Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Script & Barracks event removal

Default Re: Script & Barracks event removal

Does removing the barracks become equal to having the submod "Total Recruitment" enabled? Or is there a difference I didn't catch yet?

is this compatible with sub-mods? i play with samedi mod so barracks event is gone, but i hate the garrison script.

I have a problem every time i want to save the file it says it cannot save the file....
    What can i do about this

boboav's Avatar Decanus

in the first point, you don't nedd to delete nothing in descr_event but only the lines in EDB

Quote Originally Posted by espadadono View Post
    I have a problem every time i want to save the file it says it cannot save the file....
    What can i do about this
    are u sure that your file is not read-only???
    Modder of "Bellum Crucis" and "De Bello Mundi"

vampire19's Avatar Barbarus
    Street 666, Minas Morgul, Middle Earth xD

Thanks this is really helpful

hi

I also have a problem with the garrison script I deleted everything as shown but the AI still gets the extra units. Smb. any suggestions pls??^^

greetz

its cause it is not save compatible so you must start a new game in order for the script to not happen

Hi all,

Just wondering whether you could help, please. I've downloaded and installed FireFreak111's Divide and Conquer Campaign Map for 3.2, v1.5.1 and I removed the the barracks event scripts as described above, but it still won't allow me to build any more advanced barracks other than the first most basic barracks/stables/archery ranges. Any ideas why this might be?

Some help with this would be very much appreciated

Mank's Avatar Dormouse of Hader

Hi RWF87,

Did you also go into the export_descr_buildings.txt and remove the "and event_counter large_city_barracks 1" line from each individual building line? Fastest way to do it is just CTRL+F (search) for event_counter large_city_barracks 1 and delete each instance of it.

Hi Mank,

Thanks for relpying to my comment. Yes, I did. I deleted everything from 'descr_events.txt' and then in 'export_descr_buildings.txt' I changed the large_city and huge_city barrack to: and event_counter large_city_barracks 1 & and event_counter huge_city_barracks 1 as described by axnsan above.

When I start up, I still can't upgrade the barracks, not even up to the fifth turn. Any suggestions? Should I uninstill and re-install and the game and try again, or is there something somewhere that I've missed?

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

I changed the large_city and huge_city barrack to: and event_counter large_city_barracks 1 & and event_counter huge_city_barracks 1 as described by axnsan above.
    axnsan and Mank are saying to remove those bits of text. Replace all "and event_counter large_city_barracks 1" occurrences with nothing (empty text), similarly for "and event_counter huge_city_barracks 1".

e.g. From...

Code:
    barons_stables castle requires factions { ... }  and hidden_resource big_city and event_counter large_city_barracks 1
    ...to...

Code:
    barons_stables castle requires factions { ... }  and hidden_resource big_city

I'm having a problem with the barracks events as well. I deleted the entire text of the descr_events file, and all 70-80 lines in the export_descr_buildings that I was supposed to. I have started two separate new campaigns and played until turn 8 on both. I still get the normal popup on turn 4...what's happening? Also, I am using the alternate patch, but I have gone through its changelog meticulously and don't see anything that might mess with the barracks events. Can anybody help?

Is there any way to make it so that you can recruit these units faster? Like it takes around 20 turns for you to be able to recruit one unit of Mumakils or something. Can we lower the 20 turns anyhow?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by JoanSam View Post
    I'm having a problem with the barracks events as well. I deleted the entire text of the descr_events file, and all 70-80 lines in the export_descr_buildings that I was supposed to. I have started two separate new campaigns and played until turn 8 on both. I still get the normal popup on turn 4...what's happening? Also, I am using the alternate patch, but I have gone through its changelog meticulously and don't see anything that might mess with the barracks events. Can anybody help?
    Assume you didn't delete map.rwm after the edits?

Quote Originally Posted by henrymega View Post
    Is there any way to make it so that you can recruit these units faster? Like it takes around 20 turns for you to be able to recruit one unit of Mumakils or something. Can we lower the 20 turns anyhow?
    Open export_descr_buildings.txt and edit the Mumakil-entries (there's two). What you need to edit is this number;
    Code:
              recruit_pool "Mumakil"  1   0.07   2  0  requires factions { spain, }
    The system work so that 1.00 mean a new unit is avilable each turn, and 0.00 mean no unit replentishment of the recrutment pool at all. Think of it's like a %-system with 1 = 100%.
    If you want a new unit each 10th turn you change 0.07 to 0.1
    If you want a new unit each 5th turn you change 0.07 to 0.2
    Or if you want a new unit each 17th turn you change 0.07 to 0.06
    and so on.
    Saved game compatible.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Ngugi, thank you for helping! I haven't been able to find a solution to this (seemingly simple) problem. I hadn't deleted map.rwm because it wasn't in the FAQ for removing the events, however, I have just done so. I played through turn 6 (new game, obviously) and got the normal event popup and subsequent lack of build/recruitment options. Also, I'm assuming I am supposed to leave the map.rwm file in the Fellowship campaign in place. I removed the other one.

I'm having the same problem JoanSam was. I've followed the instructions in the FAQ to remove the barracks event entirely, and yet I can't build the upgraded barracks at any settlements.

Did any of the people who tried to answer Joan's question test the FAQ fix themselves? Could someone please do so? I'm not convinced the FAQ guide even works anymore.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpan View Post
    I'm having the same problem JoanSam was. I've followed the instructions in the FAQ to remove the barracks event entirely, and yet I can't build the upgraded barracks at any settlements.

Did any of the people who tried to answer Joan's question test the FAQ fix themselves? Could someone please do so? I'm not convinced the FAQ guide even works anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Assume you didn't delete map.rwm after the edits?
    You find it in data/world/maps/base
    Not saved game compatible

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Sorry for ressurecting this post, but I just wanted to know if the steps to remove the Garrison Script and the Barracks would work on the submod Divide and Conquer. Sorry again.

Does this work for Divide and Conquer? Sorry for resurrecting this post, but thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Arachir Galudirithon; March 06, 2015 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Double

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

You will need to ask that in the DaC thread.

Hey, sorry for resurrecting this too. I'm also having a problem with removing the barracks event. I followed the steps as you said but I'm getting a CTD every time I try to start up DaC after I change the scripts. If I just remove the text from descr_events.txt it's still fine: but if I change the script as you said in export_descr_buildings.txt the game crashes on start up. Thoughts?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast