Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Q&A: Warband Multiplayer

Icon3 Q&A: Warband Multiplayer

Warband Multiplayer Questions & Answers

Q: What is Warband: multiplayer?
    A: Warband is the expansion for the game Mount & Blade, and it features multiplayer.

Q: Can I play mods?
    A: Yes, there are mods for multiplayer. They are installed like mods in M&B.
    In order to play the mod you must find/know the server on which the mod is running.

Q: When will it be released / made public?
    A: It was released March 30. for download.

Q: I can't find or connect to any servers. What to do?
    A: You are welcome to ask here, but the official forum offers technical support.

Q: What are the game-modes?
    A: First of all there are no campaigns - everything is on battlefields (like classic FPS)
    The game modes are:
    1. Deathmatch,
    2. Team Deathmatch,
    3. Capture the Flag,
    4. Siege,
    5. Conquest and Battle (like team deathmatch but without respawn).
    6. Master of the field (part of battle mode when there are no casualties for a while).
    7. Fight & Destroy
    8. Battle
    9. Duel
    and then there are various mods...

Q: How many players can the servers hold?
    A: The servers are set to either 32 or 64 players. But some unofficial servers hold more (up to 220 or so).

Q: What are the system requirements?
    A: It's still a game that can be played on older machines:
    Operating system: Windows 2000/ME/XP/Vista/Windows 7
    CPU: 2.1Ghz or higher
    RAM: 1 GB
    Hard Disk Space: 900 MB
    Video: Graphics card (128 MB+)
    Sound Card: Direct X-compatible sound card
    DirectX®: Directx 9c
    Controller Support: 3-button mouse, keyboard and speakers
    Browser: Internet Connection required for multiplayer and Online Activation
    Last edited by Adorno1; August 11, 2010 at 11:20 AM.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Legionary Jezza's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Q&A: Warband Multiplayer

Just a question how many people are there in battles?

-Evil

I've seen as much as about 45 on US (USA) server and about 35 on a EU (Europe) server.
    There can be up to 64 players and then some of the servers have bots (AI controlled players).
    We might have hit max but I don't think so yet.

But typically there are between 5-25 players.

EDIT: Now there are typically one server with 40-60 players.
    Last edited by Adorno1; September 08, 2009 at 04:15 PM.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

molls's Avatar Campidoctor

Waaaa I must ask something: Is there an option to force a server to have Automatic Blocking disabled?

I just realised I have played M&B with auto block since day one, and now I'm trying to do it manually and it's a biiit of a struggle

No, auto-blocking versus manual is determined by the server.
    So far only one server has manual blocking (and everyone are on it ).
    So I wouldn't worry, there'll always be some with auto-block.
    But still you should try it, it's very fun (and you can always bring 2-3 shields to be on the safe side)

Must get my issue resolved so I can have an edge before the swarms come for the public beta!

Ok I think this may have something to do with me having XP, but why do I get blue skins? I don't get any skin textures only blank blue faces and skin.

I haven't seen anyone reporting that bug. I'm guessing it's not an issue for you in M&B (single player).
    Sounds strange. Usually that sort of glitches has something to do with the graphics driver...
    Last edited by Adorno1; September 17, 2009 at 05:30 PM.

I'll see if there's an update to my nvida drivers. I thought maybe it was because I don't have directx10

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

I have a question- Do bots count as players?
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

No, the bots don't take up the space of players.
    Currently only one server has bots (not many use it) and the bots are 'on-top' of the server capacity. I think it's max 32 players on that one.

Hopefully along the line we'll see the ability to control larger amounts of bots in battles.

Battle size changer!

Well I've posted my birthday suit issue in the tech support forum and so far no luck. Although I'm going to give them time since only one maybe two others posted (that I know) with similar issues.

Here it is in case any one here is having the same trouble feel free to post:

[Bug v.612] Blank character skin/textures
    http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.p...c,77205.0.html

Umm a quick question here.. What are the system requirements ?

If you can run m&b now you shouldn't have problems running warband unless you max out your settings. That said I don't know so I'll check around the TWs forum when I'm on there next.

There are no official words on the system requirements, but they will most likely be similar to mount&blade now.
    The extra graphic features can be turned off, and even mediocre machines should be able to run it decently.

btw Godfry what's your specs?

Hey, I have a question, can beta testers play over LAN ?

Not to my knowledge, currently the only option is to use the servers provided.

Well, you can host a server, if you have the dedicated server files, and if you are connected to a network, then I would imagine it would theoretically work over LAN, but you can't have two serials playing at the same time.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast