Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum II: Pictures

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Pictures

tone, sorry but I think that this muscle cuirass is awful...instead of muscular he seems obese donīt you see? could you tell your team to rework it?

mastaace's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by The Man With No Name View Post
    MY GUESSES: Important officers might not have done as much actual fighting, and thus could afford to look cool and wear the Corinthian helmet. I think by the time period of RS2, you'd have been hard pushed to find anyone wearing them anyway.
    but, important officers are the ones who require the best overview possible.

hey tone
    iam following the development of this mod a long time and one of the most important reasons was the awesome lookong spartian bodyguard... i could cry the team has changed the look although it is historical correct (i realy respect the afford you and the team put in the mod!!!) so i dare to ask if you could profide the old unit with the corinthian helmet as a "solo download" so that i can integrate the bodyguards by my own?
    the best greetings from germany

pacco's Avatar -master-of-none-

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    tone, sorry but I think that this muscle cuirass is awful...instead of muscular he seems obese donīt you see? could you tell your team to rework it?

Skinner and modeller for Roma Surrectum
    Under the patronage of Tone
    my shield collection

Quote Originally Posted by pacco View Post
    pacco are you the modeler/skinner?

This, is one of the best muscle cuirass non industrial Iīve ever seen before.
    Spartans should looks like this...at least the bodyguard, refusing to abandon their own style

xXEsotericXx's Avatar Biarchus

Spartans should looks like this...at least the bodyguard, refusing to abandon their own style
    This look, is far more realistic....
    "I think left but i write extreem right"
    - Esoteric -

:

mastaace's Avatar Ordinarius

only because it's cooler?

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Yes he is. Im sure that Tone choosed that curcais becouse it is far more historical for our time period.
    WE won't change stuff that is made incase there is nothing wrrong with them and as far as I can see these aren't wrrong in anyway. This isn't 300 total war, this is Roma Surrectum and spartans isn't uber soliders. They are infact medioker compaired to the Roman and Carthagenian army.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

The Spartan bodyguard unit looks great.

If you want your super stylized, exaggerated Spartans with Corinthian helmets and six packs, go watch 300 again. Because that's pretty much the only place you'll find that kind of style.

Remember that at the time period Roma Surrectum takes place in the Greeks and Macedonians gave the Romans less trouble than the Gauls did. Even the Parthians were more formidable at this point in time.

Guys I know that itīs not the greek/hoplite timeframe but I only posted that photo to have a look at the muscle cuirass NOT THE HOLE HOPLITES

Guys I know that itīs not the greek/hoplite timeframe but I only posted that photo to have a look at the muscle cuirass NOT THE HOLE HOPLITES
    But the cuirass is more or less the same as the one you posted, and in my opinion looks even better. I think it's just the angle that makes it look fat, because the sideways pics don't look fat at all.

@apple Best news (well, one of the best) I've heard so far!(concerning the new Surrectum Spartans)
    "Nobody is right, but historians are more right than others"

Thing is that the spartans might not have used those kind of cuirass anymore. (i'm not a spartan expert)
    As far as I know the development process Tone and the historians gathered information and then Tone and our other skinners made the unit. Knowing that I pritty comfident that they choose the most accurate cuirass for the time period and unit.
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

ok, and where is the pic from wich the dev team made their cuirass model?

You will have to ask Tone, Swhunter or Kervanos for that.
    Son of Legio

haha they so do look fat from front on. It should atleast make it amusing.

Excellent. Thank you and +REP for you!
    [

Menumorut's Avatar Ducenarius

Whatever reasons this unit did not look well at all only partially, helmet, shield, armor are very beautiful. The body looks terrible especially legs look as trees
    P.S: This was a constructive criticism.

SimpleCourage47's Avatar Ducenarius

Unit looks good to me, plus is accurate I'd rather have an accurate practical model than a stylised one, i think modern day soldiers helmets look stupid and they are a pain in the arse to wear, pretty heavy on your head and uncomfortable but they do they job and do it well.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

I quite like the unit personally; I don't see what the problem with it is....

Quote Originally Posted by |S|P|Q|R| Leonidas View Post
    Whatever reasons this unit did not look well at all only partially, helmet, shield, armor are very beautiful. The body looks terrible especially legs look as trees
    P.S: This was a constructive criticism.
    You can't make the models to heavy or else the game will lag as hell. Remeber this in running on an old engine.

And the word terible isn't by any means part of constructive criticism
    Son of Legio