Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A total history of Rome.

Lord_of_War's Avatar Libertus

Default A total history of Rome.

ROME: TOTAL HISTORY!

Are you annoyed with the fact the Rome is covered in one history lessons and that all you learn is the name Julius CeAser? Are you annoyed that one of the great empires on the earth has been so lightly forgotten?

We are here to put a stop to that and provide a great resource for all you Roman knowledge, whether it is for school or curiosity. We will show you every aspect of Rome!

This will all be put into a website for everyone to view, if it becomes popular we will .com it and have our own professional team and perhaps start on Napolean ot WW1.

But this project will take about a year with a small team, if we can get some forums and about twenty team members we can cut that time in half and know alot more about the worlds best civilisation.

Here are what we need:

Researchers:

Lord of War
    Maximus
    Sqeuakus Maximus
    Captain-Tigurus
    HomerReborn.

Concept artists:

Public relations:

So my fellow Romans! Do we let this great empire die!? Or shall we raise it once more!?
    Last edited by Lord_of_War; July 18, 2005 at 11:26 AM.
    Want to know more about fellow Romans? Find our thread in the history forum and join today!

Libertus

I think that is a great idea! it really gets me mad that there arent any ancient history courses at all in my high school anyway, though i am not too great with computers, as far as modding and making web pages and that kind of thing, i would be more than happy to do some research for the project. count me in

"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the way to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed" -Sun Tzu, Art of War

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

Me too; one volunteer for research. Although it would be a big topic to cover; when would it cover from and too? Would it cover religion and mythology? Politics? The language? Literature? What would come under the topic of Roman, given that the word casts a very wide net.

Carousel's Avatar Need help? Ask me! Hit PM

Sounds like a plan my friend. Dont have the time to help out manpower wise but I do have suggestions.

Perhaps organise it with subsections ie.

Military ------>Punic war/Persian War etc.
    Political ------>Sulla/Caesar/Octavian etc.
    Lifestyle -----> Aqueducts/Food/Entertainment etc.

Just an idea....
    Extremely grateful and indebted to my friend and patron: Spartan
    Patron of Ardeur

Patrician

On the other hand tose topics do tend to run into each other a lot; how do you define which one each part falls into?

Carousel's Avatar Need help? Ask me! Hit PM

Well if its web based then just have links running throught the text
    Extremely grateful and indebted to my friend and patron: Spartan
    Patron of Ardeur

Patrician

True. I'm stupid, so disregard the problem; but take the solution into account...

I'm doing a whole history of Europe for my European History website. After a whole two weeks of work I've gotten to the death of Augustus. I've requested some experts from that time period to check on the work so I can expand and truly create a good history of Rome.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29083

-Boran
    "Immortality, take it, it's yours!" -Achilles
    "Come home with your shield or on top of it" -Spartan mother to her child going off to war
    "Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of us all" -Alexander the Great
    "I will never relent in defending this country, whatever it takes." -President George W. Bush
    sig is too large. -sib
    http://rtwbi.proboards29.com/

If we make it as a forum we can have subforums such as:

Military
    Timeline etc

As we make a new post for each aspect under the proper headings it would grow and i think this project will take about 6months to a year to complete. But im up for a challenge.
    Want to know more about fellow Romans? Find our thread in the history forum and join today!

Patrician

Possibly more than that. But yeah, lets gfo for it; rise to the challenge. But first recruit more people to write, research, and set up the whole thing.

Why dont we spread to every Roman game or history forum we can find.

We must gather the team before work can start.

I will help as a military research man.

This will be an immense task, or are we doing the main historical standpoints or the whole thing?

You will be a researcher but you will not be given one topic. For all you know we may make you research Tiberius..... but either way, you are a researcher.

Patrician

Actually you are going to need people to give a general area of preference; it is where they would be most productive, really. Then you assign a subarea within the general topic.

Soo...what are we putting together? A whole history of every detail? Or simply the most imporant/important events?

I will, but until; we have gathered enough people, we cant decide. When we start the project. (soon) categories will be assigned to people depending on what they like. But at the moment we cannot give them.

The history is going to have everything we can do. Thats why we need a big team. We will do a timeline, battle events, emperors, aqueducts..... gladitorial games. Every single detail we can do.

Also, i am going to start on some team forums so that we can get this up and running soon.

I would love to volunteer for research. I would especially like to cover: Formation-Kings, Kings-Republic, and Republic-Empire. After Empire, I'm a bit rusty. But I read history everyday that deals with the previous time periods.

Anything I can do to help .
    "And virtue is a harmonious disposition, choice-worthy for its own sake and not from hope or fear or any external motive. Moreover, it is in virtue that hapiness consists; for virtue is the state of mind which tends to make the whole of life harmonious."

-Diogenes Laertius

Be sure to check out Homer Reborn : The place where the Classics come alive.

Welcome to the team HomerReborn. Do not forget, the internet is at your mercy. But most will be given the topics they ask for and perhaps asked to touch on others.

Patrician

Aaaah, the internet. Boon of many research projects. Bane of others. be careful what sites you enter.

Just to put in a bid for a general area: mythology and religion. This includes the religion.
    Last edited by Ozymandias; July 18, 2005 at 11:32 AM.

Every single thing, but before we do anything like that i think we should all work together to create a detailed history on how Rome was created. Perhaps then we can get a sub forum in this forum but that is hoping high.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast