Thread: Practically impossible to assassinate enemy generals

Imperator Romano's Avatar Libertus

Default Practically impossible to assassinate enemy generals

Hey guys, first off I'm going to start off saying again what a great mod this is and obviously can't wait for RS2. Screw ETW and NTW, I'm more anxiously waiting RS 2 and I appreciate the hard work you guys put in it.

So, I have noticed a few things that aren't game ruining or anything but was wondering if you guys have experienced something similar. It seems that not even my best trained assassin can get a good kill on certain enemy generals. I am yet to kill any enemy character since I got the mod. I have tried going after low-ranking enemy generals with assassins with a subterfuge of around 8-10 and I still get between 5-10% chances of success so I don't even wanna try and lose my assassin.
    From what I know, the higher the influence an enemy character along with some traits and ancillaries, the harder it is for them to become victims of assassination, being a faction leader or heir makes it even more difficult. But I'm mainly speaking of regular family members that do have some influence but not so much. I'm also talking of trying to kill enemy generals that aren't on cities, I know an enemy city with a decent spy can make it harder to assassinate or sabotage in the city.
    In vanilla, it was easier to assassinate enemy generals so I wasn't sure if this a RS feature or file editing you guys did.

Have you guys try assassinating enemy generals and if so how often and sucessful were you?
    Last edited by Imperator Romano; August 30, 2009 at 12:42 PM.

Default Re: Practically impossible to assassinate enemy generals

I have had good assassin who had 95% of chance of killing a bad general. The thing was, each turn I kill it a new one with almost the same stats just spawn out of nowhere. But most of the time the percentages are aboutthe same as yours.
    So I believe assassin are best use to sabotage the city than to try to kill the generals.
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

Leeham991's Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Most I ever seen on a general was a 25% chance. But I don't often use Assassins for more than counter-assassin and counter-spy work.
    I like pie.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

I generally train my assassins up by starting on buildings, working up to captains and then generals and family members. I've not played RS1.5 for ages so I don't have any recent experience. You do realize that generals and family members can acquire traits / ancillaries that makes then a lot harder to assassinate?

I've managed to kill generals or family members in the past when I've only had less than 5% chance of success (and lower than that).

I've also found it best to try and use assassins that are out of the line of sight of the intended target at the start of the turn as I've found this can work best.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here