Thread: Research centers

Default Research centers

Hello

I love this mode. Finally I found great challange which I miss in other mods...it's very hard game now, makes you think twice before you build something or recruit someone. The only thing which I do not like is research centers price. Not education cost but price for universities etc. What if I don't want research anything for next few turns because can not afford this. The only way to do this is destroy shools but if I want start research again I have to build this again! IMHO it costs to much and build time is very long. My question is: are there any other ways to resolve my problem ? I thought at beggining that you pay for education only when your gentelmens enter shools...

thank you

Sorry for my english

Default Re: Research centers

hmm... i dont think ther is currently a way to make this happen not sure wait till some one confirms what i just told you....

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: Research centers

Quote Originally Posted by Danigol of South America View Post
    hmm... i dont think ther is currently a way to make this happen not sure wait till some one confirms what i just told you....
    You are correct -- there is no way to "turn it off" short of demolishing the building.

Schools are sort of like armies and navies; you haveto pay an upkeep for them, even if you are not using it.

If you don't want to pay upkeep for an army you disband it. While it does take more time to build up a school than it does an army in most cases the benefits from the schools far out-weigh the build times.

You can always edit the costs for the schools in the TI_Prefs.lua file in your TerraIncognita folder or even reduce the build times for the schools in the ModCore pack file.

Hope that helps!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]