Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum II: Pictures

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Pictures

It'll be out long before then.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Did I mention that I'm getting a new desktop in August?

And yeah, that's a blatant ploy to find out if RSII will be out long before August as well

The mod looks incredible, I can't wait. I'm not sure whether to keep retrofitting my RS1.6 with some different mods and textures or to wait for RSII.

Irishguy's Avatar Campidoctor
    Griftkwartier, Utrecht, Utrecht, the Netherlands

Keep retro fitting
    [LED ZEPPELIN FANS] [BATAVIA TW!]
    (\_/) This is stoned bunny, The Patron Saint of stoners.
    (O.O) Copy and paste him to have him gain world domination!
    (\/ \/)

Everything is amazing! Can't wait till RS2 is released!

Quick question though, why do the Carthaginian Sacred Band have their helmets resting on their head rather then covering their faces?

Because Corinthian helmets covering the face were 200-300 years out of date by the time of the mod. These are "pseudocorinthian" helmets and are designed to be worn exactly as shown.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Because Corinthian helmets covering the face were 200-300 years out of date by the time of the mod. These are "pseudocorinthian" helmets and are designed to be worn exactly as shown.

Interesting. (now release it!! )

tone I really like the corinthian helmet instead of others, Is there any unit with this kind in the hole mod?

no, for the reason I stated. Don't get me wrong I like them too and think they look great, but we are trying to be true historically.

Iīm agree with you tone, I prefer to be historical accurate instead of personal preferences but the spartan bodyguard has them isnīt it?

Yes, they do.

Maybe because they could afford the expensive Corinthian helmets, being the best soldiers around. Or perhaps, as they're Spartans (a bunch of traditionalists who refused to adapt) they just stuck with old fashioned armour.

Actually, I think, at the time of this game, most spartans were using the pilos helmet- pointed, that only covered the top of the head. Obviously, this hardly offered the best protection, so perhaps the veteran soldiers took better equipment
    Last edited by The Man With No Name; July 14, 2010 at 05:42 PM.

Roma Surrectum 2- THE mod for Rome Total War- Visit the forums!

Spartans...first profesional warriors ever...they deserves respect so I think my first campaig will be with them and then with romans of course is there any pictures of romans before the Marianīs reform?

Quote Originally Posted by The Man With No Name View Post
    Yes, they do.

Maybe because they could afford the expensive Corinthian helmets, being the best soldiers around. Or perhaps, as they're Spartans (a bunch of traditionalists who refused to adapt) they just stuck with old fashioned armour.

Actually, I think, at the time of this game, most spartans were using the pilos helmet- pointed, that only covered the top of the head. Obviously, this hardly offered the best protection, so perhaps the veteran soldiers took better equipment
    @Tenerife Boy - check out the Premarian Roman preview - look under the RS2 previews thread.

@TMWNN: Actually no they don't - the bodyguards look like this:

well, there is more than 600 pages in this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...34165&page=615
    @TMWNN: Actually no they don't - the bodyguards look like this:
    but what about the king bodyguards that appears in first page of the Nea sparta preview ?

I mean the RS previews thread here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=138853

No, those bodyguards are outdated and have gone.

No, those bodyguards are outdated and have gone.
    Oh. Forgive me, I didn't know. Those new ones look a lot cooler actually (and the helmet is historically accurate).

Those pseudo-corinthian helmets always confuse me. How can they offer any facial protection when worn on the top of the head like some kind of cap?

The Corinthian design looks as if face protection was the main point, but then they go and wear them where the helmet does basically no good.

Wonder why the Hellenistic factions adopted such a odd method of wearing them in the first place.

times changes, and they get reliased that itīs more important to got an overview of the battlefield instead of only see to the front..new battle tactics > new panoplias

FACT: As cool as Corinthian helmets may look, they were heavy, uncomfortable, and made it hard to hear and see. Also inside the metal helmet it would get very steamed up and uncomfortable. They pulled the helmets off their heads and wore them like a cap to give them better vision and hearing before the battle. It evolved from doing this before a battle to wearing it as a cap all the time, but for most ordinary soldiers newer helmets came into play instead.

MY GUESSES: Important officers might not have done as much actual fighting, and thus could afford to look cool and wear the Corinthian helmet. I think by the time period of RS2, you'd have been hard pushed to find anyone wearing them anyway.

SimpleCourage47's Avatar Ducenarius

Been playing EB for abit and i like their Scordisci units, i was wondering if the RS version will also use the curved sword that their unit description says they were famous for or the traditional Celtic sword.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man With No Name View Post
    FACT: As cool as Corinthian helmets may look, they were heavy, uncomfortable, and made it hard to hear and see. Also inside the metal helmet it would get very steamed up and uncomfortable. They pulled the helmets off their heads and wore them like a cap to give them better vision and hearing before the battle. It evolved from doing this before a battle to wearing it as a cap all the time, but for most ordinary soldiers newer helmets came into play instead.

MY GUESSES: Important officers might not have done as much actual fighting, and thus could afford to look cool and wear the Corinthian helmet. I think by the time period of RS2, you'd have been hard pushed to find anyone wearing them anyway.
    Yeah its obvious that it would be extremely difficult to fight while wearing Corinthian helmets.

That said, wearing them on top of the head as a cap....what's the point? They wouldn't offer any protection up there, and would just be another heavy piece of kit to lug around.