Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why invade Iraq

Default Why invade Iraq

I started thinking about this...what was the point of invasion? Maybe it was just a test...
    1. Test what the other arab nations would do
    2. Test how the islamistic world would react
    3. Test if democracy would work in a nation that has never been a democracy
    4. Test how the rest of the world would react

Quote Originally Posted by Perkele
    I started thinking about this...what was the point of invasion? Maybe it was just a test...
    Nah, no testing! Just oil! :laughing:
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MareNostrum

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

"You kiddin' me? Man, I just want that oil..*cough*oil*cough*"
    *looks around*
    "Oh ****, run!"
    -Chappelle Show.

Please keep this civil & constructive; or this thread will be imediately closed.

Cunobelin
    Keep this site happy & report flamming and abusive posts ASAP
    Everytime I learn something new, it pushes old stuff out of my brain -Homer (Simpson)
    Under the Honoured Patronage of the Divus Sulla. Please visit The Living Past Forum
    Patron of the Civitates Ozymandias & Dan_Grr

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

EDIT-
    nevermind.
    Last edited by MaximiIian; July 18, 2005 at 06:57 AM.

It was aimed in the general direction of anyone wanting to start trolling/flamming here.
    Everytime I learn something new, it pushes old stuff out of my brain -Homer (Simpson)
    Under the Honoured Patronage of the Divus Sulla. Please visit The Living Past Forum

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

1) Get uncooperative? Fail.
    2) Get really annoyed along with the rest of the world. Fail.
    3) Actually, not too badly, except for the insurgents and the attacks and the attempted assassinations. O wait, that is quite bad. Scraped a pass?
    4) See 2. Fail.

I'm sorry, Mr. Bush, but it seems you have an overal fail on your "Invasion Test"; we are going to have to ask you to relinquish your power now.

I just had this silly idea, that invasion of Iraq was just a test whetever the same could be done to bring democracy everywhere.

Not that I believe in that...

Senator

Why make another topic on this?

Patrician

Actually, I was only partially joking; don't be offended. It seems to have been less about democracy (why hasn't he persuaded his Saudi friends to head that way?) than about stability in the region and powerful foes. Of course, he has in fact reduced the stability and given one of his enemies a lot more power. Not the best thing to do.

sephodwyrm's Avatar Praefectus

Not really just oil, but general economics and power.
    Older guy on TWC.
    Done with National Service. NOT patriotic. MORE realist. Just gimme cash.
    Dishing out cheap shots since 2006.

Default Why Irac?

I do not think it was just the oil - It was a combination of many things:

1. To draw attention away from the Israelis stealing land from the Palestinians, manipulating and killing Palestinians without the world doing anything. Everybody was and is so bussy with Irac.
    Think abaut it, the US government is saturated with Jews (Rumsfeld, Volkowitz etc.). The Jews are the only ones that had to gain from this conflict.
    2. The only way Bush could become a real "leader", before 9/11 he was mediocer at best and would not have been re-elected; this was his chance. He still has not mutch to say and even today in his speaches citates "9/11" around 4 to 5 times. The guy is a liar and a looser.
    3. Bush's private vendetta against Sadam ( Sadam tried to kill his father and Bush Sen. did not finish the first Gulf War).

4. The Oil, see the film "Fahreheit 9/11".

History will not be gentle with him, but he said he does not care.

If it's the oil then why are oil prices at all time high, surely it would have been much easier and much more profitable to just let Saddam sell his oil...

Patrician

Fridericus: 1. It failed miserably. And anyway, am I not right in thinking that the Israelis are withdrawing now? So it is pointless. The Saudis and the companies these people were beholden to, especially Halliburton, gained a lot more than the Jews really.
    2. Well we knew that; its a Thatcher tactic. He can't even use new underhand tricks!
    3. Not really a major matter. Who cares abvout the history, Bush is more about money than vendettas.
    4. Only a sideline concern. Stability and who has power in the Mid-East is far more important than the oil. Of course he's wrecked stability but he has altered the power balance.

Decanus

If it's the oil then why are oil prices at all time high, surely it would have been much easier and much more profitable to just let Saddam sell his oil...
    If the oil is in a country that is contolled by a government favourable to America, it will give the US higher priority for it's stocks. That's why he did it. He needed a safe oil supply. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the Arab countries have temporarily stopped selling to the US before?
    "War! What is it good for? Absolutely NOTHING!"- War, Edwin Starr

delete
    Last edited by Perkele; July 18, 2005 at 01:16 PM.

Patrician

Valentin, I assume you are Israeli. Well, lets see; what did you do exactly to earn Israel? To earn the right to do to others what they have done to you? Hmm. You have not just blown up the leaders but civilians inrefuge camps, children and aid workers have been shot; sounds very like terrorist leaders only... How exactly would you have destroyed them without a nation, without an army? You couldn't; now, you (the nation) are just taking revenge for your persecution. Sounds very sensible; it actually defeats the whole argument.

Valentin the II's Avatar Primicerius

Its their fault , on the first day of our independence the whole Muslim world attacked us but wee one. Wee could have taken Egypt and Yarden but wee settled with Israel.
    It was a heroic victory, they’re just sour loosers.
    Born to be wild - live to outgrow it (Lao Tzu)
    Someday you will die and somehow something's going to steal your carbon
    In contrast to the efforts of tiny Israel to make contributions to the world so as to better mankind, one has to ask what have those who have strived to eliminate Israel from the face of the earth done other than to create hate and bloodshed.

Patrician

You were GIVEN land by the British. be grateful for what you got, rather than puching for more. You survived by relying heavily on the US. Never forget that. Israel owes the Western world bid time, yet all she gives us is strife...

Valentin the II you have been warned. If you flame and try to hyjack this thread you will be banned.

Squeakus Maximus leave him alone, dont reply to flames.

Cunobelin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast