Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rohan and Gondor Family Trees Extended (and others)

Default Rohan and Gondor Family Trees Extended (and others)

Rohan and Gondor Family Tree Extended (OLD)

NOTE: this is for an old version of RC/RR. Update coming over next few days.

Let me say from the outset that this was made mainly for my own personal pleasure and that it may not be up to the standards of many of the fantastic submods around here.

What I set out to do was to add the heroes from the books and movies into the game and into their family tress. I ended up achieving this as follows:

- The start date is moved to TA 2980. If there are any problems in terms of events or scripts please let me know.

Gondor:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- Ecthelion II is made a bit younger (would have been 95 in TA 2980, made him 75)
    - Boromir and Faramir are born earlier, so as to have them be 21 and 16 in TA 2980
    - The line of the Princes of Dol Amroth is inserted into the family tree (via a fictional connection higher up the tree). Alive in 2980 are Adrahil II and his son Imrahil and daughter's Finduilas and Ivriniel.
    - Finduilas is married to Denethor, as per the books.
    - Ivriniel is married to Mistion, so as to remove this fictional character from the Steward's line.

Rohan:

- Theoden is as old as he should be in TA 2980 (33), married to a deceased Elfhild.
    - Eomund is married to Theoden's sister Theodwyn
    - Theodred (18), Eomer (16) and Eowyn (12) are born earlier again, to make them usable in TA 2980.

NOTE: - The current download is for RC/RR only. I may make a seperate version for vanilla if anyone actually wants this little mod.
    - Anyone and everyone feel free to use/add to/subtract from this in whatever way you see fit.
    Printable Map

http://rapidshare.com/files/392738901/Map2.jpg
    Last edited by deguerra; May 28, 2010 at 07:55 PM.

Default Re: Rohan and Gondor Family Trees Extended

hmm, just noted I had the palantir submod installed when creating this. If there are any issues, download this alternative where all palantir references should be removed:

see first post
    Last edited by deguerra; September 06, 2009 at 06:05 AM.

Senator

great work! ive been doing something similar for my own personal modding pleasure, but i was using the faramir and boromir submod, so i tried to get imrahil to come around the time he would be 16 via campaign script, only thing is he isn't adrahil's son.... i think this works a lot better, will download

edit: oh and im not sure if changing the date does any damage to the campaign script, it might maybe mess up if there are any events that happen before the new start date, ill try that out....
    Last edited by Saladin; September 05, 2009 at 09:37 PM.

Civis

for boromir and faramir have you taken the battlemodels from boromir and faramir mod ?

100 ste post

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

I must say this mod looks rather fab. Have you heard of the Boromir & Faramir mod? Perhaps this could work with that and maybe even go so far as creating an Eomer model.

...Well, I think it's a good idea anyway...

+ Rep

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

I haven't merged this with the Boromir and Faramir battle model mod, simply because I didn't want to include it without having asked.

That said, it would not be a difficult merge, AFAIK only needing a slight alteration in the descr_start file:

search for Boromir in the file, and add
    , battle_model Boromir
    after
    hero_ability The_Heart_of_the_Lion
    and obviously likewise for Faramir.

of course, for this to work you do need to download the Boromir and Faramir mod, but without allowing it to overwrite my descr_strat or the existing campaign_script.

If the makers of that wonderful mod give permission I could merge them together as well.

A model of Eomer would be cool, but I have no modelling skills whatsoever. Possibly negative modelling skills

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by deguerra View Post
    I haven't merged this with the Boromir and Faramir battle model mod, simply because I didn't want to include it without having asked.
    Nor should you.

If the makers of that wonderful mod give permission I could merge them together as well.
    Awesomesauce.

A model of Eomer would be cool, but I have no modelling skills whatsoever. Possibly negative modelling skills
    Likewise. I've noticed elsewhere there is a Théoden model. IMO the TATW team could release the most popular mods with the next release and make them optional add ons so to speak...

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

- The start date is moved to TA 2980, in theory. The actual date is not yet changed, as I am unsure if this will cause conflicts with scripts or game length. Any input would be appreciated
    It won't cause problems with scripts but it will with game lenght. You can just increase the end date too though.

Quote Originally Posted by KozCDVI View Post
    Likewise. I've noticed elsewhere there is a Théoden model. IMO the TATW team could release the most popular mods with the next release and make them optional add ons so to speak...
    I hear you. I've restrained from including biography traits so far because that will mean more things to readjust when RR/RC brings out a new version. But I will include eventually. So far my list of things is:

-check that the 2080 start date causes no screwups. So far, it seems that the scripts are tied to turn numbers, not years so it should all be good.

-add some biographies, though this should probably wait till PB releases the next RC/RR

-I've added Círdan the Shipwright into my own game, as it seemed a shame to waste all the cool traits that are included in RC/RR from Aikanár's fantastc Lore submod. So I may look into adding more things here.

edit: thanks anxsan. that is what I thought, but it's good to have confirmation. Ok, I've attached a new version with edited start (2980) and end (3080) dates.

Attachment 54224
    Last edited by deguerra; September 06, 2009 at 06:02 AM.

Senator

nice, im a big fan of the lore submod as well, i don't think the biographies will be missed that much(maybe the effects), oh and for those who want to make this compatible with boromir and faramir, just make sure you add their modelsdb entry into the models.db file, and like deguerra said put the battle_model boromir(or faramir) in their entries in the descr_strat file. if i get permission from all the modders to use their work, i will make compatability files for the sub mods that i am using.

I need help? I try to do it i put in to third age total war date foder but it dose it work

dose it work for 1.0
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; September 06, 2009 at 04:43 PM.

Who cares? No one is playing 1.0 anymore.

It was certainly made with 1.2 in mind and will only work with RC/RR. On that note, as far as I am aware and having checked with PB, it should be fully compatible with the latest release.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Excellent mod. Has there been any talks with the 'Boromir and Faramir' mod to see if you can use their models? Or perhaps a joint mod between you and them?

Gonna try it out now

update: Ok I just tried it out and I can't start new campaigns anymore, when I try to start a new campaign it brings me back to the main menu
    Last edited by Cynik; September 12, 2009 at 09:35 AM.
    My Workshop - Signatures, Avatars and other work I've done on TW related subjects.
    "It is not these well-fed long-haired men that I fear, but the pale and the hungry-looking."
    - Julius Caesar

I should point out at this point that I do not think this is compatible with the latest RR/RC, as I think PB changed the descr_strat. I will work on a new version eventually, but have uni things on at the moment.

I should point out at this point that I do not think this is compatible with the latest RR/RC, as I think PB changed the descr_strat. I will work on a new version eventually, but have uni things on at the moment.
    Fair enough, can't wait to try it out when it's updated then ^^
    My Workshop - Signatures, Avatars and other work I've done on TW related subjects.
    "It is not these well-fed long-haired men that I fear, but the pale and the hungry-looking."
    - Julius Caesar

Modding noob question ahead:
    By changing the starting year, do the starting ages of the other factions characters remain unchanged? Or do dwarves start out with a 75 year old Dain?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|>Deus ex Machinegun<|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No, the ages are set seperately in the descr_strat file from the year, so changing one does not affect the other. All non Rohan and Gondor factions are as they were before, just with a later date.

hi...it's possible to make this submod compatible with the ring submod by Nirnaeth??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast