Thread: Keeping your old flag after a revolution

Default Keeping your old flag after a revolution

I had a search across these forums about this but haven't found a topic so far;

I'm sure I'm not the only one who sometimes doesn't like a certain flag after you just got this awesome constitutional monarchy for your nation. You can keep your old flag after a revolution by editing the save game.

You need a ESF editor to do this, download is located here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=242353

1) Open your save game with your ESF editor and navigate to: Campaign_env/Campaign_model/World/Faction_array/

2) Now you need to do some searching. Click on every "FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION" untill you find your nation and expand this directory.

3) Click on FACTION_FLAG_AND_COLOURS. In the first line you can change the flag set.

For instance for the United States with a constitutional monarchy you can change "data\ui\flags\us_monarchy" to "data\ui\flags\united_states".

4) Now save your file and enjoy the benefits of your new government without the loss of your beautiful patriotic flag!

PS. Since I'm kind of new here, I'm not sure I posted this in the right forum. (Thanks for moving!)

Edit: I forgot to mention that after having applied the above changes you will still see the "old" flags in the load save game screen in Empire(the two with your nation's leader in the middle). However once you've loaded your campaign all flags, both campaign and battle, will be showing correctly!
    Last edited by Rekcinad; September 10, 2009 at 05:10 PM.

Default Re: Keeping your old flag after a revolution

good little tutorial, but this belongs in the Workshop.

You can ask a moderator to move it. Nice job though. +rep

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

i got a BIG problem at this point :

"3) Click on FACTION_FLAG_AND_COLOURS. In the first line you can change the flag set.

For instance for the United States with a constitutional monarchy you can change "data\ui\flags\us_monarchy" to "data\ui\flags\united_states".

4) Now save your file and enjoy the benefits of your new government without the loss of your beautiful patriotic flag! "

when i try to replace "data\ui\flags\united_provinces_revolutionary" by "data\ui\flags\united_province_republic" in order to keep my republican flag with any type of government, it seems i am not able to SAVE the changes, dunno why. i tried to do it in the main.pack file, or in my savegame, before AND after the revolution. everytime, i cannot save my changes...

so please help or if someone could make me a simple pack file to allow me to keep my flag, it would be very nice!!!!

I'm not sure making a pack file would work, I've only managed to get this actually working by editing the savegames. Saving your changes after you edited the savegame is done by going to File > Save > click on the savegame's name. I hope this solves the problem you described!

Also might be worth checking if your savegame is read-only (has to be disabled).

hmm ok i ll try this, thx a lot!!!

Nice tutorial +1 rep

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 LGA
    COOLING (AIR): Vigor Monsoon III PSU: CORSAIR TW750W
    RAM: G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    VIDEO: EVGA GeForce GTX 280 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
    SOUND: Creative X-Fi Fatality Platinum HARD DRIVE(S): WD500 7200RPM x 2
    DVD/CD/ROM/RW: LITE-ON x 2
    CASE: Cooler Master Stacker 830 Evolution Aluminum Full Tower ATX & BTX Case
    KEYBOARD: Logitech® G15 MOUSE: Logitech® MX518