Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ●●●●●PTW : MC - 1st Preview : Maps●●●●●

Default ●●●●●PTW : MC - 1st Preview : Maps●●●●●

Hi twc mebers and fans,

Honoured to show u the last developpements in mapping departement of Punic Total War...

The works we re presenting here are dating from long time and some of them havent
    been shown at the forum.

Punic Total War One's Map

Let's start this preview with a selection of screenshots from the PTW 1 map. These will show
    the brand new textures and models for many things like, settlements and terrain textures.
    This map, however, is still work in progress as it needs to be performed (Heights, Rivers,
    Regions).
    Nonetheless, this is THE base we are using for PTW v1.

Punic Total War Two's Map

The long gone map of western Mediteranean map have been revived and many tricks have been
    added and bugs fixed .

NB: Factions have not been implemented into this map and all the faction stuff you see are
    dummy and placeholders.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Balearic Islands

Corfu and Kefalonia

Lipari

Malta

Northern Italy

Central Italy

Western Gaul

Eastern Gaul

Northern Spain

Western Spain

South Western Spain

South Eastern Spain

North Western Africa

North Spain

Sicily

Greece

Macedon

Works done by Uranos (HCS) and HemilcoBarca

In parte operis mei licet mihi praefari, bellum maxime omnium memorabile quae unquam gesta sint me scripturum, quod Hannibale duce Carthaginienses cum populo Romano gessere. Nam neque ualidiores opibus ullae inter se ciuitates gentesque contulerunt arma neque his ipsis tantum unquam uirium aut roboris fuit.

Default Re: ●●●●●1st Preview : Maps●●●●●

Looks good so far..gd job

RS Beta Tester - Rome

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Great Work,looking forward!
    +rep
    Greetings

Very nice indeed! keep up the good work!

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Great work HemilcoBarca.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric and Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II & Rome Total Realism Developer

Thank u all and thanks to Uranos, the man behind the lines... his help was judicious, this might never seen lights without him

In parte operis mei licet mihi praefari, bellum maxime omnium memorabile quae unquam gesta sint me scripturum, quod Hannibale duce Carthaginienses cum populo Romano gessere. Nam neque ualidiores opibus ullae inter se ciuitates gentesque contulerunt arma neque his ipsis tantum unquam uirium aut roboris fuit.

Nice map and nice screens. I really look foward the release of this mod.

Great map. Good luck on getting it done!

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Pretty nice. We can work out the placeholders and dummys later.
    ~YATS Info: Lvcius Armenivs Romanvs - 28 (Patrician)~

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Aghh finally!!!
    Someone who made Malta geographically accurate(to a certain extent...but still good job)
    But the Pheonicians didn't call it Melite, the Greeks did
    The Pheonicians called it Maleth

Still, Mdina(Maleth) is located on a hill in the centre of the Island, just like you guys placed it
    Wiki :

"Melite, an ancient Greek colony located on present-day Malta."

"Around 700 BC, the Ancient Greeks settled on Malta, especially around the area where Valletta now stands.[29] A century later, Phoenician traders,[29] who used the islands as a stop on their trade routes from the eastern Mediterranean to Cornwall, joined the natives on the island.[30] The Phoenicians inhabited the area now known as Mdina, and its surrounding town of Rabat, which they called Maleth.[31] The Romans, who also lived in Mdina, referred to it (and the island) as Melita.[32]"
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Great preview, it will be good mod.

Under the patronage of m_1512

DragonsWarrior's Avatar Senator

nice work and a good campain too

Interesting post, and in academic style, you might help us with phoenician language...
    As u know, a great similarity exists between maltese and phoenician language
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    Aghh finally!!!
    Someone who made Malta geographically accurate(to a certain extent...but still good job)
    But the Pheonicians didn't call it Melite, the Greeks did
    The Pheonicians called it Maleth

Still, Mdina(Maleth) is located on a hill in the centre of the Island, just like you guys placed it
    Wiki :

"Melite, an ancient Greek colony located on present-day Malta."

"Around 700 BC, the Ancient Greeks settled on Malta, especially around the area where Valletta now stands.[29] A century later, Phoenician traders,[29] who used the islands as a stop on their trade routes from the eastern Mediterranean to Cornwall, joined the natives on the island.[30] The Phoenicians inhabited the area now known as Mdina, and its surrounding town of Rabat, which they called Maleth.[31] The Romans, who also lived in Mdina, referred to it (and the island) as Melita.[32]"

Lovely stuff - this is one mod that would get me back into RTW, and it looks to me like the map scale is just what's needed. One small comment - in the first map of Eastern Sicily you have Megara Hyblaea - however this was reported destroyed in circa 483BC.

Quote Originally Posted by kirroyale View Post
    One small comment - in the first map of Eastern Sicily you have Megara Hyblaea - however this was reported destroyed in circa 483BC.
    According to Thucydides, this event took place 245 years after the foundation of Megara, and may therefore be placed about 483 BC.

It is certain that Megara never recovered its power and independence. Thucydides distinctly alludes to it as not existing in his time as a city, but repeatedly mentions the locality, on the sea-coast, which was at that time occupied by the Syracusans, but which the Athenian general Lamachus, during the expedition against Syracuse (415-413 BC), proposed to make the head-quarters of their fleet; but his advice was not taken, and in the next spring the Syracusans fortified it. (Thuc. vi. 49, 96.)

By 340 BC, Timoleon, after etablishing himself in Syracuse, rebuild Megara Hyblaea and the nearby syracusan territories. By 309 the City was re fortified. It remains under the control of syracuse until the second punic war. After it occupation by Marcus Claudius Marcellus in 214 BC, we never heared of it.
    Strabo talked about a sicilian lost city in his time, founded by dorians coming from Megara « Hybla, because that was the primitive name of the locality. Today, i repeat it, this city exists no more ; and, if its name is still living, this is because of its excelent honey, hyblean. »
    Megara Hyblaea is the homeland of the greek comedian Epicarme.

Angel's Avatar Angeal

I thought I commented this?

Well guess

not..

tldr

I hate it

(ROFL kidding).
    Under the patronage of Hader

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I like the Western Mediterranean map. Nice and big.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    I like the Western Mediterranean map. Nice and big.
    yeah as big as people wanted it,
    and nice, well the long serving and retired PTW mappers have more describing words than me

Default Re: ●●●●●PTW : MC - 1st Preview : Maps●●●●●

couldn't you do like mini-regions like in FOE.Is there a indie Sparta faction?
    Serial Spammer

Default Re: ●●●●●PTW : MC - 1st Preview : Maps●●●●●

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelTheConquer View Post
    couldn't you do like mini-regions like in FOE.Is there a indie Sparta faction?
    maybe in a second release

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast