Thread: sounds extract problem

Icon5 sounds extract problem

i'm using Vercingetorix’s idx to extract rtw vanilla sounds, all goes fine until this freezes and crash when this tries extract voices3.dat than i'm unable to extract this and the next files (sfx,etc) so any ideas of how fix it, making possible keep extracting without crash?

cheers
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: sounds extract problem

Hi Atargina.

Do you still have this problem in your way? I may be of some help. Feel free to message me.
    I'll edit this post later as to how I found all of RTW's music and sound files.

EDIT_________________________________

Ok so first off im using Vista. But XP users or not, may still be able to find these files.

What I did first was download Vercingetorix's IDX extractor. Placed these files in a spair folder (my tools folder).

Copyed all the RTW sound files (made backup copies) and placed these in a spair folder.
    RTW sound files are located: C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\sounds

I Read the readme.txt file that came with Vercingetorix's IDX extractor and moved (as told) the extract_sounds & xidx files into the RTW sound folder.

Then I deleted all the unneccessary files I didnt want (the Voice and SFX files).

I then run the extract_sounds Batch file. The program extracted all the music files and skiped the others (as the rest were not in the folder). When It was done (in a few seconds) it asks you to press the anykey.

After that nonthing happened.

I was suspecious that the files were extracted else were, so I checked common places like the origional sound folder. Nonthing new was in that folder so I checked the next virtualStore folders and low behold, there were 30 to 40 mp3 files. They were all in RTW's Activision sound folder loacted:
    C:\Users\*NAME*\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\sounds\data\sounds\music

Now I didnt check this folder befor using Vercingetorix's IDX extractor. So maybe they were here the hole time, or maybe they were made just today.

Im guessing that since XP dosnt have the virtualStore that the mp3 files would be extracted into the same folder it came from.

Make sure you put the sound files back into RTW
    Last edited by IZob; November 02, 2009 at 08:32 PM.
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

Default Re: sounds extract problem

same problem