Thread: Mod Realms interview

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default Mod Realms interview

Some of you might be interested in reading this, it also includes some exclusive pictures of our forthcoming Bohemian unit as well as allowing you to glean some exclusive bits of info on our team and the project as it is right now.
    Love and war

http://www.modrealms.com/modificatio...-of-the-sword/
    Last edited by Hengest; September 03, 2009 at 02:40 PM.

Recon's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Mod Realms interview

Thanks Hross. Hope your not leaving us just yet..

Is that you in the interview?
    'Sup Gentlemen...
    "Militant" Atheist (Just kidding)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxGMqKCcN6A
    My Political Profile http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=8819965#post8819965

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Nikephorus16 View Post
    Is that you in the interview?
    Yes, that was Hross.

Nice interview!

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Interesting read, +rep
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

Great interview and the Bohemian units look very nice.

The mod just keeps looking better and better.

Time for new interview?

I think there is a need to summarise the progress on the development since last interview, will all of it's failures and breakthroughs, difficulties and positive surprises. Certainly would help people to understand what's going on, what we can expect in terms of previews (e.g. complete in-game map - what and when), when might happen a most basic public release and so on.

Not to mention we recently had a funny thread 'is this mod dying' and more such threads will follow as there is not really much to comment on now ... long intervals between previews, every possible question asked in FAQ threads, historic settlement project postponed due to difficulties with implementing them on the campaign map and so on. I think an interview with some neat stuff and 'we are working on it, there is progress!' is a must now.
    Last edited by Achilla; November 26, 2009 at 06:55 AM.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Maybe, thanks for the support. Our next preview is going to be pretty cool though, basically one of the campaign intro movies for a faction showing units etc. We are also running a map preview parallel, but we are more interested in getting it finished enough to allow us to do some testing so that we can then say what features will work and allow ourselves an estimation for release.
    The map and units are coming along at a great speed, but don't expect a Xmas deadline or anything like that. Once the map preview comes out, we will ahve only around the last 10-20% of the mod to do.

Another thing is that while we've got a great deal of stuff that could be previewed, most of the relevant people are busy working on the relevant areas of the mod (which makes sense, right?). So it's not easy to produce previews, although they would make sense so that the people when playing the game would not get completely lost with all the new stuff that we haven't prepared them for. But this can be done after the mod is ready as well - guides etc. Maybe "postviews"? But there will be many previews as well I'm sure.
    Last edited by Alkidas; November 26, 2009 at 05:41 PM.

Subuatai de Bodemloze's Avatar No rest for the wicked
    50 degrees, 26.2 minutes North, 119 degrees, 12.4 minutes West

I think that the SS will possibly doing a indepth Q&A with Hross and some of us other admins in the near future. Probably closer to beta release though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    Maybe, thanks for the support. Our next preview is going to be pretty cool though, basically one of the campaign intro movies for a faction showing units etc. We are also running a map preview parallel, but we are more interested in getting it finished enough to allow us to do some testing so that we can then say what features will work and allow ourselves an estimation for release.
    The map and units are coming along at a great speed, but don't expect a Xmas deadline or anything like that. Once the map preview comes out, we will ahve only around the last 10-20% of the mod to do.
    Thanks for the info. No-no, I don't expect any 'deadline' for a much longer time. I'm aware of the current situation and problems you face and understand very well why it's from one side hard to specify any worth mentioning estimate and from the other that producing 'mega previews' might be somewhat disrupting and counter-productive.

I merely wanted to propose some kind of mini-interview to cheer people up and give out valuable information in a more visible form. It could be a short-form interview, more like a blog actually, published around Xmas. Most important elements would be:

- how has changed the dynamic and overall progress on the development for the past months
    - what kind of difficulties or sudden breakthroughs you have faced
    - what can (not 'when') we expect in terms of next previews (rough idea)
    - some small promotion of the mod - perhaps a mini-preview of a chosen, most completed faction (under 1000 words - would contain some images of most representative units, very short historic background in 1080, chances and risks involved with possible expansion as well as of course concept map showing the location and belongings of the kingdom)

So basically, you 'throw us a bone' (sounds a bit funny, but that's the idea) with a double purpose - to silence those 'oh my god this mod is standing still or dying' sceptics and to give others something to wait for (I wouldn't mind if you postponed mini-previews to release a batch of them in one package - in some cases it's better). Additional plus is that you are able to explain the current situation as well as summarise the meaning of all those scattered-around but important posts to wider audience.

So, you kinda reignite interest around your mod and give us a visible sign that you care so much about completing the mod to state of first 'worthy release' as about keeping us updated and informed. I put trust you will choose least disruptive form of previewing the fruits of hard work your team is undertaking and that it will be also a way to motivate team members, because they would see what they create is appreciated and really important for all of us.
    Last edited by Achilla; November 27, 2009 at 12:25 PM.