View Poll Results: Shall Lance-Corporal Jones become a Citizen?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 77.78%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

2 22.22%

Thread: [PASSED 09/13/09] [Civitate] Lance-Corporal Jones (Patron: Rome kb8)

Civitate

Default [PASSED 09/13/09] [Civitate] Lance-Corporal Jones (Patron: Rome kb8)

[user]Lance-Corporal Jones[/user]

I've been quite active these past few months on TWC, and my contributions have been of a varied nature. On the one hand I have contributed serious articles to the Discussion and Debate section -- one of which, "The Battle of France", had the honour in the TWC Library -- as well as a debate on the same subject in the Fight Club which was very well received, and a few political-themed articles, mainly on the subject of the European Union. On the other hand I've made some lighter-themed contributions, such as a debate in the Fight Club on two popular video games. All in all, I am feeling increasingly involved with the community and I'd like to make further offerings to the community, particularly in the VV section as well as the Fight Club.

Rome kb8

I first noticed him under his old name Kleber in the EU related threads. I found his manner, passionate, but respectful, and his knowledge and posting quality to be of very high standard. There is not that much to say without opening up a thesaurus and regurgitated other positives from others like Gertrudius. I consider them very similar debaters and posters.

Some examples;
    Garbs fight club debate on the battle of France
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273042

Battle of France article and discussion, very detailed and well presented
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=271326

Series of well researched well argued EU threads;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=268641
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=269409
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=268823
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=280193

A good thread starting style inthat it is his own words and analysis, long and detailed. Unlike most of the threads thse days which aremerely a news story, or a few sentences to start us of.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Default Re: [Civitate] Lance-Corporal Jones (Patron: Rome kb8)

I am familar with Lance-Corporal Jones and I agree he should rise in rank to citizen. Rome makes the research a bit easier with his references.

The question is not if he should rise in rank, but is he ready to rise now? Are there sufficient debate and discussion threads? Yes. The weakness is the contributions to VV. They are not as impressive as I would like to see. I cannot count the submissions as significant contributions. His debate style is well suited.

I will vote yes on this application, but I hope this is only the beginning for this applicant.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

EDIT: Reading through his posts once again, I think that I can give him a yes. While I'd love to see more contributions, his debating skills and the fight club debate have convinced me in the end.
    Last edited by Astaroth; September 11, 2009 at 06:54 PM.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Poll added.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

Civitate

Obligatory Abstention.

no problems here, the aye has it

Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity

Aye he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and he would make a fine addition to the family.
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

I'm going to vote yes on this, but after reviewing a large number of his posts, I'd like to see him bring that same quality listed in the OP more often. I have no problem with one-liners here and there, but if they abound more often than elaborate examples, it causes one's debating ability to feel convoluted.

Passed.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.