Thread: Skiping the camillan reforms

Default Skiping the camillan reforms

Hello folks,

is there a mod or something, that helps to skip the camillan time and start with or at least get the polybian reform units pretty early in the game? I just don't like those units.
    I also wanna play with the marian units earlier in the game.
    Can anybody help?

Default Re: Skiping the camillan reforms

You'll need to edit the EB background script for that (Backup first!).

You'll find it in EB\Data\scripts\show_me. Look for the section: "2c: Roman Reforms".

I'd focus on the 'Unconditional Player Reforms' bit for the Polybian reforms and set that to a lower turnnumber.
    For the Marius reforms, there's is also an Unconditional reform at a certain date, but only for the AI. Just remove the 'and not FactionIsLocal' line and now that unconditional reform also works for you.

If you're looking at the script and your head starts spinning: here are some tutorials on scripting for RTW.
    Last edited by Raygereio; September 14, 2009 at 03:04 AM.

Well, since I'm no good with scripting I ask you guys for help. Isn't there anybody out there who has the same problem and can help? Maybe has a solution already?

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Look at TW-Fanboy's removed reform dates minimod. I use it, it works well. You should check out my earlier Marian reforms too if you don't want to wait a long time for them.

Okay, thanks. But is there a mod that totally removes the camillan era so you will start the game with the polybian units???