Thread: Why are my gates open when seige battles commence?

Default Why are my gates open when seige battles commence?

Whenever barbarians besiege my settlements and then commence a battle, my settlement gates are always open. Why is does that happen? I'm sure that there are no enemy spies in my settlements. Is this a part of the game?

Default Re: Why are my gates open when seige battles commence?

Quote Originally Posted by saber View Post
    Whenever barbarians besiege my settlements and then commence a battle, my settlement gates are always open. Why is does that happen? I'm sure that there are no enemy spies in my settlements. Is this a part of the game?
    What faction are you? Not sure why this happens to you ..very strange...send me the saved game ok.. Are you setting up or possibly accidently directing troops out your gates?

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Either you have troops accidentally ordered out the gates or, most likely...even though you are sure you dont have any...that you have a spy who has managed to open the gates. Cant think of anything else.
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

If ALL settlement gates are open,then it is a spy. What you need to do to test,is use custom battle,defend a city and use same enemy to attack you and see if bug or not???? The spy thing is random,so hard to test,but custom fight same same enemy best bet-try in settlement OK. Before battle in your campaign,look for an enemy spy heading your way??

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Are all of them open? do they look broken?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.