Thread: Needs some help taking good screenshots...

Default Needs some help taking good screenshots...

Hi guys ive kinda been browsing around the forums and stuff never really posting. Ive had the game since release and love it and id like to start taking some screenshots. I know doing print screen and pasting into word and stuff but what else can i do? How do i get rid of all the menus and stuff so its just the screen and not my units and everything? Ho do i activate the movie cam thing and is it good? Also ive seen some screens people have that are widescreen how do i make them like this? I know these are lots of questions but help would be greatly appreciated thanks guys!

1. I suggest using fraps, google fraps and you should be able to find a link to download it free
    2. Do you have photoshop? i suggest using photoshop to enhance pics or chopping off menu things, if you dont have that, there are a few other free programs avalible that will allow you to chop of the menu things.
    3. The movie cam is activated by going to your rome total war shortcut and right clicking on it and go to the properties menu and at the end of the "target" add " -movie_cam" with the space, but without the "s click apply and then ok. Then fight a battle and save the replay and go and play the replay and you will be in movie cam mode. Move using the keys on the num pad:
    8=forward
    4=turn left
    6=turn right
    5/2=backward
    / and *=up and down (forgot which is which)
    - and +=face upwards or face downwards (forgot which is which)
    1 and 3 or 7 and 9 = move side to side (forgot the exact thing)
    Press num lock to get rid of the ugly blue lines
    hoplite can tell you more, but this is as much as i can remember.
    4. You make it wide screen by editing the pic by copying it, lengthening it and pasting the pic in the middle and back the lengthens black, giving it a cinematic feel.

That's all i can remember, and welcome to TWC!

Centurion Quintus's Avatar Campidoctor

Ditch the unit banners in preferences.txt, they suck. Also ditch green arrows, and make sure your screen has substance, not just random stuff.

Oh, and if you dont want the widescreen banner thing you get in movie cam when an event happens (like the gets break open and it shows a cinematic view of the ram), when that happens in movie cam it stays there forever, so to stop that go to prefrences txt and at the place where it says "EVENT_CUTSCENES:TRUE"change it to false.

Kushan's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion Quintus
    Also ditch green arrows, and make sure your screen has substance, not just random stuff.
    What line in the preference.txt removes these?

Kushan
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

You can press enter in the battle and you will deselect a unit, but it's suggested to take pics in the replay.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kushan
    What line in the preference.txt removes these?

Kushan

I think it is called ARROW_MARKERS:

as chilly says though you can just press enter to de-select all units in battle, its easier to disable it all together though.