Thread: 0 turn recruitment

Default 0 turn recruitment

Does the AI exploit 0 turn recruitment, as in SPQR, or is this a player only device?

Default Re: 0 turn recruitment

I've seen Armenia (which starts out small) produce a full stack every turn for ten turns and send them all to take Tanais one at a time, so I'm guessing AI uses it too.
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Brilliant. Thanks for your help.

No problem.
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Nope it's at maximum 3 units per turn. Perhaps the armenian units you have seen are mercenaries? (experience 2?)

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    Nope it's at maximum 3 units per turn. Perhaps the armenian units you have seen are mercenaries? (experience 2?)
    Is that a mixture of 0 turn recruitment units or does it include a 1 turn unit and say two 0 turn units?

Two other, related questions. Does the AI retrain units this mod, as i've seen in other Alex.exe mods, and can you restrict mercenaries to certain factions?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Canterbury View Post
    Is that a mixture of 0 turn recruitment units or does it include a 1 turn unit and say two 0 turn units?
    Both are possible. The AI simply sends at maximum 3 units into the recruitment queue.

Two other, related questions. Does the AI retrain units this mod, as i've seen in other Alex.exe mods, and can you restrict mercenaries to certain factions?
    AI does retrain units, and the mercenaries can be restricted but I have tested and given up because it seems buggy and unrealistic.

Both are possible. The AI simply sends at maximum 3 units into the recruitment queue.
    Thanks. Realistic and practical, which is good news.

AI does retrain units
    Just as good. Couldn't believe it when I found out that AI in RTW and BI didn't retrain. As though we need to have our hands held like that.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Thanks. Realistic and practical, which is good news.
    It's not what I wanted though.... The 0-turn recruitment is meant to be used to recruit cheap levies and militias like Roman Hastati in a very short time, but AI cannot take the full advantage of it