Thread: [HoI3] how

Default [HoI3] how

If anyones noticed I,ve been having trouble with the game so when I went into my paradox folder and found all the game files I said ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo but when I try to edit it says

Cannot Create the C:/Program files/Paradox interactive/Hearts of Iron III/common etc make sure that the path and file name are correct

can anybody help
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

Default Re: how

theres also a fake file with egypt its in countries and has everything a normal country would have but its not in the game and for some reason in the last historical at 1941 I think japan has a piece if territory in the middle east weird
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

I'm not really sure, but you might want to try shutting off Vista's User Account Control, if it isn't already

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Vista doesn't like it when you try to mess with things in the Program Files folder (you shouldn't install games in there btw). What you can try, if you don't want to reinstall the game in another place, is just drag the file to the desktop, edit it, then drag it back to it's location.

And don't turn off UAC. All it does is prompt you when something requires administrative privileges (like in this case when you move the files back and forth, it's going to ask).

heres also a fake file with egypt its in countries and has everything a normal country would have but its not in the game and for some reason in the last historical at 1941 I think japan has a piece if territory in the middle east weird
    What are the filenames for these?
    Last edited by MadBurgerMaker; September 02, 2009 at 08:49 PM.
    (Patron of Lord Rahl)

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Hey, it worked for me. He might as well just try it.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by therussian View Post
    Hey, it worked for me. He might as well just try it.
    Or instead of allowing any program that wants it admin privileges, he could just click and drag a file to the desktop, edit and save, and drag it back.

He (and you, it seems) could then install future games in a folder that doesn't require administrative privileges and adjusted settings to access and mess with. C: or D: or <drive>\Games\<name of game> come immediately to mind as easy to remember locations that don't require any sort of special changes. No UAC popups, no moving files when you want to edit them, and you don't even have to turn off a security feature. Works out nicely for everyone.
    Last edited by MadBurgerMaker; September 02, 2009 at 09:52 PM.
    (Patron of Lord Rahl)

It worked thanks guys now I have some work to do I wont be back in twc for a while