Thread: INVASIO BARBARORVM : SOMNIUM APOSTATAE IULIANI For Medieval Total War II

Default INVASIO BARBARORVM : SOMNIUM APOSTATAE IULIANI For Medieval Total War II

I want to say how wonderful this mod is!

Is it possible, or is it planned, to have this mod for Medieval Total War II?

Thank you so much for this masterpiece!

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: INVASIO BARBARORVM : SOMNIUM APOSTATAE IULIANI For Medieval Total War II

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Gent~ View Post
    I want to say how wonderful this mod is!

Is it possible, or is it planned, to have this mod for Medieval Total War II?

Thank you so much for this masterpiece!
    Thank you for your kind words. Alot of work has gone into this mod and there is still more work to do before the BETA is finalised. At this stage I do not intend to port this over to the MTWII engine as there would be so much work involved of which I have little time for.
    Any available time will be to finalise the IJ BETA, do a provincial campaign based in the west in 367AD around the "Barbarian Conspiracy" apparently co-ordinated attacks on Britain and across the Rhine, and try to finish the Aurelian, late 3rd Century mod.

If anybody else wants to port IJ over to MTWII they are more than welcome.

PS, in case you were not already aware the IB team led by Riothomus and midnite are doing a provincial BETA for MTWII know as IBII. You may want to check it out.

Cheers

Default Re: INVASIO BARBARORVM : SOMNIUM APOSTATAE IULIANI For Medieval Total War II

Porting to M2TW or ETW wouldn't really be worth the effort.
    They are not that great technical advancements.
    Though I hope IJ will live on if another "good" TW game ever comes out.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    Porting to M2TW or ETW wouldn't really be worth the effort.
    They are not that great technical advancements.
    Though I hope IJ will live on if another "good" TW game ever comes out.
    wait, you can port the modfile IJ into medieval II's executable? how?
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

I think by port they mean making a new mod that uses the same models and textures and stuff. Wiuld need to be scratch-built for the most part, as Rome has some appropriate Roman buildings already and the cities look romanesque. Thit would need to be changed for M2TW
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Procopius. Only because he has the same name as one of my favourite historians.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Thank you for your kind words. Alot of work has gone into this mod and there is still more work to do before the BETA is finalised. At this stage I do not intend to port this over to the MTWII engine as there would be so much work involved of which I have little time for.
    Any available time will be to finalise the IJ BETA, do a provincial campaign based in the west in 367AD around the "Barbarian Conspiracy" apparently co-ordinated attacks on Britain and across the Rhine, and try to finish the Aurelian, late 3rd Century mod.

If anybody else wants to port IJ over to MTWII they are more than welcome.

PS, in case you were not already aware the IB team led by Riothomus and midnite are doing a provincial BETA for MTWII know as IBII. You may want to check it out.

Cheers
    Please tell me you will be doing a 'Gothic War' campaign from 376AD until 390AD?

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by Valentinian Victor View Post
    Please tell me you will be doing a 'Gothic War' campaign from 376AD until 390AD?
    If I do, it will not be done under MTWII.

You would need to speak to the IBII for any future camapigns on the MTWII engine.

The mod "Fall of Rome" does have its starting date in the 370"s and may be of interest to you.

Or are you thinking more of a provincial campaign instead. I have thought about a provincial campaign revolving around the "Barbarian Conspiracy" of 365AD focusing on Britain and Gaul to a lesser extent.

But I am running out of time as I am going back to University next year to do my Masters and I will have much less time for modding.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    If I do, it will not be done under MTWII.

You would need to speak to the IBII for any future camapigns on the MTWII engine.

The mod "Fall of Rome" does have its starting date in the 370"s and may be of interest to you.

Or are you thinking more of a provincial campaign instead. I have thought about a provincial campaign revolving around the "Barbarian Conspiracy" of 365AD focusing on Britain and Gaul to a lesser extent.

But I am running out of time as I am going back to University next year to do my Masters and I will have much less time for modding.

Cheers
    No, I don't expect you to start modding for MTWII, you have enough of a headache modding for RTW! You could do a dual-campaign if doing from 365AD, with Theodosius being sent to quell the problems in Gaul and Brittain, and Valen's starting his campaigns against the Goths north of the Danube. Constantius had destroyed the Lazyages in the North so this would have to be reflected in any mod of that period. The Sasanids were also rather quiet at that time.

Naughteous Maximus's Avatar Tiro

You guys need to leave JH alone. He's already done a fantastic job with IJ and he's given you not one but three mods in one game yet you guys just keep begging for more for the same mod. Let him be and let him rest, he's earned it.

NM

The problems making a RTW mod to M2TW is not only the need to recode it but especially that buildings of cities cannot be modofied or at least I know this. Infact IB by Rio is trying to fix this problem as he has already started porting the mod to M2TW. For my side of view I hope that after N:TW they will make a new RTW as I think it's the TW game people like most.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Someday (Since I found a lovely tutorial on how to port rome units into m2) I may have the skills to try this, but it could not go under the name IB because there's already an IB team working on the M2 version, and they specifically want to leave the ERE alone because the mod East of Rome has already got that area.
    So... yeah. an IJ mod is very unlikely for M2.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'