnt done. I feel bad about slavery but i dont look at myself as 'guilty'.
    The idea of "guilt" stems from the fact that if you are born to a white family you already have an advantage to a child who is born to an identical black family. Now, I can't really say that you should feel guilty because I don't really feel guilty about being white, especially in a competitive economy.
    Last edited by The spartan; September 15, 2009 at 08:07 PM.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Digbert View Post
    Well to put it simply it "White people" who feel guilty about all the bad we all have superpose done
    You mean there are actually people today that think they share responsibility for injustices done hundreds of years ago? I think slavery was an awful institution, obviously, but I don't feel remotely responsible for any of it, nor do I feel I owe a debt to anyone. Seriously?

@ Spartan,

Actually I think the opposite is true. Most companies now are aiming to demonstrate the diversity of their employees and staff. I don't doubt that in some cases white people are preffered for jobs over black people in some cases, but I think that typically the opposite is true.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; September 15, 2009 at 08:06 PM.

@ Spartan,

Actually I think the opposite is true. Most companies now are aiming to demonstrate the diversity of their employees and staff. I don't doubt that in some cases white people are preffered for jobs over black people in some cases, but I think that typically the opposite is true.
    It's not, at least in the recent studies that have been done. For the majority of cases, being white>being black.

did you actually watch the links? The first one explains it quite well. White guilt is not getting up in the morning and feeling sorry for the wrongs we have done in the past...thats not what white guilt is.

white guilt is more accurately is blacks blaming whites for all their societal problems they have today. White guilt is basically cultural extortion, "you did us wrong in the past and thats why we are screwed up" so in return they demand things that often lead to a welfare state. So its not really white feeling guilty more so its blacks using the past to lay a guilt trip in order to get something.

An example of this would be someone saying that we have low test scores because our ancestors were never taught to read and we deserve additional points on our college tests to make up for this.
    Last edited by Gelgoog; September 15, 2009 at 08:20 PM.

C-Rob's Avatar Primicerius

overall I feel no sympathy towards an entire race at all and there is no reason for it today because they were not alive when it was legal to have them as slaves and there's now a whole generation that can't remember or wasn't alive for the civil rights' movement. I will never apologize for something I did not do. In my area they had guys with shotguns who watched the roads and woudl stop a black person, cock their gun, and say they're not welcome to enter the county, and this was in mid Ohio up to the 80's. I wont' apoligize for my county's racist attitudes because I serve no part in promoting it and I actively discourage it. The last time I was around a black person, I was completely civil and had more in common with him than his white room mate, so race isn't even relevant in my mind, a completely pointless way to categorize people.

I wait for the day I can judge someone strictly on the merits of their character and not be labeled racist for dissing a kid who happens to be black. Sorry, but I talk the same to the white trash who do the exact same things.

The guy that was quoted and bingo'ed, I agree and second that bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    It's not, at least in the recent studies that have been done. For the majority of cases, being white>being black.
    I would be very interested to see these studies and compare them with Atlanta's track record. Since a majority of our city officials are black, we see an overwhelming number of black employees at government operated, influenced, or controlled facilities and service outlets. It makes me wonder if the white applicants are being discriminated against. I'm sure the preferential treatment comes from both sides, but I guess what I'm the most concerned about is the fact that for blacks it seems to be widely accepted (affirmative action). The whole concept of AA, for me, is insulting to black people beause it seems to infer that blacks need an unfair boost to up their chances of success.

Speaking very broadly, the problems this country faces in terms of racism and racial inequalty as defined by modern standards are perpetuated by the efforts the government implements to do away with them. Equality means equality, regardless of race. Special benefit programs and funds should not be allocated to individuals solely based on race. The more we continue to make an issue of it, the longer it will be an issue. It has become an obsession in the US for some reason.

did you actually watch the links? The first one explains it quite well. White guilt is not getting up in the morning and feeling sorry for the wrongs we have done in the past...thats not what white guilt is.
    I'm not racist. I judge people-all people-based on their actions. This concept of moping around about the past is completely foreign to me.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; September 15, 2009 at 08:20 PM.

well you may not be racist but white guilt is also white america being stigmatized as being racist. Whites often feel as if they have to prove they are not racist instead of the other way around. This had lead to the booming success of the PC movement where any off color comment is instantly jumped upon by people as that white guy showing his true racist colors when in most cases that couldnt be farther from the truth.

this movement allows blacks to say the reason I can not get ahead is because of racist white america, and the MAN keeping me down. Instead of owning up for the problems in their community, they play the race card otherwise known as white guilt to excuse their behavior. Its not " I did not get the job because I dropped out of high school" its " I did not get the job because I AM BLACK".

here are some definitions and quotes.

white guilt: The result of a wide spread racist propaganda campaign launched against European-Americans by various racist groups, individuals, Government public schools and was encouraged by many media outlets in the late 1990s.

The propaganda campaign goals were to diminish any sense of a European-American’s pride in oneself and their community. To encourage European-Americans to feel that the only way for them to feel is self-sacrificing for non-whites and to ignore their own interests. And to tarnish history with over exaggerations, wild claims all while pressuring publishers of books to underplay great accomplishments of history.

"There's no great, white bigot; there's just about 200 million little white bigots out there." -- USA Today columnist Julienne Malveaux

"I want to go up to the closest white person and say: 'You can't understand this, it's a black thing' and then slap him, just for my mental health." -- Charles Barron, a New York city councilman at a reparations rally, 2002

"Civil rights laws were not passed to protect the rights of white men and do not apply to them." -- Mary Frances Berry, Chairwoman, US Commission on Civil Rights

The white man is our mortal enemy, and we cannot accept him. I will fight to see that vicious beast go down into the lake of fire prepared for him from the beginning, that he never rise again to give any innocent black man, woman or child the hell that he has delighted in pouring on us for 400 years." -- Louis Farrakhan who campaigned for congresswoman Cynthia McKinney in 2002, City College audience in New York
    Last edited by Gelgoog; September 15, 2009 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scheuch13 View Post
    When texaco pays him $176 million for a black jelly bean reference which was not even racist when heard in its full context...that is extortion and its not a small amount of money.
    Ah, I almost always regret posting here.

My use of the word "small" is all you focus on?

Chevron Corporation's revenue in '08 was $270 billion and the $176 million is a tax write-off.

Okay White Guilt is pure and Utter bull . It would have been okay 40+ years ago but in todays world it should not be felt. The only thing holding Blacks back is themselves. In fact i'd go so far to say WHITES are discriminated Against. My sister applied as a Secretary and didn't get it because it when to a Black women. She was later hired as a Telemarketer at the same company. I went to visit her and the black lady was a Horrible secretary, she was Loud and obnoxcius and was rude to people. [not saying this applies to all blacks it can happen to other races] A LESS quailified person was hired due to Affermitive Action. As for a white person does better than a black thats crap too. It up to the person to make themselves who they are , it not color. Blacks just tend for some reason think they'll lose their culture if they leave the "ghetto" and become succesful legally. They are frown apon as "Not Black enough" So to conclude White guilt is a lie. Plus the Romans and Greeds, Muslums, Isreallies, Egyptians all had slaves and the desendents of the above slaves didn't feel [incert proper adj. from above list] guilt. Hey I'm part Greek so i feel Roman Guilt. Romans [Italians] should give me handouts!!!!

Proud Republican

You mean there are actually people today that think they share responsibility for injustices done hundreds of years ago? I think slavery was an awful institution, obviously, but I don't feel remotely responsible for any of it, nor do I feel I owe a debt to anyone. Seriously?
    It's also used by left in the US to Race bait the general public. It's like the Yanks have never picked up a history book and found out the Egyptians enslaved the Jews and I can guess Arabs and Whites to building those Pyramids for there Black pharaohs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast