Thread: true AOR: will it be in the mod?

Default true AOR: will it be in the mod?

Rome Total Realism, has done an excellent job with AOR. Will DOTS be doing something similar? It's really dissapointing to be able to hire local spanish units in any region of the world. I would even enjoy hiring the local troops but I can't cause I'm restricted to my own. IMHO Certain regions should have their local soldiers and when you conquer said region you may recruit said local soldiers.

I really hope this is in the game, its a real deal-breaker for me with other mods "like stainless steal which looks pretty good otherwise."

P.S. are there any realism mods currently out which have correct AOR's?

Thanks Phil.

Default Re: true AOR: will it be in the mod?

We will have an AOR system, but also a government system that will allow you the option of developing your provinces so that you will eventually be able to recruit your factional units in provinces outside your of original home provinces should you choose that route. This is a little outside of my department, but from my understanding DotS will be somewhat similar to EB in this regard.

P.S. are there any realism mods currently out which have correct AOR's?
    "Correct" is debatable. Broken Crescent does a good job with their AOR system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

It won't be only AOR, but we will introduce also limit in numbers. It means that as a faction with 3 settlements you won't be able to recruit more then say one stack of units of different kind. Disband will go into pools of course. This way we will ensure that small states won't go to the rampage and more importantly that player won't be able to go to rampage as he simply will lack the menpower to do so and would get overwhelmed by numbers when standing against larger factions...

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

we will introduce also limit in numbers
    I didn't even know about this, but it's not my job to know, I guess. I think this will have a positive affect on AI behavior. They AI always wants to recruit so many units that it can't afford to develop its economy, this will probably help.
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

I'm afraid you will run out very quickly of allowed number of hidden resources, so it would be best to decide where the limit is crucial and where it would be nice, but not necessary to have.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

Recon's Avatar Decanus

You can limit the recruitment pools in means of years/months that will have to pass before you'll be able to recruit a new unit from a region. The longer - the more crucial the battles will become. But i'm sure thats already in effect. Or am I wrong?

You can limit the recruitment pools in means of years/months that will have to pass before you'll be able to recruit a new unit from a region. The longer - the more crucial the battles will become. But i'm sure thats already in effect.
    Yeah that's the plan.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

An AOR will also work off the logic of the power of your faction leader in relation to your province. If your region is in direct control of your faction leader because he is strong and you have colonised the region over many turns and built the correct buildings to access specific troops, then yes in theory you could produce troops from home. Which sounds like it goes against the AOR theory but in fact, it actually represents it. If you put the work in to follow realism then that will benefit you. For instance, Italian and Frankish colonies could recruit 'home' troops once they had colonised far-off outposts to a proper levelm because their own population had been settled there. It is in some respects a little like the cultures system in Kingdoms campaigns.