Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Script & Barracks event removal

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Script & Barracks event removal

Quote Originally Posted by evilsnake125 View Post
    Hey, sorry for resurrecting this too. I'm also having a problem with removing the barracks event. I followed the steps as you said but I'm getting a CTD every time I try to start up DaC after I change the scripts. If I just remove the text from descr_events.txt it's still fine: but if I change the script as you said in export_descr_buildings.txt the game crashes on start up. Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    You will need to ask that in the DaC thread.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-0-52-Released

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hi all, i'm having a bit of trouble. When i delete everything in the campaign_scripts.txt file, free people don't do anything, and lose all their territory to omm and oog in around 20 turns. which exact script controls what free people do? thanks.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quite honestly a bunch of scripts, most of all the ones concerning the transformation into/emergance of Arnor - Eriador can't recruit anything without those scripts.
    But also many other scripts affect them, as well as the other factions, that handle early AI expansions, AI economy, garrison and aid army scripts, Invasions, etc., so by cleaning out the scripts you also throw the game balance completly out the window...
    What was it that you actually wanted to achieve, because removing all is quite extreme?
    Last edited by Ngugi; March 09, 2016 at 09:52 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234