Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [HoI3] How should i play as Greece?

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

Default [HoI3] How should i play as Greece?

any advice for building economy/industry etc and how to keep my supplies high for "attacks" and reclaiming territory cuz in my last campaign i had this big army and i wasnt allowed to do that and i lost to italy :-(

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Default Re: How should i play as Greece?

join the axis or you will be destroyed by them.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

Think small. The trick with minor factions is to accept you're always going to be a bit player, and leech off the successes of your Faction overlords. As Portugal (probably around the same state as Greece, but with some colonies in Africa) I managed to take advantage of the Axis advance to take over vast swathes of Africa. So pick a faction and leech support off of them. Axis is possibly your best bet, since as you know, Greece didn't really get all that much support. Though Comintern might prove fruitful perhaps, so long as you try to influence your northern neighbours to do the same once you're in for a little solidarity (and to pull the USSR into the fight earlier, hopefully)
    morecuriousthanbold.com

Daimon's Avatar Miles

Don't own the game itself but here you can find some handy tips: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=416322 it's an AAR by the same guy who wrote the strategy guide. He's playing with Portugal and it really shows how to play with a minor power.

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

Build and upgrade mountain divisions, with some good support brigades

I found Greece pretty easy, What I did was first invade Albania (I lowered my neutrality to 0 with a cheat cause I feel its ridiculous) after that I built up my air force allowing my troops to reorganize and build up on the Turkish border. Then proceeded to own turkey by tying up most of there divisions in and around Constantinople while I had a secondary smaller force land on the cost line of there important cities. After turkey is conquered its a cake walk.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by patrick1191 View Post
    I found Greece pretty easy, What I did was first invade Albania (I lowered my neutrality to 0 with a cheat cause I feel its ridiculous) after that I built up my air force allowing my troops to reorganize and build up on the Turkish border. Then proceeded to own turkey by tying up most of there divisions in and around Constantinople while I had a secondary smaller force land on the cost line of there important cities. After turkey is conquered its a cake walk.
    Obviously it is easy when you use cheats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Pious Agnost's Avatar Praefectus

I use the NoNeutrality cheat.

Neutrality is just ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Pious Agnost View Post
    I use the NoNeutrality cheat.

Neutrality is just ridiculous
    Na, cheater!!
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Ever written a Total War AAR and used toggle_fow?

Not the same. It is realistic that most nations in Europe and Middle East in 1200 knew the borders of the other nations in the area.

However, Norway attacking Sweden in 1.1 1936 is vastly unrealistic. We wubbed each other!
    By all means, use cheats in single player games, just don't go around saying things are easy when you use them...
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

No, I hate cheating.

Not to mention it is the surprise element that makes TW fun.

Obviously it is easy when you use cheats.

Lowering neutrality doesn't changed anything other than my diplomacy options, It does nothing to make the game easier. I still had a weak army, Almost no IC, no Allies. To say the game was made easy due to the fact i declared war in 1939 instead of 1960s is just bull .
    Last edited by patrick1191; September 28, 2009 at 10:47 PM.

It bypasses Axis invasion. There's a huge difference in attacking Albania after Italy has invaded them, or before, if you know what I mean.
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

Quote Originally Posted by patrick1191 View Post
    Lowering neutrality doesn't changed anything other than my diplomacy options, It does nothing to make the game easier. I still had a weak army, Almost no IC, no Allies. To say the game was made easy due to the fact i declared war in 1939 instead of 1960s is just bull .
    Garbage, it actually turns the table around for veteran; Greece, without neutrality, can pretty much annex Albannia, Bulgaria and Hungary at most the mid-1937. After that, an annex of Czechslovakia or Rommania would not be difficult, and with any of them under your control you are pretty much ready to occupy whole Balkan + Turkey + Italy in 1939~40.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    Not the same. It is realistic that most nations in Europe and Middle East in 1200 knew the borders of the other nations in the area.

However, Norway attacking Sweden in 1.1 1936 is vastly unrealistic. We wubbed each other!
    By all means, use cheats in single player games, just don't go around saying things are easy when you use them...
    I don't think there would have been an impenetrable bubble around the pens, had either of them wanted to go to war

Being unable to declare war, being effectively the Head of State and Government, is unrealistic, regardless of Casus Belli and backstory

NONOPUST's Avatar Primicerius

Eh, NoNeutrality Cheat? Why even play the game?

Talk about making it too much of a cakewalk.

Not if you use it as say, Turkey, to go to war with Greece, or Argentina on Brazil.

I don't use it when I play as Germany, or can actually join the war without waiting 10 years

I don't think there would have been an impenetrable bubble around the pens, had either of them wanted to go to war

Being unable to declare war, being effectively the Head of State and Government, is unrealistic, regardless of Casus Belli and backstory
    I put one word in italics for you. HAD they wanted to go to war. In 1936 war wasn't really that apparent. Especially not for smaller nations, like Norway, Greece, Sweden and Turkey. Before the wars could start, different nations had to stand out as ultimate threats to everyone, and the people had to want war. (Low neutrality versus high threat)

War between Norway and Sweden in 1936 is a laughable option. Both countries had been running "broken gun" policies since WW1. Bacially this meant a large demobilisation. Definetly not the kind of environment the two countries would start a war in.

By all means, play with cheats in SP games, I couldn't care less: Just don't say things are easy, and then add: "if you use cheats"...

Bill Shankly

I never said it was easy, that was someone else.

My point was that nations such as those in the Balkans, shouldn't need to spend years building up a Casus Belli to go to war with another nation in the Balkans.

And Italy should be able to attempt to join the Axis immediately, but that's not so big a problem...

I think Neutrality should have remained an AI function, myself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast