Thread: Technologies

Default Technologies

I have a question on how technologies worked. I read the manual and understand that it cost money to research. I am playing as the Italian states and really had to work to get a school built. That was pretty fun. However, when I finally took enough cities to be making about 3k a turn, now I have a school. I had a couple of hundred for cash going into the turn starting my first research. I researched plug bayonets and my government details tab told me I should make about 2500. I started the next turn in the negatives. I could not repair, recruit, reinforce but I could build new buildings. Again I looked at my government tab after technology research was done, the whole time I should have been making 2500 a turn. (I never recruited or built anything) I kept going deeper into the negatives until I got a message saying I would go bankrupt. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I don't get how adding the technology plug bayonets bankrupted me? Thanks.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Roebuc View Post
    I have a question on how technologies worked. I read the manual and understand that it cost money to research. I am playing as the Italian states and really had to work to get a school built. That was pretty fun. However, when I finally took enough cities to be making about 3k a turn, now I have a school. I had a couple of hundred for cash going into the turn starting my first research. I researched plug bayonets and my government details tab told me I should make about 2500. I started the next turn in the negatives. I could not repair, recruit, reinforce but I could build new buildings. Again I looked at my government tab after technology research was done, the whole time I should have been making 2500 a turn. (I never recruited or built anything) I kept going deeper into the negatives until I got a message saying I would go bankrupt. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I don't get how adding the technology plug bayonets bankrupted me? Thanks.
    The school has an upkeep cost, not the research or the technology!

As long as your school is built and functioning, whether it is researching or not, you will pay an upkeep every turn for it.

It takes some planning and time to get a minor nation into the proper state to mantain schools -- the benefits from technology are far larger than the cost, especially in the end-game.

Take a look here as well for more information on how the costs work;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...62#post5424362
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Thank you for the quick post! I misread the manual, I thought the research is what cost me. Should have thought that through better Thanks.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Roebuc View Post
    Thank you for the quick post! I misread the manual, I thought the research is what cost me. Should have thought that through better Thanks.
    No problem!

It takes some getting used to the new features in the mod; it's well worth it though!

Let us know if you have any other questions!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

yeah i just destroyed my collage as prussia had no money to sustain it jejee to much army

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

yes i usually always destroy my schools at the start of a campaign.