Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: About homosexuality, question

Spajjder's Avatar Senator

Default About homosexuality

I was wondering, where exactly in the bible does it say that homosexuality is a sin? On which page... eeeh or maybe it was verse, anyway where?
    Im not into the bible really, I havn't read it, though it would prob be a good idéa...

The silly thing about the bibble is that it is full of rules that believing, in particulary americans dont follow... why is that?
    Last edited by Spajjder; August 03, 2005 at 11:16 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Ive definitely seen this in many threads regarding gays and also religion, there is a thread right under this about it. Shouldnt this be closed?

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death"

Satisfactory?

There's several kinds of Christians. One's who are ignorant of what their religion teaches. Those who are not and actually follow it (also known as criminals) and of course those who like to make stuff up to justify things as they go along.

Erik's Avatar Dux Limitis

Wow, it actually says "put to death" ?
    Funny how people always talk about texts like that in the Koran, but I guess the Bible states just the same thing.
    Are there any other minorities that have to be killed according to the Bible?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik
    Wow, it actually says "put to death" ?
    Funny how people always talk about texts like that in the Koran, but I guess the Bible states just the same thing.
    Are there any other minorities that have to be killed according to the Bible?
    Exodus 21:17 "Anyone who curses his mother or his father must be put to death"

Exodus 22:18 "Do not allow a sorceress to live"

Deuteronomy 13:6-9 "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death"

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 "If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." 21 Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death."

Deuteronomy 22:23-24 "If a man happens to meet in town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death - the girl because she was in town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man's wife".

Deuteronomy 20:10-16 "When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labour and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies. This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby. However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes"

A few things I could find about putting people to death.

O_O

>_>
    <_<

well, that certainly intensified my dislike of religion....hah! Teachings of God indeed! I'd love to pin these on a friend of mine, who claims that "God is perfect, so he can do no wrong..." oh....I've got so much to take him down for now.....>

anywho, screw what the Bible says about Gays....the Bible has nothing to do with government, so why the heck do these ppl scream about "The Bible says this, so it must be illegal!" Man I hate those ppl...
    Maximus Lazero
    Why is it that at least one of the Romans are wusses?

Indefinitely Banned

Well because the bible now does affect government thanks to those people and now you must be a good christian to have 'moral values' and care about 'families' Families to them means a bunch of affluent, fat white men who follow 'the word of god'

Families mean a middle aged white father, a wife who stands at the back of the podium smiling and not running any financial empires or anything unbecomming like that, and two daughters who's drunken rampaging can usually be covered up.

LoL I just thought of something....

40-50 years ago, if someone was beating you at oh, say, a school election, all you had to do is say that he was a communist and everyone who voted for/supported him was also a communist, you'd easily win the election even though you suck at the job.

Now, all you have to do is say that the other guy and his supporters are gay, and you win.
    Maximus Lazero
    Why is it that at least one of the Romans are wusses?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Lazero
    LoL I just thought of something....

40-50 years ago, if someone was beating you at oh, say, a school election, all you had to do is say that he was a communist and everyone who voted for/supported him was also a communist, you'd easily win the election even though you suck at the job.

Now, all you have to do is say that the other guy and his supporters are gay, and you win.
    Yeah the past effects of the word communist have now been translated into 'gay' and 'terrorist'

The word terrorist is used to win elections and hinting about homosexuality and things like that are used in ways you say.

What i love though is when the guys who rip on gays all the time have their conversations on gay chat rooms exposed.

Ummon's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

That is the old testament. Remember that, although still significant for protestants, the old testament has less importance in determining Christian morals than the new one.

You will actually never hear these passages read in a Catholic church during the mass. Never, quite surely.

Indefinitely Banned

Then, Ummon, would you like to enlighten us as to what in the new testament justifies the hatred of gays?

I don't know actually, I think that noting does.

Hatred of gays is like all hatreds, not a religious feeling. One may think that homosexuality is a sin, but thinking to suppress sinners is unreligious in my opinion. Not being a christian, though, I can't tell.

Yea in that case why care about those silly few lines in the old testament? I think that Moses was a bit of a greedy prat who disliked anyone who didn't do as him. So he forbid alot of things, including some kind of food....
    Atheist Peace: another very important thing seems to be to say that god bless america... Its sad how people then dont care about the wrongdoings of their country...

Indefinitely Banned

Yes well people just dont care really, they just go about their business and fill their role in society until they die. Most people just live their lives and love their country because they think its good, i have no problem with patriotism but when it is blind it is a bad thing.

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

The Old Testament does not condone the hatred of homo-sexuals, in humans.

It is one thing to hate the sin; another to hate the sinner.

I taint the thoughts of ignorance

The american form of christianism is surely much more "intense" than parallel forms in europe. Probably because America is a young country. Youth often brings extreme views.

Indefinitely Banned

@TBN
    Yeah but when you hate something so personal as that doesnt that mean you are hating the sinner? Im sure it feels that way for homosexuals at least and most people take it the wrong way and hate the sinner anyway.

yes! Its like critizicing someones haircut but much worse

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast