Thread: War of Spanish Succession

Default War of Spanish Succession

I apologize if this thread topic has already been covered.

It appears that the War of Spanish Succession is not included in the Empire Total War game. This is extremely crucial to the progress of European History.

Its interesting to note that France and Spain at the year 1700 have an alliance, which alludes to the outcome of the war itself.

Indeed most players of E:TW are asking themselves, Why is Charles II my King?

I mean, in all honesty it is not only historically inaccurate that Charles II lives to around 80 years old, but it is very hindering to the progress of Spain early in the game.

I would like to see maybe some diplomatic or family tree improvements in the game itself, since Medieval Total War II had a great system, and there are sinews in E:TW but it seems underdeveloped.

Thanks.

Default Re: War of Spanish Succession

I have said before that in my opinion, given that Kings are no longer on the battlefield, the real lines of succession should have been followed.
    Or they should have allowed the "princess" aspect of Med 2 in the game. I'd love to see sensible wars of succession and coalitions.

Quote Originally Posted by emperorpenguin View Post
    I have said before that in my opinion, given that Kings are no longer on the battlefield, the real lines of succession should have been followed.
    Or they should have allowed the "princess" aspect of Med 2 in the game. I'd love to see sensible wars of succession and coalitions.
    Personally I think that they should do away with "Promoting Generals" and beef up the family tree and marriage diplomacy a bit, because currently I can recruit a decent brigade of heavy cavalry for 7k Gold.

edit: Yet there are no mercenaries...
    Last edited by Lester_Young; September 01, 2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: general = mercenary

I was gobsmacked the first time William III died and was succeeded by Victoria, about 125 years early!

Well there are, technically, mercenaries, just that we recruit them the same as other units, eg Hessians, Bulkeley's, Swiss Guard, Irish Brigade etc

Bose's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Lester_Young View Post
    I apologize if this thread topic has already been covered.

It appears that the War of Spanish Succession is not included in the Empire Total War game. This is extremely crucial to the progress of European History.

Its interesting to note that France and Spain at the year 1700 have an alliance, which alludes to the outcome of the war itself.

Indeed most players of E:TW are asking themselves, Why is Charles II my King?

I mean, in all honesty it is not only historically inaccurate that Charles II lives to around 80 years old, but it is very hindering to the progress of Spain early in the game.

I would like to see maybe some diplomatic or family tree improvements in the game itself, since Medieval Total War II had a great system, and there are sinews in E:TW but it seems underdeveloped.

Thanks.
    it is possibel to recreate this war,but you would have to change Charles II age to 99 for it to work.thats what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by emperorpenguin View Post
    I agree. The whole background to this game is skewed by the failure of CA to represent the actual issues of succession that fueled the conflicts in europe over the period depicted. Instead we have diplomacy bases on ninjaing under-defended cities which never had any bearing.

Moved to Wars and battles.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.