Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We want your feedback!

Default We want your feedback!

Suggestions?

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

Default Re: We want your feedback: guild general discussion

I suggest that:
    1. Maybe the Tully's aggressiveness could be raised. In my campaign they didn't fight against their enemies (Lannisters and Joffrey's forces) nearly enough.
    2. Once a character named something Snow got married. His wife acquired the name Snow and so did their dozen or so descendants. Snow is a bastard name belonging only to bastards. Wouldn't their descendants keep the wife's name, as would she?
    3. Maybe lower the Arryn aggressiveness against the Starks. It didn't seem to logical when the Eyrie declared war on me, breaking the alliance after nil aggression on my part against them.
    4. Maybe also lower the Tyrell aggresiveness a bit. They utterly destroy whoever the AI decides they want to attack (This is usually Dorne).
    5. Perhaps have Robb's army start off after the Twins. I just didn't think that it seemed right that if i wanted to march through the Twins i had to conquer them, thus declaring war on House Tully.
    6. This would be great- Maybe you could add a little tweak so that the Starks, or maybe Robb in particular, can find that path that Grey Wind found, that bypasses the Golden Tooth and lets them into Lannister land without taking it?

And i have a question: When i claim for kingship as Robb, am i claiming the kingship of the North or of the Iron Throne? Because if its in the case of the latter, then it would make no sense.

Besides that, i thought this was a great mod. Hoping that version 1.0 will be released soon (That would be awesome).
    Last edited by peanut8; September 05, 2009 at 12:55 PM.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

1. Give the crag and that other castle to the Lannisters, so that the Ironmen won't take over it.
    2. Ally Arryn with Tully, and don't make them so obssesed about Saltpans.
    3. Some few more troops to Stannis
    4. Make it so factions will fight their enemies rather than disbanding their armies and going back to their own lands.
    5. Better alliances
    6. Princesses(just call them "ladies"
    7. Make it so Tyrells would be less likely to invade the Westerlands, and instead will help Renly.
    8. All factions should be able to claim kingships
    9. Make it so you can choose allegiance to a certain king. Call it "swear fealty". If possible.
    10. 12 turns per year(makes more sense)
    11. less disasters, please
    12. Strange bug: every large custom battle ends up with the whole map actually being flooded with water, and my troops buried under it.

Besides that, the mod is awesome. keep rockin' on
    Last edited by Orko; September 03, 2009 at 02:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Also:

I think that you should change the timescale so that one turn is only 1 or two weeks. We know that getting from Winterfell to King's Landing with a king's retinue (Which would travel about as fast as an army) would take 2 weeks, one week by horse if swift and uninterrupted. Thus it would make more sense to make the timescale one week per turn for large armies, which amounts to 48 turns per year.

The complicated thing about changing the timescale is the changing seasons, but thankfully you wouldn't have to worry about that because the seasons are unchanging in Westeros. So, if you changed only the timescale and adjusted the character's aging so that they aged accordingly with the timescale, a good campaign would take around 3 in-game years, time in which the seasons won't change in Westeros.

I think that to change the timescale you have to divide 1 by the number of turns that you want per year. For one week per turn that would be 48 turns per year.

But hey, i'm sure you guys already know how to do all this.

PS. I haven't tried version 0.53 yet because I still don't have Medieval 2: Kingdoms. I've only tried version 0.51, and just thought that the one week per turn change would be a good one.
    Last edited by peanut8; September 07, 2009 at 12:30 AM.

Akrotatos's Avatar Vicarius

think that you should change the timescale so that one turn is only 1 or two weeks. We know that getting from Winterfell to King's Landing with a king's retinue (Which would travel about as fast as an army) would take 2 weeks
    Check the books. It took more like two months.
    Gems of TWC:

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    News flash but groups like al-Qaeda or Taliban are not Islamist.

Changing the timescale to weeks would make the game weird, as with the way armies and wars of attrition work in Total War, you'd think that everyone was breeding like rabbits on 'roids.

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

Alright, I stand corrected. Maybe 12 turns per year, then?

I think that 4tpy would probably be better (considering for the final product we're not going to have an large amount of recruitable troops available in the short term, with the majority of your soldiers in starting armies). I also don't want the book characters dying off too quickly...

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringer951 View Post
    I think that 4tpy would probably be better (considering for the final product we're not going to have an large amount of recruitable troops available in the short term, with the majority of your soldiers in starting armies). I also don't want the book characters dying off too quickly...
    Well, I changed the game to 12 turns per year, and it is even better than 4 turns. It makes more sense storywise.
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    Well, I changed the game to 12 turns per year, and it is even better than 4 turns. It makes more sense storywise.
    Did you use GrnEyedDvl's script? And do the characters age accordingly?

12tpy. Hmm, I probably should have a look at GED's script as well. I haven't played around with Westeros for a while now. Damn real life.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

I did use GED script, and it works just well.

Excellent. Muahahaha! *power trip*

Balance Dorne against Tyrell, they should have an advantage at home against Tyrell.

Each event is proceeded by prophecy, but without the hero there is no event...

If you look at our Religion/Culture dev thread, that should become apparent in the proposla, Arthur.

I have another suggestion. Maybe you implement mercenaries in, say, the region around Riverrun. You could name them, for example, 'Riverland levies' or 'Riverrun levies', which could be 'hired' for a very cheap price.

Then, if you were playing as, for example, Robb Stark, it wouldn't look like the North was fighting the war completely on its own and seperate of Riverrun, which might well choose to do little in terms of fighting.

And it would work for any other faction. I mean, if any invading faction made it as far as Riverrun, there would be bound to be some lords who would submit themselves and side with the invaders.

It could also work for other factions. If the Starks had triumphed and crushed the Lannister armies, by the time they got to the area around Casterly Rock there would most probably be some Western lords who had decided to bend the knee and prove that they posed no threat to the victors.

Harpsichord's Avatar Foederatus

I'm pretty sure there are plans to implement mercenaries as soon as we get round to it

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsichord View Post
    I'm pretty sure there are plans to implement mercenaries as soon as we get round to it
    Awesome. And finally, just asking my earlier question again:

If I 'claim for kingship' as Robb Stark, am I claiming kingship for the Kingdom of the North or the Iron Throne?

Harpsichord's Avatar Foederatus

Well I'm waiting for someone to correct me, but I'm fairly sure that currently you'll be claiming kingship of the Iron Throne - though it is something that's being talked about behind the scenes

But it wouldn't really make sense if Robb wanted to claim the Iron Throne. Depose those who opposed him off the Iron Throne, yes, but not taking it for himself.

Methinks Robb would only want to make himself King of the North.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast