Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with ALOT of mods

Default Problem with ALOT of mods

Native works fine and stuff with the loading screen. It takes about 30 seconds for the loading screen to finish.

But the mods, all the other things are fast EXCEPT the Texture loading screen. Why is that? In native the texture loading screen stays no more then 20 seconds. But in other mods like SoD 4.1, PoP, and such the texture loading screen stays for about 5 minuites. Enough time for me to finish my breakfeast.

Any way to fix this?

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Default Re: Problem with ALOT of mods

no.

those mods have lots of new stuff, and that requires alot more textures.. so the game just takes alot of time to load them all

it's propotional

more textures = more time
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Its kind of annoying you know? lol

Yeah that happens with every mod, the only way to fix it that I know of is to install more RAM on to your computer.

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

To be honest, I doubt even more RAM would help. Just let the game load its stuff, go make yourself a sammich or play with your dog, by the time you get back the game will start
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

5 minutes is a ridiculously long time.
    Do you have trouble loading other games - I mean does it also take forever?
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Oh, wait... I missed the part you said it takes 5 minutes...
    That IS ridiculously high.

I suggest you try updating your video card's drive, getting more RAM, clearing space on your system (Usually by deleting temporary internet files) or getting better/newer hardware.

In addition to that, if you haven't defragged in a while (a month or two can be a while, but for a real effect it should be around 6 months), try defragging. It tends to help - A lot.
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgūl Killer View Post
    Oh, wait... I missed the part you said it takes 5 minutes...
    That IS ridiculously high.

I suggest you try updating your video card's drive, getting more RAM, clearing space on your system (Usually by deleting temporary internet files) or getting better/newer hardware.

In addition to that, if you haven't defragged in a while (a month or two can be a while, but for a real effect it should be around 6 months), try defragging. It tends to help - A lot.
    Whats defragging? I havent ever done that. Oh im not lieing about the 5 minuite time though. It seems ridiculous but its true. Mount and blade tends to use alot of RAM but i dont usually have alot of programs running. Like about 50-60 prosseses

But it might be becuase of ram, but i dont know

Well how much RAM do you have? I used to have the exact problem you did where it would take minutes to load, then i essentially doubled my RAM and now it hardly takes any time.

1 gig

Well that can't be right because that's how much I have now, what about your video card and processor?

Quote Originally Posted by Nazmus The Great View Post
    Whats defragging? I havent ever done that. Oh im not lieing about the 5 minuite time though. It seems ridiculous but its true. Mount and blade tends to use alot of RAM but i dont usually have alot of programs running. Like about 50-60 prosseses

But it might be becuase of ram, but i dont know
    Defragging is a tool used by Windows to 'put programs together'.

Many programs, when installed, seem to have certain parts of them flying all over the place, the tool simply pieces the pieces back together, it takes a long time and needs a whole lot of CPU (Your computer will slow down tenfolds if you try to use it when defragging), but it's so worth it.
    Most games and programs will run MUCH faster and much more smooth. This is how to do this:

Go to My Computer (The icon), right click on it.
    Click "Manage" and find on the list on the left the "Disk Defragment" part. Click on it, select the drive you want to defrag and shoot.

NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE 15% (Or more) SPACE IN THE DRIVE YOU WANT TO DEFRAG!
    It's worth the time and trouble, trust me.

Now, as for the rest of your problems, I use 1GB of RAM and the game works fine. It's probably just one big process which sucks a lot of CPU usage from Mount and Blade. It is also possible that it is your Video Card or CPU itself that's causing problems, but that's the worst case scenario, so let's ignore it for now.

Now, before you defrag, please, update your Video Drive. It helped me a ton when I first installed E:TW, it could be yours is outdated.
    There are tools to help you do this, just search "Video Drive Downloads" or "Video Drive Updates" on Google.

Hope this helped.

I hope this works, thanks by the way, +rep for your effort. Now I will just wait till the defragging is done and get back

Quote Originally Posted by Nazmus The Great View Post
    I hope this works, thanks by the way, +rep for your effort. Now I will just wait till the defragging is done and get back

Takes to long, been doing it for 2 hours still didnt finish so i canceled it. Did I just waste me time? Or did anything happen within the 2 hours?

I think it what it gets done stays, it's supposed to take a long time and the more data you have the longer it takes.

You cancelled it? Come on...
    Just activate it overnight, when you're not on the computer and let it do its job.
    I assume that in those 2 hours it got SOME work done, but it didn't get everything done. I suggest you restart it and pause it once you get on the computer, and let it continue when you get off the computer again.

Like I said - It will take hours, not minutes. If you expect something to be fixed immediately and under 2 hours... That'll be hard to do. Unless you have a super-computer.

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

I hate the vista defragger because it doesn't show how much it's progressed. So I downloaded Auslogics.
    And seriously, a little patience, it might save you a lot more time than what you spend on it..

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

Yeah I defragged last night and that took around an hour and a half to two hours with only around 17GB of data on my computer. I imagine with more data it's going to take a LOT longer.

I have about 40 gigs in my C:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast