Thread: Force Diplomacy

Default Force Diplomacy

Has anyone made a force diplomacy mini mod for SAI3?

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: Force Diplomacy

Quote Originally Posted by mw1776 View Post
    Has anyone made a force diplomacy mini mod for SAI3?
    No. Why do you ask??

I generally prefer to play with a force diplomacy mod (like the one for EB) because it helps keep the AI in check. It helps me 'roleplay' different factions. A larger nation should be able to force demands on a smaller nation after defeating their armies, but the AI is just too stubborn.

For instance, in my current Sassanids game I've beaten every army the Armenian's throw at me and I've captured all but one of their cities. I'd prefer to keep them around as a buffer but they won't accept a ceasefire let alone become my protectorate. With a force diplomacy mod I'd be able to get them to accept.

Can you show me which part of the script in EB deals with diplomacy and I'll have a look.

Cheers

I'm not savvy enough to figure out where that info is. I know that post #4 of this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=85442 discusses how to add force diplomacy as an option, but as my modding skills are very meager I'm not entirely sure what all is involved.
    Last edited by mw1776; September 08, 2009 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mw1776 View Post
    I'm not savvy enough to figure out where that info is. I know that post #4 of this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=85442 discusses how to add force diplomacy as an option, but as my modding skills are very meager I'm not entirely sure what all is involved.
    Thanks for that, I'll check it out.

I would love this too since I can't get map info from the WRE unless I pay like 10000 denarii

I played with a force diplomacy mod for a while in another mod, I don't remember which, and after a while it go quite annoying.
    I spend all the time sending around diplomats to take and re-give cities to keep all the faction in place.
    So I have to say that I don't like force diplomacy that much.

Using it to keep AI factions in check with regards to their expansion can be a pain. I tried an historic Roman expansion in EB using Force Diplomacy and I burned out around the 210s. However if you use it to force the AI to accept proposals that are beneficial for it then it doesn't get too out of hand.

I use it mainly to keep factions in the game given that once they're destroyed there's no coming back, and I use it to force ceasefires/protectorates once I've soundly beaten the AI.

I suppose all of that is a long way of saying you're not forced to use force diplomacy, it's just an option to make the game smoother in one of its rougher areas - AI behavior.

exactly you aren't forced to use it so win win