Thread: Will TLK have navigable rivers?

Default Will TLK have navigable rivers?

Title says it all, really. I really like the idea, I found it sorely lacking from SS.
    "For men can endure to hear others praised only so long as they can severally persuade themselves of their own ability to equal the actions recounted: when this point is passed, envy comes in and with it, incredulity." - Pericles, Funeral Oration

"English bastards!" - the Scottish AAR!

The Grass is ALWAYS Greener: the Dark Tale of Mordor

Want to publish an article on any aspect of history? PM or email me at shistory@speculativehistory.co.uk, or visit http://www.speculativehistory.co.uk. if you just want to learn something new.

Default Re: Will TLK have navigable rivers?

As I have understood, why SS didnt include it was because the AI never used it.

No? I don't see why it wouldn't, wouldn't it just treat them as oceans?
    "For men can endure to hear others praised only so long as they can severally persuade themselves of their own ability to equal the actions recounted: when this point is passed, envy comes in and with it, incredulity." - Pericles, Funeral Oration

"English bastards!" - the Scottish AAR!

The Grass is ALWAYS Greener: the Dark Tale of Mordor

Want to publish an article on any aspect of history? PM or email me at shistory@speculativehistory.co.uk, or visit http://www.speculativehistory.co.uk. if you just want to learn something new.

Does the AI make naval invasions? .The Ai sends troops by ship for an invasion pretty rarely. There wouldnt also be any bridges or bridge battles. The land would be divided then in small islands.

Just for information, Libertas vel mors first map was on multi continent map and was dropped because of the pacific behaviour of the AI.

In this case the vikings factions won't be a treat to the Anglo-saxons one.

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

The ai does use naval invasions. They tend to consolidate their landmass first and then move on. The bridges can be made up wih crossing points, the green arrows, and there may be some bridges since i doubt the rivers will be navigable all the way to the source, no river is.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgeir View Post
    In this case the vikings factions won't be a treat to the Anglo-saxons one.
    If this is the case the vikings won't leave scandanavia, which is kind of the point of them... i'm sure the team wouldn't let a major part of the mods factions become useless.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

XAI utilizes frequent and coordinated naval invasions, but given the recent mess and absurd 'discussion' in the progress thread I doubt Xeryx would be even interested to allow his AI integration in a mod developed so poorly when it comes to AI.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

VVILHELM DUX's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Achilla View Post
    XAI utilizes frequent and coordinated naval invasions, but given the recent mess and absurd 'discussion' in the progress thread I doubt Xeryx would be even interested to allow his AI integration in a mod developed so poorly when it comes to AI.
    This is the second time Ive seen this mods AI dissed and the mod hasnt even been released yet.
    Give this mod team a break. Can we wait untill its released before the AI slamming begins?

If you have AI modding skills, perhaps you could offer those services to the team instead of critisizing a work pre-release.

As far as navigatable rivers, I like them too. I have a copy of 100 years war mod and the AI there does make use of the rivers.

Some of the major rivers are navigable and the AI does use them.

I should also add that not all rivers are navigable and those that are mostly don't have their entire length navigable. This is due to the fact that you can't have bridges over "navigable rivers" and also because sometimes the AI of an allied faction will move their ship into the area and you can't get around them with breaking the alliance by attacking them.

As the map is now the issues are minimal and rarely cause problems.
    Last edited by GatorMarine1833; December 30, 2009 at 07:38 PM.